Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

694 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Some info to contact USCIS/NVC:

@GreenbaumThank you so much this is immensely helpful!!! I was going crazy trying to talk to a live person and wanted to cry out of frustration. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I’ve prayed all day and I’m happy to say that after 298 days of waiting I finally got the notification stating that they sent me the RFIE today :) 

15 hours ago, SB1089 said:

@GreenbaumThank you so much this is immensely helpful!!! I was going crazy trying to talk to a live person and wanted to cry out of frustration. 

Then the conclusion I draw from this is that you reached a live person using the instructions I put forth. Good luck and stay engaged in the process. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

13 hours ago, Soobin Koh said:

Still waiting for NOA2 281 days... looking at case tracker, it looks like other people at least got a request for evidence. For me, nothing. 

This is why it's taking so long for you and not for some. Every person is different. Every embassy is different. Every person has a different background. Every person comes from a different culture. Every embassy does not process the same as others. Every person's nationality is different. So, double that for the petitioner or the beneficiary and the answer is it just takes time.

Can I share somethings with you that I learned long ago about this process?

• "the man with the gold makes the rules"
    • it will take as long as it will take 
    • no one with any certainty can tell you when some process will be completed
    • Your sense of urgency will never be equaled to what USCIS, NVC or your embassy demonstrates
    • Your journey is not going to mirror someone else's experience - yours and theirs are not the same
    • They only promised you a YES or NO answer. Never an exact time that their decision would be completed
    • Lowering your expectations will make you a much more relaxed individual

Good luck on your journey 

Country has a lot to do with and we don't know your country as you have not completely completed your profile on the left column. Three things are involved in most questions, embassy (country), timeline and visa type. Missing anyone of those and we can't give you an exact answer to your question.

We need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys,

I think most of Feb. cases are getting processed right now. We waited 290+ days. NOA1 was 2.26.2020 and got status updated to approved on 12.3.2020.

I was pretty certain that we were going to see update sooner or later within these a couple months and it just happened.

I think we will all be alright. Just be a little more patient and hanging there if you are still waiting for NOA2.

On 12/1/2020 at 3:23 PM, Naz2020 said:

Our case is approved 🥳🥳🥳🥳

I've just got the notification

what a journey 😃

I hope everyone gets the approval soon 

wish you luck guys 

Congratulations! I hope the next stage is fast for you ❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Good luck for you. I am Feb 2020 filer too. I got my NOA2 on July 8, 2020, up to date I have not heard from the NVC to get the case number. And the NOA2 expired on November 8, 2020. I do not know what next.

5 hours ago, Toby2019 said:

Good luck for you. I am Feb 2020 filer too. I got my NOA2 on July 8, 2020, up to date I have not heard from the NVC to get the case number. And the NOA2 expired on November 8, 2020. I do not know what next.

You should be a part of the conversation over in the July NOA2 to NVC to Embassy thread. Download the PDF file on the first page, first post for what to do next. There are many more in that thread who are facing the same questions you are so; I recommend that you read the entire thread to get caught up and to gain more knowledge.

A fiancé visa must be issued within four months from the date of approval of the fiancé petition by USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services). If your appointment is later then the validity date, bring a signed and dated letter from your U.S. fiancé(e) stating that you both remain legally free to marry and that you intend to get married within 90 days of your arrival. E-mail or copies are acceptable. Embassies will extend your NOA2 expiration date in increments of four months till you reach the one year expiration date.

9 FAM 41.81 N6.2 Validity of a K-1 Petition
(CT:VISA-2165; 08-21-2014)

An approved K-1 visa petition is valid for a period of four months from the date of USCIS action and may be revalidated by the consular officer any number of times for additional periods of four months from the date of revalidation, provided the officer concludes that the petitioner and the beneficiary remain legally free to marry and continue to intend to marry each other within 90 days after the beneficiary's admission into the United States. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

6 hours ago, ChanceW said:

Hi guys,

I think most of Feb. cases are getting processed right now. We waited 290+ days. NOA1 was 2.26.2020 and got status updated to approved on 12.3.2020.

I was pretty certain that we were going to see update sooner or later within these a couple months and it just happened.

I think we will all be alright. Just be a little more patient and hanging there if you are still waiting for NOA2.

Congratulations! Join us in the DECEMBER 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY thread and download the PDF file on the first post of the first page for tips, tricks and hacks to follow your case to the embassy. I'll post both links below:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
10 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Congratulations! Join us in the DECEMBER 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY thread and download the PDF file on the first post of the first page for tips, tricks and hacks to follow your case to the embassy. I'll post both links below:

Yeah I am on there already and just finished updating my email. I am really grateful for all the invalueable resources available online and your willingness to share your knowledge and help us. I tried to prepare as much and best as we can from the very beginning of the process and it really helped a lot. We could not have done it without any of you.

6 minutes ago, ChanceW said:

Yeah I am on there already and just finished updating my email. I am really grateful for all the invalueable resources available online and your willingness to share your knowledge and help us. I tried to prepare as much and best as we can from the very beginning of the process and it really helped a lot. We could not have done it without any of you.

I'm elated that you have been able to use the PDF file for your journey. Keep engaged in the process. 

We need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Timeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RTx4pIFfcIXyW15L-nyLuBGzwqYRx5lI/view?usp=sharing

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

@Greenbaum actually I was still not able to get a real person on the line. When you get to the part where the automated machine says “tell me why you are calling” no matter what you press it doesn’t direct you anywhere. And if you say check rfe or case status it just gives you the automated information on those things. I emailed them and asked about the status since it’s been 65 days since they got my rfe response. I don’t know if I will get a response to my email or a response to my case anytime soon. Thank you anyway. 

27 minutes ago, SB1089 said:

@Greenbaum actually I was still not able to get a real person on the line. When you get to the part where the automated machine says “tell me why you are calling” no matter what you press it doesn’t direct you anywhere. And if you say check rfe or case status it just gives you the automated information on those things. I emailed them and asked about the status since it’s been 65 days since they got my rfe response. I don’t know if I will get a response to my email or a response to my case anytime soon. Thank you anyway. 

Others are reporting that they are unable to get through. My guess is that they are short staffed and those that were on the phone are now adjudicating cases. I would think email is the best option, but in the end there really isn't anything you can do. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 12/4/2020 at 3:49 AM, Greenbaum said:

. Every embassy is different.

Why would waiting for NOA2 be related to which embassy? is it because the service center relies on getting beneficiary information though the embassy?

How does 1 Feb filer get NOA2 in July?   I guess just landed on the right person stack ? Maybe just under the cutoff? 

Unless you have been separated from a loved one for 11 months or at least 10 months you cant understand what it is like.  This is the longest ever for me and it is very challenging in many ways.  It would be bad enough without Covid or the political turmoil.  6 months is nothing like 10 months... its a whole next level .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.