Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi, wanted to share with you guys.

I just spoke to a uscis rep on the phone asking when my ead card will be mailed to me and if biometrics were necessary for the ead card to be mailed. Rep said that biometrics are not a requirement for the ead card to be mailed out and that I should receive it within 60 days of approval. We will see about that I guess, don’t really believe it’s going to happen. 
I also asked if they knew if my bio appointment was rescheduled yet at the Milwaukee office. Rep said Uscis requested a new bio appointment but Milwaukee opened 07/27 and it’ll take up to 90 days to get the new appointment letter. anyone else here have Milwaukee ASC? 
Also, my PD is 02/18 and I was supposed to have biometrics on 04/02. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

How can so many agents be so misinformed. If it was the case that we didn't need biometrics our cards would be ordered and probably produced by now. Does anyone use their brains? 

image.png.b992fb3c0a30ae5b8a94b1bace937306.png

Edited by fromsweden

25 minutes ago, ennabaer said:

Hi, wanted to share with you guys.

I just spoke to a uscis rep on the phone asking when my ead card will be mailed to me and if biometrics were necessary for the ead card to be mailed. Rep said that biometrics are not a requirement for the ead card to be mailed out and that I should receive it within 60 days of approval. We will see about that I guess, don’t really believe it’s going to happen. 
I also asked if they knew if my bio appointment was rescheduled yet at the Milwaukee office. Rep said Uscis requested a new bio appointment but Milwaukee opened 07/27 and it’ll take up to 90 days to get the new appointment letter. anyone else here have Milwaukee ASC? 
Also, my PD is 02/18 and I was supposed to have biometrics on 04/02. 

I got my bio appointment from Milwaukee ASC. I was scheduled on July 28 for August 12.

53 minutes ago, fromsweden said:

Next steps are to wait to hear from him, talk to a tier 2 again and demand a biometrics appointment as May filers are now getting them, and just straight up going to the ASC and begging for an appointment.

It’s just crazy how some (or most?) February filers haven’t even received a biometrics appointment yet and some April filers are already approved for EAD...

Timeline
1 minute ago, chxakx said:

It’s just crazy how some (or most?) February filers haven’t even received a biometrics appointment yet and some April filers are already approved for EAD...

If by crazy you mean absolutely infuriating, then yes it's crazy

2 hours ago, James120383 said:

i have heard a different story from the rep; if you dont have Biometrics 30 days from aSC appointment, they can schedule it. its not 90 days . can others confirm if you get the same message from reps at USCIS 

I was also told 30 days, but that was last week. There have now been a few accounts on this thread and at least one that I saw on Reddit who were being told (as of today) that it is now 90 days.

I don't have any new information, just summarizing what I'm seeing here. Could it be that something changed at the start of this week that now made them start saying 90 days rather than 30?

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

1 minute ago, fromsweden said:

If by crazy you mean absolutely infuriating, then yes it's crazy

I always rant to my husband about how unfair and illogical it is lol. It’s mentally exhausting that sometimes I just ignore it, and then I go to this Facebook group, then I’m back to being frustrated lol. Like I said before, I understand that every case is different and it differs how every state does it but how can someone who filed (almost) six months ago doesn’t even have updates, especially those who are just waiting to be rescheduled, but some June filers even received their biometrics appointment already. 🙄 Anyway, hope you’ll hear from them soon! 

6 minutes ago, LilyKins said:

I was also told 30 days, but that was last week. There have now been a few accounts on this thread and at least one that I saw on Reddit who were being told (as of today) that it is now 90 days.

I don't have any new information, just summarizing what I'm seeing here. Could it be that something changed at the start of this week that now made them start saying 90 days rather than 30?

may be they switch the number every day. one giant circle of united states ####### immigration service though 

duh

Timeline
9 minutes ago, chxakx said:

I always rant to my husband about how unfair and illogical it is lol. It’s mentally exhausting that sometimes I just ignore it, and then I go to this Facebook group, then I’m back to being frustrated lol. Like I said before, I understand that every case is different and it differs how every state does it but how can someone who filed (almost) six months ago doesn’t even have updates, especially those who are just waiting to be rescheduled, but some June filers even received their biometrics appointment already. 🙄 Anyway, hope you’ll hear from them soon! 

What facebook group?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, LilyKins said:

It is actually 90 days even before COVID. It’s also posted on their website.

52AD29F0-67C1-46D6-BE3E-4DDFFA4AEB2D.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, James120383 said:

Make sure you provide strong feedback on this page multiple times a day https://uscisomnichannel.gov1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7OgAOAuC3bCNTjD?Q_Language=EN

Why? This just feeds some useless qualtrics dashboard that middle managers show their managers and talk about. Doesn't change a thing except maybe get the people who support Emma tech get demotions.

@VIP_LadyLuck

That was fast, gives you plenty of time to gather your documents. You are almost done with this phase!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.