dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2020

1,112 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Caresse33 said:

I really appreciate your post and everyone who encouraged @Mr & Mrs T during this difficult time. Not everyone is experimenting the same thing. My husband filed in December 2017 when he was green card holder and he was naturalised in August 2019 . We got approved in September. In addition my son was under my petition as a derivative. However because we have upgraded our file to US Citizen, they have asked for a separate petition for my son. Now I will have to immigrate without my son . This has been so difficult for me and even explaining to my son who was excited to travel with me. The worst part is that my son’s file has been sent to Nebraska Service Center😭😭😭😭😭. Not everyone is having a great experience. You are definitely not alone. Tiens bon ca iras, essaye juste d’etre patient. Thank you for all your post. Congrats to all the DQ today.

Sorry to hear about your son! Mine left to go to back home Feb 12, 2019 expecting that we would join about 4-6 months later. I hope his process goes quickly and you won’t be separated long!! 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
4 hours ago, Juliet57 said:

We just got DQ :) 39 days after submitting, first and only submission. 

Submitted Dec 13th, 2019

DQ Jan 21st, 2020

I'm happy cause we're one step closer, but my embassy (Juarez, MX) is seriously backlogged, and they are assigning interview dates for DQ Feb/March 2019, so I'm gonna be waiting at least 10 months to hear from NVC again. 

Hope this last piece of info will make you guys not resent me 😓

Truly really wish you all success and who knows we might run into each other in the US at some point :)

You all can PM me anytime, I'd be happy to help and I'll be around.

Congrats! how do you know your embassy is backlogged? where do you check? Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, Aasish Chandra said:

Hey guys I have a question. Once NVC schudules the appointment and send the email with interview details do we have to call the nvc to confirm the appointment time and date.

No, just make sure you have your medical done ahead of time and bring the necessary documents to your interview

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, LilyJ said:

Although it may feel far away, your interview will be here before you know it! All the best!

5 hours ago, Mr and Mrs S said:

Congratulations. Sorry for the backlog at Juarez. Hopefully both you and your spouse live close enough to allow frequent visits. 

Best wishes.

Thank you for the sweet replies 🙂 I'll be checking out this thread to congratulate you all when you get DQ soon 😊

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Timeline
1 hour ago, SC97 said:

Congrats! how do you know your embassy is backlogged? where do you check? Thank you!

I found out through facebook groups of my embassy

7 hours ago, Juliet57 said:

We just got DQ :) 39 days after submitting, first and only submission. 

Submitted Dec 13th, 2019

DQ Jan 21st, 2020

I'm happy cause we're one step closer, but my embassy (Juarez, MX) is seriously backlogged, and they are assigning interview dates for DQ Feb/March 2019, so I'm gonna be waiting at least 10 months to hear from NVC again. 

Hope this last piece of info will make you guys not resent me 😓

Truly really wish you all success and who knows we might run into each other in the US at some point :)

You all can PM me anytime, I'd be happy to help and I'll be around.

Yaay, congratulations! I hope  your interview will be quicker than you expected. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, TheChheavFamily said:

We withdrew our K1 petition in 2018 - submitted Sept 2017 when they were taking forever for K1 and our case was stuck in California. Similar, but not as bad as Nebraska. We got married in with the just the paperwork here. (Similar to a courthouse wedding)  No big wedding/reception. We were both completely exhausted from the dumb immigration process or lack there of and the entire issue with my son being newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes (and all the stress that comes with no endocrinologists or doctors trained in juvenile diabetes in his entire country!) After a few months, the company that I work for sent me a notice that they weren’t able to accept my decision to stay here and they requested again that I go back or they would have to replace me. We hired an attorney because of the withdrawn K1. I thought it would be necessary to overcome the complication.

Then the disaster of Nebraska struck with our petition and here we are sitting at 2 months (after waiting since September to submit all the documents because police certificates in Cambodia expire after 3 months so we had to wait another month for the new certificate and a month for the attorney to actually work on our case) waiting for the review of our documents and the police certificate is going to expire again on Feb 3. 

Why do I say this? I’m saying it because so many of us are going through the same or similar hell and we end up only looking at the ones that somehow get to go faster than everyone else. Nobody knows why certain petitions seem to get special treatment.

This site is sort of like social media, everyone posts when they have something exciting to say and not necessarily when things are difficult. I had to take a break from this site last year because it was becoming overwhelming. 

I regret pulling our last petition, but I can’t say that pulling it again hasn’t been in my mind. I’m completely beaten by this process and it makes talking with my husband very difficult we have so many plans and ideas for our life and reuniting with my son, but we can’t do anything but sit and wait for our lives to pass in front of us. We save money and don’t spend much because we will leave it all behind if we get approved, so life is just a prison right now. 

I’m so sorry that you’re going through this frustration, stress and anxiety, but know that you are far from alone! 

Thank you for sharing your story! Yesterday, I was ashamed to post my doubts and mistakes here. But this site that helped me a lot to get here has to contain also the stories that were not so easy and simple so that we can all learn about the process, feelings and empathy. I was very lucky to have my process approved at USCIS in only 3 months but I was not prepared to face the NVC and this cost me time and anxiety. Seeing stories like yours gives me more strength and courage to move forward. Fortunately my husband comes in April for his first vacation at his American job and after that, we are not expected to meet again soon. Only those who are going through this process know how frustrating and heavy it is.

May we always have people here willing to support, no matter what.

Count on me!

We will make it.

🙏🙏

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska Service Center

Consulate: Rio de Janeiro

Marriage: 2014/10/11

I-130 sent: 2019/06/26

I-130 NOA1: 2019/07/12

I-129F sent: 2019/08/28

I-129F NOA: 2019/08/30

I-130 Approval: 2019/09/27

I-129F Denial: 2019/09/27

Case sent to NVC: 2019/10/09

Case recive NVC: 2019/10/18

Case Number recive NVC: 2019/11/11

Payment of AOS and IV fees: 2019/11/11

DS 260, AOS and Civil Documents Sub: 2019/11/18

FE Review Note: 2020/01/16

Second Sub: 2020/01/20

DQ: 2020/03/18

Timeline
7 hours ago, Uiyl said:

Yaay, congratulations! I hope  your interview will be quicker than you expected. 

Thanks it was stressing to have to get the police certificate and you went through that as well now we wait again 🤭🤭

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.