dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview May 2020

90 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Rsmee said:

The details are yet to come !! it likely that all the immigrants will be impacted !! I tried to find out in many news portal and did not find anything about legal immigrants. 

Bloomberg is reporting on a draft that has exemptions for spouses. We'll see how close the final order is to this draft, but at least there's hope.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-21/trump-says-he-ll-suspend-immigration-to-u-s-over-virus-concerns

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Trump had a press conference today. All green cards stopped for 60 days. Executive order will be released tomorrow with specific details.

NOA1: Feb 13 2018

NOA2: Feb 15 2019

NVC Case Number assigned: Apr 3 2019

NVC IV Fees paid: Apr 5 2019

DS-260 filled: Apr 10 2019

IV Docs submitted: Apr 12 2019

IV Docs resubmitted: May 1 2019

Case complete: may 3 2019

Expedite requested: May 15 2019

Expedite approved: May 23 2019

Case sent to Consulate: May 24 2018

Case status Ready: May 28 2019

Interview date: June 20 2019

Interview status: Approved

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline

About Trump's latest announcement :

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/21/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-immigration-ban.html?referringSource=articleShare

And quote from the article:

“Officials said on Tuesday that American citizens seeking to bring their children or spouses to the United States would still be allowed to do so.”

🤞 

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Timeline
4 hours ago, Alix64 said:

About Trump's latest announcement :

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/21/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-immigration-ban.html?referringSource=articleShare

And quote from the article:

“Officials said on Tuesday that American citizens seeking to bring their children or spouses to the United States would still be allowed to do so.”

🤞 

This current uncertainty is driving me crazy as hell. Took almost 2 years to get visa in hand by going through such stressful journey with USCIS , NVC document’s, rfe’s and consulates interview. Now this pandemic :( . Our country is currently in total lockdown since last one month. No airplane in and out✈️ . All are grounded and we are lockdown inside our house. Not sure when it will get reopen here. Meanwhile! in US is going crazy with virus and the law with immigration are changing every 2weeks.  Don’t even want to travel anywhere at this moment. My visa is expiring on Sep 5 so I am Just worried if my CR1 visa expire than what will happen. Not sure whether they will extend or not.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
2 hours ago, lansk said:

This current uncertainty is driving me crazy as hell. Took almost 2 years to get visa in hand by going through such stressful journey with USCIS , NVC document’s, rfe’s and consulates interview. Now this pandemic :( . Our country is currently in total lockdown since last one month. No airplane in and out✈️ . All are grounded and we are lockdown inside our house. Not sure when it will get reopen here. Meanwhile! in US is going crazy with virus and the law with immigration are changing every 2weeks.  Don’t even want to travel anywhere at this moment. My visa is expiring on Sep 5 so I am Just worried if my CR1 visa expire than what will happen. Not sure whether they will extend or not.. 

September is yet to come !! Hopefully things will get settle down by then. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, lansk said:

My visa is expiring on Sep 5 so I am Just worried if my CR1 visa expire than what will happen. Not sure whether they will extend or not.. 

:(

Don't forget that USCIS/NVC are right now pilling up files (eventhough they did not totally stopped working) and that there are going to have a lot more work when the lock down is over. I cannot imagine them adding more work by refusing to extend the validation of visas already issued before the lockdown. What we all experience today is unique, they are going to take that into account. I think.
Don't lose faith.

Take care,

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspending-entry-immigrants-present-risk-u-s-labor-market-economic-recovery-following-covid-19-outbreak/

Alien SPOUSES of US citizens are exempt!

Sec. 2. Scope of Suspension and Limitation on Entry. (b) The suspension and limitation on entry pursuant to section 1 of this proclamation shall not apply to: (iv) any alien who is the spouse of a United States citizen

Edited by KAP2019
adding more detail.

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I have talked about this before but since I never got any answer I am trying one more time 🤪

My husband is in the US and I am in France (apart since January :( ).

I am preparing for the itw at the US Embassy in Paris (I know right now everything is on hold but I still want to be prepared).

I would like to know if all documents have to be absolutely originals or only the ones that are strictly about me (=the applicant).

The reason why I am asking that is that

1) CEAC reminds us on their website that we must bring at the itw all documents uploaded, in their original versions,

2) my husband and I would like to avoid having him to fedex from the US to France important documents that could well vanish between the 2 countries.

It concerns the following docs (that were uploaded on NVC website):

- Form I-864

- He was married before and got divorced, so his divorce certificate

- his federal income tax return and W2

- his letter of Employment

- his birth certificate (knowing how long it takes to get a new one in the US).

If anyone is in the same situation, your help is most welcome.

Thank you,

Have all a good week-end,

Alix

3 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Hello Everyone,

I have talked about this before but since I never got any answer I am trying one more time 🤪

I am preparing for the itw at the US Embassy in Paris (I know right now everything is on hold but I still want to be prepared).

I would like to know if all documents have to be absolutely originals or only the ones that are strictly about me (=the applicant).

1) CEAC reminds us on their website that we must bring at the itw all documents uploaded, in their original versions,

2) my husband and I would like to avoid having him to fedex from the US to France important documents that could well vanish between the 2 countries.

- Form I-864

Thank you,

Alix

It looks like they want original divorce certificate AND a photocopy, "a copy of the petitioner’s Form(s) W-2 from the previous tax year," 

If you previously submitted to NVC an I-864 affidavit of support (AOS):  Bring proof of your petitioner’s legal status in the United States (photocopy of a U.S. passport, birth certificate, naturalization certificate, or legal permanent resident card) and their federal U.S. tax return (Form 1040) from the previous year.

If you previously submitted to NVC an I-864EZ affidavit of support (AOS):  Bring proof of your petitioner’s legal status in the United States (photocopy of a U.S. passport, birth certificate, naturalization certificate, or legal permanent resident card) and a copy of the petitioner’s Form(s) W-2 from the previous tax year.

Looks like the birth certificate (or passport) can be a copy for proof of citizenship of the petitioner, but then above that information it also says, "Your original birth certificate and that of your petitioner if applicable, English translation, and a photocopy."

Sorry this is messy and not that clarifying. Is there a France-specific group that's been through the interview process and can confirm for you? I know it's scary mailing important documents. Will you two not see each other again before the interview?

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

Timeline
1 hour ago, KAP2019 said:

Sorry this is messy and not that clarifying. Is there a France-specific group that's been through the interview process and can confirm for you? I know it's scary mailing important documents. Will you two not see each other again before the interview?

Thank you Kap,

What a mess yes, but your message is helping a bit.

No I don't think we will see each other before the itw because travelling between the US and France is not a good idea righ now. But we will see.

:)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Hello Everyone,

- Form I-864

Thank you,

Alix

Hello Alix. 

Mine was just the form I-864 Because it was to be in wet signature Specifically stated by my attorney every other thing were just a copy. Majority of the original documents are to be from the beneficiary cos you'll be the one going for the interview. Though all embassies And cases are not same. I remember when I went for my interview Nigeria to be precise I was never ask of any original documents from my petitioner cos everything is already in the system and NVC has already gone through them and Documentarily accepted before your case was sent to the embassy. So like I said all cases are treated differently. To be on a safer side just tell your petitioner to use UPS Or USPS to mail the documents to you. I used USPS and I got it within 15working days cos we didn't expedite.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, juliusbliss said:

Mine was just the form I-864 Because it was to be in wet signature Specifically stated by my attorney every other thing were just a copy

We don't have a copy of I-864 with wet signatures from both my husband and our attorney (they had him sign it and email it to them and then they printed that and signed it). Will this be an issue for the interview? I have the copy that my husband signed so I could potentially mail it to them to sign but then it wouldn't be what was accepted by NVC

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, DGF said:

We don't have a copy of I-864 with wet signatures from both my husband and our attorney (they had him sign it and email it to them and then they printed that and signed it). Will this be an issue for the interview? I have the copy that my husband signed so I could potentially mail it to them to sign but then it wouldn't be what was accepted by NVC

You mean you only submit the AOS with just your petitioner signature?  The Form(I-864) Should have the petitioner signature and the attorney signature(preparer) bcos in the form there is a part that ask preparer that's where the attorney information is requested so therefore his signature should be there also and that's what you should take to the interview cos you can't  predict the consular that's going to be interviewing u. To be clarified talk to your attorney about this.

But for the beneficiary oh yes you are to go with all your original documents. This was the instruction sent to me when my case was transferred to the Nigeria embassy. 

Please Note: You must bring the exact original of any scanned document you upload to CEAC that NVC accepts to your immigrant visa interview. Failure to bring the exact original you uploaded to CEAC may delay the processing of your case.

Timeline
20 hours ago, DGF said:

Good point. We are almost in the same case.

I think it is a very common case for couples we are filing with a lawyer. Hard to get both ink signatures.

The most important is the spouse signature, the lawyer, from NVC's point of view, doesn't really matter at all. So go with the one version that has your wife/husband ink signature.

Take care,

Alix

Edited by Alix64

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.