Greenbaum

APRIL 2020 I-129F (K-1) Filers

459 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, as1996 said:

That's the exact link that I used to get to where I was originally and it still only shows the k3/k4 visa processing times. Is there something I'm missing? It's showing the same thing that can be seen in the screenshot I posted.

If you filed for k1 then you filed with form i-129f  and your field office should be california then you get the results you seek.

see highlighted part in the image below 

Captujre.JPG

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

5 minutes ago, as1996 said:

That's the exact link that I used to get to where I was originally, and it still only shows the k3/k4 visa processing times. Is there something I'm missing? It's showing the same thing that can be seen in the screenshot I posted.

You need to select I-129f, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) and California for your service center. Then it will give you both K-1 results as well as K2-3 results.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
Just now, Greenbaum said:

You need to select I-129f, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) and California for your service center. Then it will give you both K-1 results as well as K2-3 results.

Okay that kind of clears things up for me. I was selecting Texas service center since that's where I understood that I was to ship my application to. But will the fact that I shipped to Texas and not California be an issue? I mean after all, I did receive a NOA so I assume it isn't a problem. But I could be wrong.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

If you filed for k1 then you filed with form i-129f  and your field office should be california then you get the results you seek.

see highlighted part in the image below 

Captujre.JPG

This sort of clears things up for me. Thank you! I was selecting Texas which is where I submitted my application to.

1 minute ago, as1996 said:

Okay that kind of clears things up for me. I was selecting Texas service center since that's where I understood that I was to ship my application to. But will the fact that I shipped to Texas and not California be an issue? I mean after all, I did receive a NOA so I assume it isn't a problem. But I could be wrong.

Every I-129f, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) is submitted to TX and then TX sends it to CA once it has been entered into their system. You're good to go as is.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, as1996 said:

That's the exact link that I used to get to where I was originally and it still only shows the k3/k4 visa processing times. Is there something I'm missing? It's showing the same thing that can be seen in the screenshot I posted.

You Should select the form I-129f in the select box of form type !! 
The k1/k2 processing time is the same with the k3/k4 in that link! (as you see in the screen shot I took ). That time is just for case inquiry and is not the exact time for getting approval! 
By the way, we are also April filer and are still waiting. 
Good luck! 

A3AA6DB7-D941-4CBB-BA3D-327BFDC21762.png

Edited by Armika

3 hours ago, as1996 said:

This sort of clears things up for me. Thank you! I was selecting Texas which is where I submitted my application to.

:time:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

14 hours ago, as1996 said:

How do I do that?

You did a fantastic job creating your timeline. I will suggest the following changes:

Service Center : Texas Service Center California Service Center
Transferred?  

The reason for the change is that California is a service center and Texas is a "lockbox" location for processing the input of your application into the system. California adjudicates the case. If you were to have an issue that needs to be resolved by another service center, then "Transferred?" would be used with the new location. Some go onto Vermont for further adjudication but those are by far not the norm. So, leave transferred blank. 

Now add your I-129f, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) "SENT DATE". And once you have the hardcopy you can enter in the NOA1 date. The NOA1 date is the "notice date" printed on the hardcopy. Located from this example:

noa-date.jpg

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

NOA date on April 11. I'm currently blessed to be with my fiancé and we are having a wedding ceremony here at the end of the month.

Hopefully NOA2s start rolling out at some point. Seems like March is mostly untouched at this point. Prayers for everyone waiting in these times.

15 hours ago, kostyaby said:

NOA date on April 11. I'm currently blessed to be with my fiancé and we are having a wedding ceremony here at the end of the month.

Hopefully NOA2s start rolling out at some point. Seems like March is mostly untouched at this point. Prayers for everyone waiting in these times.

Once you are married then the K-1 is dead. You'll have to file a CR-1. New paperwork, more fees and waiting longer than your K-1. There are many threads detailing the process and what are the pros and cons to each. Be sure you are knowledgeable to the consequences of your actions. Just saying. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

So, I've decided to pulled our petition. I won't go into details because it's personal.

But I will say that him and I are no longer together. 

I will update you all about what all was required to do this. I figured since there weren't much information about this process, I will report back. 

I will continue to hang around and cheer you all on but...I'm no longer on the VJ myself. 

Good luck to you all and hope you will start hearing good news soon. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, EmpressDee said:

So, I've decided to pulled our petition. I won't go into details because it's personal.

But I will say that him and I are no longer together. 

So sorry to hear that. I wish you luck in the future and hope that you find lasting happiness.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Is my NOA1 date the *received date* on my I-797C or the *notice date*? I know it probably doesn’t matter- I’m just wondering. 

NOA1- March 27th

💕

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.