Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

694 posts in this topic

Quiet old thread here with lots going on with Nov, Dec, Jan threads....I think we saw one feb NOA1 on the FB group get an NOA2 last week... looking forward to hearing more success stories!!! I know we can’t do a whole lot with it with the craziness of everything at the moment, but it would certainly be wonderful to have the approval behind us!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 minute ago, Entheos said:

Quiet old thread here with lots going on with Nov, Dec, Jan threads....I think we saw one feb NOA1 on the FB group get an NOA2 last week... looking forward to hearing more success stories!!! I know we can’t do a whole lot with it with the craziness of everything at the moment, but it would certainly be wonderful to have the approval behind us!

Yes, Jan cases are getting their approvals quickly ☺️ 
Could you please share Facebook group's name? 
🙏

1 minute ago, Naz2020 said:

🙏

K-1 group - visa journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 hours ago, Naz2020 said:

🙏

I wonder why they are processing everything so fast ? Is it that they have ligher case loads? or is it that they have more time on their hands with less stress of traffic lol? Not complaining but its wonderful to see these good news for everyone getting approved in 3 months. Good luck to everyone maybe May 2020 is our year to get approved.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, fed614 said:

I wonder why they are processing everything so fast ? Is it that they have ligher case loads? or is it that they have more time on their hands with less stress of traffic lol? Not complaining but its wonderful to see these good news for everyone getting approved in 3 months. Good luck to everyone maybe May 2020 is our year to get approved.

I think there is a group in USCIS who is working on cases quicker than other groups and now they are  on January files 😂 Since some December cases have not been approved yet. I don't know exactly what is going on there. I look forward to hearing good news from our group,too 🙏

8 minutes ago, Naz2020 said:

I think there is a group in USCIS who is working on cases quicker than other groups and now they are on January files 😂 Since some December cases have not been approved yet. I don't know exactly what is going on there. I look forward to hearing good news from our group, too 🙏

@fed614 Why does some in one month get approved before others who submitted earlier? Let's answer that. It all hinges around background checks. It depends on the petitioner. Their culture, their criminal history, their travels, thier country. The countries that they have visited. How cooperative is the country in responding with quantitative information on the individual. Some country is worse than others. If you would like more background reading than visit the first page of this thread and download the explanation that I posted.

So, it's not because one group is faster than another. They don't have groups at USCIS. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

@fed614 Why does some in one month get approved before others who submitted earlier? Let's answer that. It all hinges around background checks. It depends on the petitioner. Their culture, their criminal history, their travels, thier country. The countries that they have visited. How cooperative is the country in responding with quantitative information on the individual. Some country is worse than others. If you would like more background reading than visit the first page of this thread and download the explanation that I posted.

So, it's not because one group is faster than another. They don't have groups at USCIS. 

I traveled a lot in 2018 and 2019 to various countries in Europe because of my job. I sent the form 5535 and explained all of them by details. I also sent all my passport stamps,too. 

Does that background check involve petitioner or beneficiary ?

Is traveling a lot is a negative thing in regards of the background check ?

Edited by Naz2020

Just now, Naz2020 said:

I traveled a lot between 2018 and 2019 to various countries in Europe because of my job. I sent the form 5535 and explained all of them by details. I also sent all my passport stamps, too. 

Does that background check involve petitioner or beneficiary?

Is traveling a lot is a negative thing in regards of the background check?

The background checks for the NOA2 include the petitioner and beneficiary. The beneficiary has the added step to supply police certificates from other countries. They also must supply a PC from their home country. Those directions will be in the P3 letter. 

For other countries; They are required for all countries where you have lived for more than 6 months since the age of 16 and any country where you have been arrested, even if you were not a resident there.  U.S. police certificates are not required.  Police certificates from certain countries are unavailable or are obtained directly by your Embassy (rarely does your embassy execute this step).  Fingerprints are required for certain countries.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, fed614 said:

I wonder why they are processing everything so fast ? Is it that they have ligher case loads?

It's probably lighter case loads.

The winter months have fewer petitions even in normal times.

And with most international travel being shut down, you can't file you haven't met in person yet, and you won't file if you don't have enough time together in-person that you feel comfortable filing. Also throw in possible difficulties getting documents, and possibly unwillingness to get stuck mid-processing in this, and it's likely they're way down. Not an apples to apples comparison, but there were 228 timelines created in May 2019 (the oldest month that shows up on Igor's list), and only 86 in Feb 2020.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I was curious about how the USCIS was handling cases recently amid the pandemic, so I decided to look at the data.

Below is a graph plotting NOA1 dates on the x-axis and NOA2 dates on the y-axis for all approved i-129f petitions at the CSC with no RFE in the last year. This of course only includes data from VisaJourney timelines.

As you can see, the trend is pretty linear all year long, until you get to about 3/25/2020, when suddenly a large number of newer cases start getting approved.

However, as DaveAndAnastasia pointed out, this is likely due to lighter case loads, rather than increased productivity. The number of approvals from 3/25/2020 until 4/16/2020 actually went down compared to the previous period of the same length:

Dates # Cases Approved
3/3 - 3/25 121
3/25 - 4/16 101

It is indeed strange though to see such a sudden shift at 3/25, rather than a more gradual lightening as expected from seasonal variation. Did everyone really give up on their visa plans as early as late December? Or, did something change at the USCIS that is affecting how they process cases? Whatever the cause, this is good news for those of us waiting for our approvals!

image.png.425ff076b99d3037d98f5b184d6532c5.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Considering my previous post, I realized it may make more sense visually to flip the axes for NOA1 and NOA2 dates. The sudden change is more easily seen this way.

image.png.ae5d133db1194473a55b7158b4912eab.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

@Coin3 Now thats what I wanted to see data, it may not computationally explain the situation but using the small sample of Visa journey users it does get our hopes up a lot seeing your data and quicker approvals.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

just found this VJ with Feb NOA1 got NOA2 today. our time is coming soon guys 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=354131

Edited by Ahmed Ezz

1 hour ago, Ahmed Ezz said:

just found this VJ with Feb NOA1 got NOA2 today. our time is coming soon guys 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=354131

Congratulations!

Join us in the APRIL 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY thread and download the PDF file on the first post of the first page for tips, tricks and hacks to follow your case to the embassy. I'll post both links below:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/736008-april-2020-k-1-noa2-to-nvc-to-embassy/

PDF with tips, tricks, and hacks. BTW this PDF is updated from time to time so you might check back to ensure you have the latest information.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.