Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

694 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I totally feel everyone (that’s waiting for NoA2) pain. I haven’t seen my fiancé since august 2019 and I couldn’t visit this year because of Covid too. Covid is getting worse and worse here and USCIS is so delayed I don’t even know if and when we will get an approval or when I can see him.  It’s taking a toll on all of us and our relationships 😭

I got an email back from USCIS Yesteday saying they are adjucating our case and to expect a response within 45 more days(filed in February and sent RFE in October)It’s so frustrating that it has been almost a year and I can’t even get an approval. Worst case if it gets denied I don’t know what id do because I can’t start all over. 

7 hours ago, elkski said:

Why would waiting for NOA2 be related to which embassy? is it because the service center relies on getting beneficiary information though the embassy?

How does 1 Feb filer get NOA2 in July?   I guess just landed on the right person stack ? Maybe just under the cutoff? 

Unless you have been separated from a loved one for 11 months or at least 10 months you cant understand what it is like.  This is the longest ever for me and it is very challenging in many ways.  It would be bad enough without Covid or the political turmoil.  6 months is nothing like 10 months... its a whole next level .

It's hard to reply to a post that is only a partial of the original quoted post. Quote the whole thing and I'll reply. Further, I can't understand your thought process in your reply. I was separated from my fiancé for 11 months. I feel your pain, but I didn't complain. I understood the process. Simply I am a realist and don't expect everything in my life to be fair or handed to me on a silver spoon. Make your post make sense and I will be happy to explain.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

7 hours ago, Karenyjlee said:

Update my status

We’ve finally got approved after 291 days!

Congratulations! Join us in the DECEMBER 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY thread and download the PDF file on the first post of the first page for tips, tricks and hacks to follow your case to the embassy. I'll post both links below:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/752616-december-2020-k-1-noa2-to-nvc-to-embassy/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 12/29/2020 at 11:55 PM, smile101 said:

Sent my rfe 2 1/2 weeks ago and Uscis still hasn’t received it yet even though it’s in California when I tracked it 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Have you reached out to a Congressman/woman? They can reach out to the uscis for an update as to if they’ve received it. We mailed uscis our rfe before Christmas and they updated the case status website to say they’d received it December 28th (so about 5 days after it was actually delivered). 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
22 minutes ago, UnaJohn said:

Have you reached out to a Congressman/woman? They can reach out to the uscis for an update as to if they’ve received it. We mailed uscis our rfe before Christmas and they updated the case status website to say they’d received it December 28th (so about 5 days after it was actually delivered). 

I sent the rfe on the 16th of December so I would think it would get there about 5-6 days. There was a delay with the delivery so I waited it out and then my case was updated on December 31st that they received it. Now I’m just waiting for NOA2.

Timeline

It’s been 97 days since they received my RFE and I haven’t seen any updates on my case. I don’t know if this good or bad. I emailed them before Christmas and they said they would give me a decision in 45 days. At this point it’s almost one year since I filed and I don’t even have an approval ...anyone get approved recently? 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, SB1089 said:

It’s been 97 days since they received my RFE and I haven’t seen any updates on my case. I don’t know if this good or bad. I emailed them before Christmas and they said they would give me a decision in 45 days. At this point it’s almost one year since I filed and I don’t even have an approval ...anyone get approved recently? 

Have you called them yet? It’s better to call and ask for tier 2 supervisors and explaining the situation to them. If you don’t mind me asking what was your rfe about? Hang in there! You will get the approval these days. Praying for you 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, smile101 said:

Have you called them yet? It’s better to call and ask for tier 2 supervisors and explaining the situation to them. If you don’t mind me asking what was your rfe about? Hang in there! You will get the approval these days. Praying for you 

I tried calling them many times before the holidays and it was impossible to get a live person. I think they changed their phone number options because when I called around May or June I spoke to a person. When I tried called in November I could not get a hold of a person no matter what. My RFE was that they didn’t have enough evidence of our in person meeting because we didn’t have photos. So I had to submit some affidavits and passport stamps and tickets all over again. I hope it gets approved because it would suck to get denied after a year of limbo. I hope you hear back soon too 😓

Timeline
19 minutes ago, UnaJohn said:

We just got approved! 

NOA1 February 28 2020

NOA2 January 8 2021

Congratulations!!! I’m happy for you guys. Hopefully ours comes next

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
19 minutes ago, UnaJohn said:

We just got approved! 

NOA1 February 28 2020

NOA2 January 8 2021

Oof actually just realised I have this written wrong. We got our case update that they’ve approved it and that we should get our NOA in the post by Jan 23rd. 

1 minute ago, smile101 said:

Congratulations!!! I’m happy for you guys. Hopefully ours comes next

You must be soon!! Good luck 🤞 

4 hours ago, UnaJohn said:

We just got approved! 

NOA1 February 28 2020

NOA2 January 8 2021

Congratulations. Join us in the January NOA2 thread USCIS to NVC to Embassy and download the PDF file on the first page so you will know what takes place next, where to call, where to get forms and have most of questions answered.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.