949 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

My dear VJ family , 

it’s with a lot of pleasure that I announce I have been APPROVED !!!!!!!!!🎉🎉🎉🎉

visa  interview this morning in Paris embassy 🙂

Everything  went smooth 

a lot of questions , and they let  my husband come in as he is usc and asked him questions . 

No  questions about DS540 but officer told that it can happen at the POE and to bring proof  of health insurance during the travel just in case if the officer at the POE ask for it . 

finally , it happened !!

WOW! congratulations!!! 🎉

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jellyfishn said:

I just found out about this new DS-5540 thing and went back to look at my submission date for DS-260... turns out it was submitted February 24th to the day.

We just finished submitting all other documents a few days ago. I still don’t know much about the DS-5540, but am I correct in thinking it would be best to just add the document online now even though that would push us back a few days of wait time?

I have read that a lot of people that submitted before Feb. 24th are just hoping they get DQ’d without the online DS-5540 and will bring a filled out DS-5540 to the interview. But in my case, is there really not a chance to get DQ’d without the online DS-5540? I really do not want an RFE

If I were in your shoes, and had just submitted everything only a few days ago, I would upload the DS-5540 now. Losing a few days in queue to avoid a possible RFE for it later is much better in terms of time!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

My dear VJ family , 

it’s with a lot of pleasure that I announce I have been APPROVED !!!!!!!!!🎉🎉🎉🎉

visa  interview this morning in Paris embassy 🙂

Everything  went smooth 

a lot of questions , and they let  my husband come in as he is usc and asked him questions . 

No  questions about DS540 but officer told that it can happen at the POE and to bring proof  of health insurance during the travel just in case if the officer at the POE ask for it . 

finally , it happened !!

Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊🍾 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, YasArr said:

What can be the proof of health insurance?

I had my employer wrote a letter stating that my husband will be qualified and eligible to enroll into my employer supplied health insurance once he arrives in the US.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Question : I had my interview this morning and from “ready” I am now in “administrative processing” but the consular officer told me that I was approved .. 

is it normal ? 

first of all congrats! and yes I've read many people that get approved see the status from ready to AP to ready then approved, so you you shouldn't worry about it too much. 

15 hours ago, pincushion said:

Congrats! 💕 Which country? Mine is December 31st too but haven't heard anything yet

Thank you! 
Bosnia

im sure you’ll hear from them soon 🥰🥰

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
4 minutes ago, vitalina said:

Did you figure out what does it mean?  Is it normal? 

No , I don’t know .. from happiness to doubt .. as usual in this process .. to the end 

15 hours ago, Halley said:

Congradulations!  I submitted my documents on Dec. 27, haven't heard back from NVC yet.   The whole process is so frustrating. It is almost 7 months since the case arrived at NVC

Yes i know.. waiting is the worst, sometimes i felt like im losing my mind.. constantly checking ceac and email.. now again waiting for the interview to be scheduled hope that doesnt take too long.. 

good luck to you, hope you hear from them soon

Edited by NellyIsaac

6 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

No , I don’t know .. from happiness to doubt .. as usual in this process .. to the end 

I understand you my dear!  We have the same situation. Today in the morning they said APPROVED,  and now I have no idea what to think!  I called embassy, they can't say nothing, just "wait"... I read on some site, that if they really want to do administrative processing they would say that on the interview, most of the time this status means that they printing visas. Let's hope for the best! 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, vitalina said:

I understand you my dear!  We have the same situation. Today in the morning they said APPROVED,  and now I have no idea what to think!  I called embassy, they can't say nothing, just "wait"... I read on some site, that if they really want to do administrative processing they would say that on the interview, most of the time this status means that they printing visas. Let's hope for the best! 

So , first , congratulations for your approval !

thats what I think too . If there was a problem they will tell us at the interview . The officer told us that everything was ok and that my passport will arrive within 1 to 2 weeks . 
so I hope they are just scanning my papeworks because they are sending back then and that they are printing my visa 🙂

mas you said , let’s hope for the best !! 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, NM2001 said:

first of all congrats! and yes I've read many people that get approved see the status from ready to AP to ready then approved, so you you shouldn't worry about it too much. 

Thank you very much !!! 
 I hope to see my status changes to “issued” before the end of the week 🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.