Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

694 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

You updated and completed your timeline and I appreciate that as the information that we reply will be tied sometimes to your timeline BUT more importantly down the road we will respond with specific information for your embassy. Your profile should also show to us what your country your embassy is situated. Most here have a flag in their profile whereby we readily have that information at hand and my second part of my requests shows how to update your profile with your country. 

Thanks for your understanding and completing your profile. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Thank you I appreciate it 😊. Now I updated the profile. 

Timeline

How is that every week I get a new processing request date from VJ? At first it gave me the estimate from beginning of june and now its giving me towards end of June 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️. Then on the Lawfully app, I get the estimate from May 10- June 9th for NOA2 

1 hour ago, smile101 said:

How is that every week I get a new processing request date from VJ? At first it gave me the estimate from beginning of june and now its giving me towards end of June 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️. Then on the Lawfully app, I get the estimate from May 10- June 9th for NOA2 

VJ timeline is based on members here. Lawfully basis theirs on those who have received their NOA2'S. And USCIS will give you another based on their progression plus a lot of wiggle room. It's all a guessing game. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
Just now, Greenbaum said:

VJ timeline is based on members here. Lawfully basis theirs on those who have received their NOA2'S. And USCIS will give you another based on their progression plus a lot of wiggle room. It's all a guessing game. 

Ohhhhh okay I got it. So basically it can come any day but those were just guesses?

1 hour ago, smile101 said:

Ohhhhh okay I got it. So basically it can come any day but those were just guesses?

It's sort of a law of averages.... and I don't know the algorithm of the VJ timelines estimations.... but I suspect it's a rolling average...vs the complete history of all petition timelines.  It's also dependent on people coming back and actually filling in the updates on the timeline... if someone fills in the NOA1 date, and then doesn't come back and put in the NOA2 date I SUSPECT that would negatively affect the average time... but it seems that there is probably enough people who DO return that it can get a pretty good idea of what the current approximate averages are.  It's not an exact science.

Mine was close (VJ estimated between May 3rd and June 5th originally - Lawfully had a similar estimate - VJ updated a few times to late may... then into June sometime and then late June)... but it seems mine has been a little bit of an exception to the current timings (May 1st/April 30th NOA2)... and I do NOT have a solid answer as to why... and I'm sure there is no one who would ever give me that answer.... but I'm 115 days from NOA1 to an NVC Case number and it being ready to ship out to my consulate.  You have to remember that every time  someone updates their timeline that effects it.... say someone from October/November gets an approval today, then that adds another statistic to the average which is a higher number.... then maybe someone from August last year finally get an approval.... same thing.... that adds an outlier to the averages....and brings the average days between submission and approval UP...

In theory if my Consulate is able to either request the file, or it was open to a point that the NVC would mail it out.... it'd ship out on June 9th (next shipment date - and I'm still hoping and praying that there is a slim chance that may happen)...and I'd potentially have my P3 and P4 sometime late June or early July.... and who knows... may even have had an interview in July...and 'home' in August.... but of course with the pandemic and all that is going on right now, I'm not confident that it will get shipped out any any kind of rush... I don't have any medical reason or urgent reason to move other than I want to...and I'm ready to (work is on hold, I've got everything packed ready to ship at any given day really)... but it'll be up to when we 'open for business' here in Sydney....

Anyway... that's just my Monday morning ramble-ing.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Entheos said:

It's sort of a law of averages.... and I don't know the algorithm of the VJ timelines estimations.... but I suspect it's a rolling average...vs the complete history of all petition timelines.  It's also dependent on people coming back and actually filling in the updates on the timeline... if someone fills in the NOA1 date, and then doesn't come back and put in the NOA2 date I SUSPECT that would negatively affect the average time... but it seems that there is probably enough people who DO return that it can get a pretty good idea of what the current approximate averages are.  It's not an exact science.

Mine was close (VJ estimated between May 3rd and June 5th originally - Lawfully had a similar estimate - VJ updated a few times to late may... then into June sometime and then late June)... but it seems mine has been a little bit of an exception to the current timings (May 1st/April 30th NOA2)... and I do NOT have a solid answer as to why... and I'm sure there is no one who would ever give me that answer.... but I'm 115 days from NOA1 to an NVC Case number and it being ready to ship out to my consulate.  You have to remember that every time  someone updates their timeline that effects it.... say someone from October/November gets an approval today, then that adds another statistic to the average which is a higher number.... then maybe someone from August last year finally get an approval.... same thing.... that adds an outlier to the averages....and brings the average days between submission and approval UP...

In theory if my Consulate is able to either request the file, or it was open to a point that the NVC would mail it out.... it'd ship out on June 9th (next shipment date - and I'm still hoping and praying that there is a slim chance that may happen)...and I'd potentially have my P3 and P4 sometime late June or early July.... and who knows... may even have had an interview in July...and 'home' in August.... but of course with the pandemic and all that is going on right now, I'm not confident that it will get shipped out any any kind of rush... I don't have any medical reason or urgent reason to move other than I want to...and I'm ready to (work is on hold, I've got everything packed ready to ship at any given day really)... but it'll be up to when we 'open for business' here in Sydney....

Anyway... that's just my Monday morning ramble-ing.

Ohhhhh that makes complete sense then and didnt realize it. Wow you got the NOA2 close to 3 months! I'm very happy. I'm still waiting on mine and im at 115 days 😢

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 4/29/2020 at 5:51 AM, iwannabeskinny said:

Hey question for those who have received NOA2 - Did your status at the USISC online change? Right now its showing you do not need to do anything at this time. 

Hello compatriote ^^ 

Did you get any news on your side?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, smile101 said:

I'm still waiting for mine 😫😫 4 months now

I feel you! They received our case on February 11, hopefully a good news will come soon

Timeline
Just now, Xavier_ said:

I feel you! They received our case on February 11, hopefully a good news will come soon

I hope so! I check all day, everyday if there's any changes and still nothing.

Timeline
Just now, smile101 said:

I hope so! I check all day, everyday if there's any changes and still nothing.

I think the American petioner (your fiancé if you're the alien person), will receive a text on their phone + a letter

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Xavier_ said:

I think the American petioner (your fiancé if you're the alien person), will receive a text on their phone + a letter

Yeah i signed up for those but I read on here that everyone didn't receive a text or Emily about NOA2 but saw it on the app

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Xavier_ said:

Same here. My NOA1 was Feb 11th. Still waiting 😩 It sucks because I want the NOA2 to arrive already but then again nothing is open. Well at least the embassy in Nigeria isn’t, so I guess there isn’t a need for urgency just yet. But the anticipation is overwhelming. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

117 days and no news .. I can't blame USCIS , Everything is on the hold right now. Even in Turkey I have been waiting for my work permit renewal for 3 months, which was the one week procedures last year. 
I hope that all these current situations Covid 19, riots and upcoming election won't affect our cases 🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.