dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2020

782 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
10 hours ago, Aloevera said:

Hello everyone!
I got the interview appointment letter yesterday . When I called the doctors accredited by the us embassy in casablanca morocco for a medical examination appointment , I couldn't find an available appointment date before the interview date at the embassy for the medical examination . I think I have to reschedule the interview date. Did someone experienced the same situation? Can someone please tell me how to reschedule the interview date ?
I am from morocco and the type of visa is CR1 visa.

Thanks

They are 3 or 4 doctors in Casablanca you should call them all and explain your situation I'm sure one of them will take in.

Besides it's Morocco everything possible. 

Allah issawb lik 😊

13 hours ago, Aloevera said:

Hello everyone!
I got the interview appointment letter yesterday . When I called the doctors accredited by the us embassy in casablanca morocco for a medical examination appointment , I couldn't find an available appointment date before the interview date at the embassy for the medical examination . I think I have to reschedule the interview date. Did someone experienced the same situation? Can someone please tell me how to reschedule the interview date ?
I am from morocco and the type of visa is CR1 visa.

Thanks

The advice from the embassies is to keep your visa interview appointment date. They just won't be able to approve your visa until the receive the medical report. Just explain as much at the interview. 

12 hours ago, Piet&Dani said:

Hi guys, 

ive been following you all for awhile and really appreciate all your insights but I really need a bit of guidance- and a bottle of wine! 

I’m uploading all my documents for AOS  and then had a total panic attack! I have been using the app called adobe scan, it’s been working really well, but I noticed after I uploaded quite a lot that the flies could be written on via a tool called “add notes” when you opened the PDF. Nothing crazy (more like a markings with color markers). You can not edit any of the writing on the documents but you can “draw” on them. My concern is will they be rejected because they are somewhat editable? Or do you think they will be ok because the actual words can not be changed? 

Alternatively does anyone have a solution of a better way to scan and upload without having an actual scanner? 

Uploaded all my documents using Adobe scan and they were all accepted. It's when the form itself is editable (as opposed to the document) that NVC reject the submission. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Anyone tried calling NVC today? I tried just now and it says they're closed. I know February 17th is a Federal Holiday but why would they close today?

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

• Jan 19 2019: Sent I130 package
  • Jan 22 2019: Delivered
  • Feb 3 2019: I130 NOA1 (Priority Date: Jan 22, 2019)
  • Assigned to Nebraska Service Center ( 😶)
  • Sep 16 2019: I129f NOA1 PD
  • Oct 26 2019: I130 NOA2 (Notice date: Oct 21 2019)
  • Nov 04 2019: Sent to NVC

NVC Stage:

• Nov 7: Received by NVC 
  • Dec 7: NVC sent email containing CEAC login details (Case Number)
  • Dec 7: AOS and IV bill payed
  • Dec 10: NVC withdrew money from Account
  • Dec 12: AOS and IV bills show paid on CEAC
  • Dec 16: AOS and IV documents submitted to NVC
  • Waiting

12 minutes ago, Mr and Mrs S said:

Anyone tried calling NVC today? I tried just now and it says they're closed. I know February 17th is a Federal Holiday but why would they close today?

Yes! Same thing here. I dont see why they would be closed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Mr and Mrs S said:

It might be due to weather? It's snowey and icy here in upstate NY today, NH is usually on a similar weather system 💁‍♀️

Timeline
49 minutes ago, NellyIsaac said:

47 minutes ago, Jmeleecur said:

It might be due to weather? It's snowey and icy here in upstate NY today, NH is usually on a similar weather system 💁‍♀️

image.png.b63d6bf91810819f0cb46ea8b5f73ef0.png

They might open after 12 unless the advisory is extended.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/portsmouth/03801/weather-warnings/334460

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Waiting

Timeline
4 hours ago, NellyIsaac said:

4 hours ago, Jmeleecur said:

They're back up it seems. Did not get to talk to anyone as I hung up after 30 minutes.

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Waiting

Timeline
7 minutes ago, msantanna said:

Hey guys, I just got DQed! I submitted on December 18th, so it took a little under two months.

I'm very happy about it but also a little nervous. It's weird finally getting something when you've been long waiting for it.

Congratulations!

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Waiting

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, Lababyphat said:

Yayy !! Got DQ YESTERDAY FEBRUARY 12 2020  

First documents submission 11/11/2019

resubmission 12/13/2019 

how long it takes to get an IL ?? 

Congratulations !!

IL depends on the availabilities of the embassy you gonna have your interview.

i see that you are from Dominican Republic 

here Is the link with the consulate information 

https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Dominican Republic&cty=Santo Domingo

Edited by Mr & Mrs T

Strange, I got a hold of someone at NVC within 10 minutes. Usually for me it's an 1 hour wait. 

They said they are working on Jan 15 cases. They received my case on 02/06 and that's all the info they have. 

In my case, I just need to call back in 1-2 weeks to get a case # right? If I file through a lawyer, do you guys know if NVC can provide me with the case # info or only through the lawyer? 

Edited by rkshokz

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
5 minutes ago, rkshokz said:

Strange, I got a hold of someone at NVC within 10 minutes. Usually for me it's an 1 hour wait. 

They said they are working on Jan 15 cases. They received my case on 02/06 and that's all the info they have. 

In my case, I just need to call back in 1-2 weeks to get a case # right? If I file through a lawyer, do you guys know if NVC can provide me with the case # info or only through the lawyer? 

Hello rkshokz,

You should get an email within 2 weeks with your case number. If it takes longer than a month, then yes, you should call them.

You and your lawyer will get the same thing all the time.

Let us know if any progress.

Take care, :)

Alix

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.