Spheres

Meeting Filipina - Need Help!

110 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, boris64 said:

I knew my wife was a keeper when her family built a new CR for MY first visit))))

Nice! My wife's family let me use their car whenever I wanted. Even the day they met me, I always thought that was cool. Never asked for anything other than physical labor a few times. Normal son-in-law stuff. I hear the horror stories, I always wonder how a guy can get tricked. I think the guys getting tricked have very little experience with women in general, or they're thinking with the wrong brain. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, boris64 said:

I knew my wife was a keeper when her family built a new CR for MY first visit))))

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a CR?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Girandola said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a CR?

comfort room - their name for a bathroom

6 hours ago, boris64 said:

You got the complete work over)))

I just look at it as a lesson learned. Be more cautious but don't give up, weed out the bad ones, and find your true love.

4 hours ago, Fogi said:

Nice! My wife's family let me use their car whenever I wanted. Even the day they met me, I always thought that was cool. Never asked for anything other than physical labor a few times. Normal son-in-law stuff. I hear the horror stories, I always wonder how a guy can get tricked. I think the guys getting tricked have very little experience with women in general, or they're thinking with the wrong brain. 

I believe anyone with a good heart can get tricked when you want to believe the best in people.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 2/17/2020 at 7:17 PM, Spheres said:

I didn't mean I didn't find anything -- I meant I couldn't find a lot of specific criteria that must be met.  The only thing it says on the I-864 form is the table below (truncated for readability).  And that seems like an extremely low bar for income eligibility?  Or am I missing something?

more interesting info on "public charge" 

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/public-charge

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

2 hours ago, dnavinnie said:

I believe anyone with a good heart can get tricked when you want to believe the best in people.

You made me think of Ronald Reagan, "Trust, but verify."

Finally done.

On 2/19/2020 at 8:22 PM, boris64 said:

...and don't build anybody any houses or piggeries on those two trips)

I waited until the 21st trip to buy MIL a house and fix it up 😂

On 2/20/2020 at 8:19 PM, Fogi said:

hahaha

Don't buy any fridges or ACs also. I seem to see that one a a lot. 

Oh damn, screwed up there too.  Bought AC the second trip.....but for me as it was too damn hot to sleep 😂

Damn, I didn't realize that this kind of expenditure is common.

When I first met my wife, she was a working student. While I paid for majority of our expenses during my visits, she paid for a good chunk as well. Neither her or her family ever asked for anything, most especially money. I'd offer but was always refused, even for gifts and such. Her mom did ask if I had pasalobong but I had no idea what that was (first visit)!

Timeline
On 2/21/2020 at 2:18 PM, dnavinnie said:

Some people have very little experience with people, which leads them to believing the best in people. You can have a good heart and be skeptical. 

Timeline
On 2/17/2020 at 12:46 PM, sl1pstream said:

I feel like the fact that you're not even sure if it's a scam or not means that you're not really ready to jump into the whole marriage thing, especially considering that if it does turn out to be a scam, you'll be financially responsible for this person for the next 10 years, even if she leaves you after she gets her visa. 

So what exactly do you mean, "you'll be financially responsible for this person for the next 10 years, even if she leaves you after she gets her visa?"  You dont mean, we as sponsors are responsible even in divorce?  Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
Just now, Milmauka said:

So what exactly do you mean, "you'll be financially responsible for this person for the next 10 years, even if she leaves you after she gets her visa?"  You dont mean, we as sponsors are responsible even in divorce?  Thanks

Pretty sure that you are, at least until they become citizens or work a certain amount of time.

But yeah, that's what I meant.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.