Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Tan&Ni said:

We got married but have not applied for his SSN yet. May I ask why this is recommended? I have read in different places it is best to wait for 2 after entering the USA to apply? 🥴

Well you are married  now, you should have applied before you got married. You could have applied in your maiden name.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Tan&Ni said:

We got married but have not applied for his SSN yet. May I ask why this is recommended? I have read in different places it is best to wait for 2 after entering the USA to apply? 🥴

To wait two weeks is outdated information. It was recommended to make sure that your entry information was updated between CBP and Homeland so that they can confirm this information when SSA is asking for it. Nowadays everything works automatic and updates instantly so there's no need to wait anymore.

23 minutes ago, Tan&Ni said:

to be honest now your married you probably can both go to the SSN Office and have him apply for his SSN and if youre changing your maiden name can get that done at the same time.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, skjourney said:

to be honest now your married you probably can both go to the SSN Office and have him apply for his SSN and if youre changing your maiden name can get that done at the same time.

Applying in the married name will end up in probably not getting a SSN because Homeland has nothing to match the information with. That's why you should do it before getting married.   

Edit: the name thing is obviously mostly a problem for females, not so often for males

Edited by Letspaintcookies

2 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Applying in the married name will end up in probably not getting a SSN because Homeland has nothing to match the information with. That's why you should do it before getting married.   

but i think in this case its the K1 husband applying for a brand new SSN so wont be affected by any name change (at least most of the time)

Timeline
1 minute ago, skjourney said:

but i think in this case its the K1 husband applying for a brand new SSN so wont be affected by any name change (at least most of the time)

Yea I just edited my post after I noticed that 😊 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Cinder4luv said:

Update on my case check was cash today 01/10/2020, wish you luck

That's cool. 

Edited by Letspaintcookies

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Donald120383 said:

which lockbox ?

All marriage-based AOS goes to the Chicago lockbox.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.