Greenbaum

JANUARY 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

436 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
49 minutes ago, fernando2386 said:

Hello everyone,

Hope this message finds you well and healthy, I have a question.

So my fiance is stuck back in Guatemala, the airport is closed and they are planing on opening it back up on Sep 1st.

My fiance got his K1 Visa approved from March 10th and it will expire on Sep 10th.

What would happen when my fiance enters the U.S. Assuming on Sep 1st. would we still have 90 days to get married or we will only have 9 days due to the validity of the visa?

90 days from entering the United States.

1 hour ago, fernando2386 said:

Hello everyone,

So my fiance is stuck back in Guatemala, the airport is closed and they are planing on opening it back up on Sep 1st.

My fiance got his K1 Visa approved from March 10th and it will expire on Sep 10th.

What would happen when my fiance enters the U.S. Assuming on Sep 1st. would we still have 90 days to get married or we will only have 9 days due to the validity of the visa?

See my reply from your PM.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 6/19/2020 at 12:02 PM, fernando2386 said:

Hello everyone,

You should contact the US embassy in Guatemala. In Honduras they work with a couple airlines (United and Spirit) on flights to take out citizens back to the US, they say USC, LPR and Immigrant Visa Packet holders (wich I assume is similar to the one a K1 holder hands over at POE) can travel and I know of a fiancé with visa on hand that traveled on one of those flights during the covid19 lockdown. There are flights departing from Guatemala throughout June, try contacting the embassy, the airlines or immigration.

K1 VISA (withdrawn)

• 2019-Aug-19: I-129F Sent to USCIS Dallas Lockbox
  • 2019-Aug-22: I-129F USCIS Received
  • 2019-Aug-26: I-129F NOA1 & e-Notice (WAC)
  • 2019-Sep-06: I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy Received
  • 2019-Nov-26: I-129F RFE(s)
  • 2019-Nov-29: I-129F RFE Hard Copy Received
  • 2019-Dec-28: RFE Reply Sent
  • 2019-Dec-31: RFE Reply(s) USCIS Received
  • 2020-Jan-10: I-129F NOA2
  • 2020-Jan-15: I-129F NOA2 Hard Copy Received
  • 2020-Jan-22: NVC Received
  • 2020-Jan-29: Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned
  • 2020-Feb-18: NVC Left
  • 2020-Feb-21: Consulate Received
  • 2020-Feb-28: Packet 3 Received
  • 2020-Sep-29: Entered the US w/Tourist Visa
  • 2020-Nov-13: Received call from the Honduran Embassy to continue K-1 (withdrawn)
  • 2020-Nov-26: Married in the US

Adjustment of Status

• 2021-Jan-11: AOS Sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
  • 2021-Jan-13: AOS USCIS Received
  • 2021-Jan-27: AOS NOA1 & e-Notice (MSC)
  • 2021-Feb-01: AOS NOA1 Hard Copy Received

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys, I guess I fall under this category since I got my NOA2 back in 15 Jan 2020. Sadly, my fiance's interview appointment was 2 April 2020 so it was canceled due to COVID-19. Assuming like most others, we are just VERY ANXIOUSLY waiting and praying for an interview date again. It is especially tough right now since we have had no ability to see each other, due to the restrictions that are currently set on me, since I am a military member. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi everyone, i'm late to this party - but I'm seriously glad that I found this thread and community who are on the same boat as me.

I just have to get this off my chest. 

I filed towards end of Dec and got my NOA1 back in Dec 27...and still waiting for NOA2 from California office.

She lives in Russia, and we managed to see each other right before Covid in March. That was the last time we saw each other, and it's been so hard to not be able to hold her. 

Should I be getting worried? I'm definitely getting towards the later end of what's "average time wait" of 5-7 months. I understand that date of inquiry is July 27 but does that date even matter? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, waitingmoar said:

Hi everyone, i'm late to this party - but I'm seriously glad that I found this thread and community who are on the same boat as me.

I filed towards end of Dec and got my NOA1 back in Dec 27...and still waiting for NOA2 from California office.

She lives in Russia, and we managed to see each other right before Covid in March. That was the last time we saw each other, and it's been so hard to not be able to hold her. 

Should I be getting worried? I'm definitely getting towards the later end of what's "average time wait" of 5-7 months. I understand that date of inquiry is July 27 but does that date even matter? 

I think you're looking for this thread: 

this thread is for ppl who got their NoA2 in January. And since you're still waiting on yours, the thread I linked might have other people in your situation.

6 hours ago, waitingmoar said:

Wait times are estimates and will change depending on the current situation is. We are in a pandemic and USCIS is running with a smaller crew then pre-pandemic. There is nothing you can do. Unfortunately, you belong to a month that has taken it on the chin when it comes to approvals. It's been slow but still there are people who are getting approved. Best recommendation is to have some more patience. 

While you are waiting, we need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Timeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RTx4pIFfcIXyW15L-nyLuBGzwqYRx5lI/view?usp=sharing

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

I was on such a high yesterday when I read this. No mention of K1s but still movement. I really hope we get to the point where K1s are also processed and issued. Waiting has been hard and painful.

B85E2754-4252-4595-86ED-67926014B5AC.jpeg

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mongolia
Timeline

Hi guys, we (or she) has her interview scheduled for Monday!  The embassy called her today and told she has to come Monday or else they have no idea when they would be able to interview her again? Seems very strange to me, but hey, whatever!  She has to take a new medical Monday morning then take her interview Monday afternoon.  The next problem will be getting her over here, but one problem at a time!  Please send good thoughts our way!  Hope you guys will all be hearing good news soon!  This has been the longest wait of our lives!  

Edited by KevinOtgoo

35 minutes ago, KevinOtgoo said:

Hi guys, we (or she) has her interview scheduled for Monday!  The embassy called her today and told she has to come Monday or else they have no idea when they would be able to interview her again? Seems very strange to me, but hey, whatever!  She has to take a new medical Monday morning then take her interview Monday afternoon.  The next problem will be getting her over here, but one problem at a time!  Please send good thoughts our way!  Hope you guys will all be hearing good news soon!  This has been the longest wait of our lives!  

Once you receive your Visa check the expiration date. You may find it to be more than 5 months before it expires, but I am not sure how they are handling post pandemic expiration dates. We'll wait and see what yours is to get a better idea. Good luck at the interview.  

Some example questions would be:

-What is the name of your fiancé/e?

-Where did you meet?

-When did you meet?

-How did you meet?

-When are you planning to get married?

-What is your fiancé/es work?

-Have you gone out of the country?

-How long were you out of the country?

-How many times has your fiancé/e visited you?

-Where did you go when your fiancé/e visited you?

-Do you plan to have kids?

-Where do you plan on staying in the US?

-name and DOB

-what year did you meet

-How did you meet

-what are your fiancé parents' names

-your fiancé's employer and job

-have either of you been married before

-other countries you've been to

-do you have kids together

These are some of the questions, but rest assure that all the questions will be about the petitioner, the beneficiary, and the relationship. Always tell the truth even if the truth is "I don't know". Don't rush in answering and give a straightforward answer. Look the CO in the eye when answering and smile. Don't give a novel as your answer. Just brief and concise. Don't volunteer any information unless asked, this could send you down the wrong road.

Don't forget to ask if you passed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mongolia
Timeline
On 9/11/2020 at 5:02 PM, Greenbaum said:

Once you receive your Visa check the expiration date. You may find it to be more than 5 months before it expires, but I am not sure how they are handling post pandemic expiration dates. We'll wait and see what yours is to get a better idea. Good luck at the interview. 

Happy to report she passed her interview and picked up her visa today!!!  Her visa is valid through March 14 2021.  We are hoping for an October flight at this point. 

12 minutes ago, KevinOtgoo said:

Happy to report she passed her interview and picked up her visa today!!!  Her visa is valid through March 14 2021.  We are hoping for an October flight at this point. 

Congratulations. What a happy moment and a relief I'm sure. They gave her six months on the visa expiration. That's good to hear. Now you can take your time getting her to the US.

Check over the visa to be sure there isn't any spelling errors. If there is contact the Embassy for further instructions. Keep the "do not open" pouch in the plastic and stowed away in her carryon luggage. Luggage does get lost and without the "do not open" packet it will be a difficult problem for her at immigration once she arrives at her POE.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, E&W said:

Got a call from the embassy at the beginning of the week, we scheduled the interview. Feels so good for things to finally be moving forward.

This is awesome.. those kind of news gives me more hope that they won’t be canceling interviews anymore! 🤞

We have our scheduled for the 19th! 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Welp, we got put in administrative processing. Everything seemed to be going well at the interview until the CO noticed she didn’t have the i-134. Which is weird, since my fiancé had sent it to them directly via email (and got their automated covid email answer, meaning it arrived to the right place). I did have a printed out copy I showed them.
She just said that they need to process some things. They kept my passport.
Sincerely hope this doesn’t take long and we don’t get rejected.

Patience is the keyword for this year it seems.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.