Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Still waiting for bio app after initial one was cancelled as it was a day after all offices closed due to covid. EAD/AP approved 7/7..notices in mail recieved..no card or bio app rescheduled to date! Guess I'll keep watching the mail box indefinitely like a hawk ....not like I can do much else 😂

6 hours ago, MIBogdan said:

Guys you can get EAD/AP approved without biometrics, there are thousands of people in this situation. You will not get the card though without biometrics (there very few exceptions, mostly non-NBC applicants). That is my situation too.

The role of RFE is questionable. From what I see, medical RFEs tend to trigger EAD/AP approvals but I would not state that as a rule

So you can get approved without biometrics but must have biometrics to get the card? What does this mean for the court ruling in the class action that they must produce cards 7 days after approval? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Tensheets said:

So you can get approved without biometrics but must have biometrics to get the card? What does this mean for the court ruling in the class action that they must produce cards 7 days after approval? 

Welcome to the strange purgatory most of us have been in ...

8 hours ago, MIBogdan said:

Guys you can get EAD/AP approved without biometrics, there are thousands of people in this situation. You will not get the card though without biometrics (there very few exceptions, mostly non-NBC applicants). That is my situation too.

The role of RFE is questionable. From what I see, medical RFEs tend to trigger EAD/AP approvals but I would not state that as a rule

its seem like that is only an issue with K1 filers. 

duh

11 hours ago, NKDL said:

Still waiting for bio app after initial one was cancelled as it was a day after all offices closed due to covid. EAD/AP approved 7/7..notices in mail recieved..no card or bio app rescheduled to date! Guess I'll keep watching the mail box indefinitely like a hawk ....not like I can do much else 😂

Did you get a Social Security Number in the mail?

11 hours ago, fromsweden said:

Welcome to the strange purgatory most of us have been in ...

In case you missed my earlier post this week, I have managed to get a biometrics appointment scheduled for Aug 10th. I received the letter in Aug 3rd and it was scheduled July 28th (1 day after my ASC opened, 13days after approval).

Gives some evidence towards this being a waiting game, I'm hoping other "pre-approvals" get letters soon also.

• 2020-02-14: Date Filed
  • 2020-02-19: NOA1
  • 2020-03-13: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to conflict)
  • 2020-04-01: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to COVID)
  • 2020-07-15: EAD approved (no biometrics taken)
  • 2020-08-10: Biometrics Appointment (Success)
  • 2020-08-20: EAD in hand
  • 2020-09-21: AOS Interview Scheduled
  • 2020-11-05: AOS Interview + Approval

Hi all, I've been a silent reader of this thread as I was supposed to apply on Feb. For those who have been approved for EAD but have yet to receive their cards, you may want to refer to the link below for full details:

https://www.balglobal.com/bal-news/us-court-orders-uscis-to-print-employment-authorization-documents/

"Key points:

The temporary order requires USCIS to print EADs within seven days for applicants whose EAD applications have been approved but who have not received their cards.

The court said that even though USCIS is not bound by a specific timeline for printing EADs, the agency does not have “unfettered discretion to issue EADs at any time they wish.”

The order is in effect until the court’s hearing on whether to issue a preliminary injunction on Monday, Aug. 10.

Background: The lawsuit was brought by several applicants who have waited months without receiving their EAD cards following approval of their applications, alleging they will lose their jobs and health insurance, and be unable to find work or support their families without proof of employment authorization. The USCIS Ombudsman recently acknowledged delays in printing EADs, as well as green cards, because USCIS ended a contract with the company that printed them."

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Celebi said:

Hi all, I've been a silent reader of this thread as I was supposed to apply on Feb. For those who have been approved for EAD but have yet to receive their cards, you may want to refer to the link below for full details:

https://www.balglobal.com/bal-news/us-court-orders-uscis-to-print-employment-authorization-documents/

"Key points:

The temporary order requires USCIS to print EADs within seven days for applicants whose EAD applications have been approved but who have not received their cards.

The court said that even though USCIS is not bound by a specific timeline for printing EADs, the agency does not have “unfettered discretion to issue EADs at any time they wish.”

The order is in effect until the court’s hearing on whether to issue a preliminary injunction on Monday, Aug. 10.

Background: The lawsuit was brought by several applicants who have waited months without receiving their EAD cards following approval of their applications, alleging they will lose their jobs and health insurance, and be unable to find work or support their families without proof of employment authorization. The USCIS Ombudsman recently acknowledged delays in printing EADs, as well as green cards, because USCIS ended a contract with the company that printed them."

This is great but my next question is what are the next steps moving forward? How should we hold them accountable for following through with this TO?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Celebi said:

"Key points:

Thanks for sharing. Do you know if this also applies to people with approved EAD but still waiting on biometrics?

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Amaterasu said:

In case you missed my earlier post this week, I have managed to get a biometrics appointment scheduled for Aug 10th. I received the letter in Aug 3rd and it was scheduled July 28th (1 day after my ASC opened, 13days after approval).

Gives some evidence towards this being a waiting game, I'm hoping other "pre-approvals" get letters soon also.

Yeah unfortunately we haven't received any reschedule despite

1) our priority date being 2/18

2) our original biometrics date being 3/18 (first day of shutdown)

3) our application being approved July 16

4) our ASC being open and taking biometrics for applicants from April and May

7 minutes ago, Celebi said:

"Key points:

Unfortunately, it's kind of unclear if those without biometrics are truly a part of the class. All of the plantiffs involved had biometrics, just hadn't had cards printed (yet). The only kind of close thing is https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ohsd.243394/gov.uscourts.ohsd.243394.35.2.pdf which shows someone who was granted "special dispensation" to get biometrics asap. I want to know how I can get that too!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
4 hours ago, bodgie19 said:

Did you get a Social Security Number in the mail?

I already had one as I applied for it about a week after i arrived in December.

Edited by NKDL

12 minutes ago, fromsweden said:

Yeah unfortunately we haven't received any reschedule despite

1) our priority date being 2/18

2) our original biometrics date being 3/18 (first day of shutdown)

3) our application being approved July 16

4) our ASC being open and taking biometrics for applicants from April and May

Unfortunately, it's kind of unclear if those without biometrics are truly a part of the class. All of the plantiffs involved had biometrics, just hadn't had cards printed (yet). The only kind of close thing is https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ohsd.243394/gov.uscourts.ohsd.243394.35.2.pdf which shows someone who was granted "special dispensation" to get biometrics asap. I want to know how I can get that too!

You can try asking Greg Siskind on social media - may be he will be able to clarify. He is a very prominent immigration lawyer in US, and he was involved with this class action. BTW USCIS can appeal this on August 10 and there's a widespread expectation that they will do it on "security grounds" i.e. claiming lack of biometrics as the delay factor

Timeline
8 minutes ago, MIBogdan said:

You can try asking Greg Siskind on social media - may be he will be able to clarify. He is a very prominent immigration lawyer in US, and he was involved with this class action. BTW USCIS can appeal this on August 10 and there's a widespread expectation that they will do it on "security grounds" i.e. claiming lack of biometrics as the delay factor

I've tried before, he didn't respond. They want biometrics-- fine-- but they have no exclude for not scheduling biometrics for those with PD dates in february and biometrics original scheduled in March.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.