dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview February 2020

1,341 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

We have not recieved our p4 letter. Would it be delivered to my address in US or his? If we don’t receive it in time, can he just print the email of interview confirmation sent to us?

Timeline

My parents had to cancel their interview appointment for their immigrant visa (IR5) as my mom needed to have further TB screening done. The tests took 2 months and the reports came out clear, thankfully.

I reached out to the embassy to get an appointment by email and they replied saying that my mom's application needs "additional review" and only after that is completed will we be contacted. Now, when I check for my mom's visa status in the ceac website, it shows "Administrative Processing" (Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.)

And my father's application status show up as "Ready" (Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://nvc.state.gov/interview

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.).

I am confused as non of them have an new interview schedule yet. Has anyone else been in this situation?

FYI, my parents are applying in Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Happy New Year, all!  

Please make sure that if you're new here, you go and fill in your timeline.  Its helps with the record keeping @dwheels76 graciously tracks for all of us which helps provide answers as to when interview letters are potentially expected.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

DQ  Jan 6  for Ukraine interview. we have no interview appt yet, but I filled out the questionaire anyways.

i

IR1/CR1 and IR2/CR2 important dates:

USCIS : Texas Service Center

NOA1: Feb 6 2019

NOA2: Aug 8, 2019

NVC Case#: Oct 10, 2019

NVC DQ:  Jan 6, 2020

Interview letter: Jan 23, 2020

Interview Date: Feb 25, 2020

9 hours ago, swoned said:

DQ  Jan 6  for Ukraine interview. we have no interview appt yet, but I filled out the questionaire anyways.

i

DQ on Jan 6th as well...and also filled out the questionnaire. Country is Trinidad & Tobago.

22 minutes ago, Uzzy said:

which questionaire?

Just now, FloraTen said:

The one to be added on the spreadsheet that is posted by @dwheels76 at the beginning of this thread

Maybe ‘form’ is the more appropriate term to use here and not ‘questionnaire’

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hello guys. Dad went for his interview this morning and I contacted the embassy to allow my mom to go with him as he’s over 65. Unfortunately they couldn’t issue the visa today as they required dna testing for myself, my dad and mom before they can proceed. So another 2months wil surely be added to their wait times. 

Timeline

Short case update - I had my interview today for CR1 and the officer said everything is in order, I should have my passport back in a week.

Very few questions so it was quick. Funny thing is the instructions and interview letter asks for 2 passport photos and I only got asked for 1! I only realized that later so hopefully the officer didn't forget and now can't process it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.