Greenbaum

APRIL 2020 I-129F (K-1) Filers

459 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Deehotstepper said:

Hi My Fellow April family,

The day has come for my fiance and I. I was just notified by my tracking app that my case has been approved as of yesterday. I checked on USCIS website and it's confirmed as Approved. I sent in the application on April 6th. If you may remember I received an rfe earlier this month on Sept 3rd and mailed the response the next day which USCIS recieved on Sept 9th. So it took 20 days from rfe to approval. 

Please continue to keep the faith and hope, find distractions as that was helpful in taking my mind of the wait. To be honest, today was the first time I checked my case online to see the progress and saw the approval. I have not told my fiance yet, with the time difference it's still too early to call her. I am beyond excited but focused on the next steps as the journey continue but atleast this is one checkpoint crossed of the many to come.

Yours will arrive as well. Keep the hope alive, if you are religious and prayful like I am, ask for God's will to be done with your case and put in his hands. God bless and i am praying for you all and wishing you success on this journey.

Wow. Congratulations!!!!! 

7 hours ago, Deehotstepper said:

Hi, My Fellow April family,

The day has come for my fiancé and I. I was just notified by my tracking app that my case has been approved as of yesterday. I checked on USCIS website and it's confirmed as Approved. I sent in the application on April 6th. If you may remember I received a RFE earlier this month on Sept 3rd and mailed the response the next day which USCIS received on Sept 9th. So, it took 20 days from RFE to approval. 

Please continue to keep the faith and hope, find distractions as that was helpful in taking my mind of the wait. To be honest, today was the first time I checked my case online to see the progress and saw the approval. I have not told my fiancé yet, with the time difference it's still too early to call her. I am beyond excited but focused on the next steps as the journey continue but at least this is one checkpoint crossed of the many to come.

Yours will arrive as well. Keep the hope alive, if you are religious and prayerful like I am, ask for God's will to be done with your case and put in his hands. God bless and i am praying for you all and wishing you success on this journey.

Congratulations. 

Join us in the SEPTEMBER 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY thread and download the PDF file on the first post of the first page for tips, tricks and hacks to follow your case to the embassy. I'll post both links below:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/746671-september-2020-k-1-noa2-to-nvc-to-embassy/

PDF with tips, tricks, and hacks. BTW this PDF is updated from time to time so you might check back to ensure you have the latest information.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On 9/4/2020 at 4:05 AM, Deehotstepper said:

Hello April 2020 fliers,

I want to spread an update to give hope to everyone. Uscis received date is April 6th. I received an rfe from uscis today asking for evidence of meeting my fiancé in the last two years which I did submit in the original file I sent but it might have gotten lost in their file systems. To me, this is one of the easiest rfe you can receive Because I have the flight receipts, hotel receipts, pictures with dates, passport stamps so I will respond back and I hope to have the approval in less than 60 days after it is received.
remain hopeful my friends, you will receive great news of your own soon.

Amazing news!! Did you do an expedited application?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, Mrs Gray (to be) said:

Amazing news!! Did you do an expedited application?

No, no expedition or calls or emails. I only mailed in my application on April 6th and didn't do anything else until I got the rfe on September 4th. Then I responded and got approved September 29th.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
On 9/3/2020 at 9:05 PM, Deehotstepper said:

Hello April 2020 fliers,

I want to spread an update to give hope to everyone. Uscis received date is April 6th. I received an rfe from uscis today asking for evidence of meeting my fiancé in the last two years which I did submit in the original file I sent but it might have gotten lost in their file systems. To me, this is one of the easiest rfe you can receive Because I have the flight receipts, hotel receipts, pictures with dates, passport stamps so I will respond back and I hope to have the approval in less than 60 days after it is received.
remain hopeful my friends, you will receive great news of your own soon.

Congrats!!

Edited by DeysiT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Congrats! I am jealous! Our NOA1 was 6 April, 2020. I haven't received a RFE and also California Service Center. Still waiting. Hopefully we receive good news soon!

On 10/5/2020 at 3:15 PM, kjmdrumz3 said:

Congrats! I am jealous! Our NOA1 was 6 April 2020. I haven't received a RFE and also California Service Center. Still waiting. Hopefully, we receive good news soon!

March is beginning to roll out at a great speed then in past weeks. April will soon follow. 

We need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Timeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RTx4pIFfcIXyW15L-nyLuBGzwqYRx5lI/view?usp=sharing

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello, I am from Venezuela. My fiancé and I are on the early stages of K1 process (we filed on March 24, and are  still waiting for NOA2), due to the tense situation in my country we had to meet in a neutral country, so we don't have pictures with our families and friends (not in person at least, only via videocall) will that be an issue when the time for the interview comes? 

6 hours ago, GabiD said:

Hello, I am from Venezuela. My fiancé and I are on the early stages of K1 process (we filed on March 24, and are  still waiting for NOA2), due to the tense situation in my country we had to meet in a neutral country, so we don't have pictures with our families and friends (not in person at least, only via videocall) will that be an issue when the time for the interview comes? 

No, it won't be an issue. Your explanation for your meetings outside the country should suffice the CO and that it would have been a hinderance if he were to visit your country to meet your family. I am sure you can express the fact that he has spoken/met them in skype, facetime or some other video sessions that you have had together. I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, photos are secondary evidence and most times not asked for.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

No, it won't be an issue. Your explanation for your meetings outside the country should suffice the CO and that it would have been a hinderance if he were to visit your country to meet your family. I am sure you can express the fact that he has spoken/met them in skype, facetime or some other video sessions that you have had together. I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, photos are secondary evidence and most times not asked for.

Thank you very much! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Just found this thread. April 13th, 2020 NOA1 here. Hoping to be approved next month but will be happy if it happens before the New Year at this point. We are in this together! 💞

mieux vaut tard que jamais 

13 hours ago, aphr0dite said:

Just found this thread. April 13th, 2020 NOA1 here. Hoping to be approved next month but will be happy if it happens before the New Year at this point. We are in this together! 💞

Welcome to the thread. Participate where you feel comfortable. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone. 
I am 14 days from my receipt date . So close but so far. 
I can’t wait until this chat string start being overly active with approvals. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ms. Clarke said:

Hello everyone. 
I am 14 days from my receipt date . So close but so far. 
I can’t wait until this chat string start being overly active with approvals. 

I'm glad that we're not alone. I have 19 days so we're also really close and thought I'd get an approval by now but I guess it's pretty normal to not hear anything until so close to the receipt date. It's hard to not check the processing time every day knowing that it'll only move up a day, but the wait will hopefully be worth it for us all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 10/14/2020 at 2:41 PM, aphr0dite said:

My NOA1 is also April 13th! I hope we get really good news within a month :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.