Greenbaum

JANUARY 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

436 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

You expressed a good response to our current world situation and to what part we play in that. Thank you.

No problem, just trying to help out where I can, since this forum has helped me out so much. Plus, I've been a moderator, I know how helpful it is for everyone when others chime in with different perspectives. 😄

What’s your opinion on if embassies will start opening their consular offices after situation in that specific country gets better? Or they will wait until the situation in USA stabilizes and then start with processing interviews? 

2 hours ago, LegalAlienn said:

What’s your opinion on if embassies will start opening their consular offices after situation in that specific country gets better? Or they will wait until the situation in USA stabilizes and then start with processing interviews? 

Well, I have a blind fold on my eyes, and I am about to throw a dart at the number of different answers in front of me. Which one will I hit with the dart? No one knows. Best guess is as soon as the country is cleared of COVID-19 I'm sure they will open the doors once again for business for that individual embassy. :yes:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

NOA2 approved on Jan 28, got ready for everything, received our Packet 3 on Mar 13 and sent back on the next day. Too bad THEN the consulate interview is indefinitely suspended. Already quit my job (i am petitioner), I guess I could only sit back and enjoy my vacation.... 

2 hours ago, alphard said:

NOA2 approved on Jan 28, got ready for everything, received our Packet 3 on Mar 13 and sent back on the next day. Too bad THEN the consulate interview is indefinitely suspended. Already quit my job (i am petitioner), I guess I could only sit back and enjoy my vacation.... 

If you are the petitioner and you quit your job, how is it you will pass the financial requirements so that your "bride" doesn't become, or you, a public charge. I'm confused on this one. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

If you are the petitioner and you quit your job, how is it you will pass the financial requirements so that your "bride" doesn't become, or you, a public charge. I'm confused on this one. 

Oh I should have clarified - we planned to move to United States together after her K1 visa is issued. I am hoping our savings in joint account is enuf for financial proof. Otherwise I would have to go first to find a job. 

1 hour ago, alphard said:

Oh, I should have clarified - we planned to move to United States together after her K1 visa is issued. I am hoping our savings in joint account is enuf for financial proof. Otherwise I would have to go first to find a job. 

Here is a quick FAQ on using assets to qualify under the K-1 income value.

Q: How Can I Use Assets to Qualify?

A: Assets may supplement income if the immigration officer is convinced that the monetary value of the asset could reasonably be made available to support the fiancé visa applicant and converted to cash within one year without undue harm to the sponsor or his or her family members.  You may not include an automobile unless you show that you own at least one working automobile that you have not included.

Q: What assets can be used?

A: Any type of asset can be used if it is readily convertible to cash within a year. Liquid assets, such as savings deposits, stocks, bonds, and certificates of deposit will be viewed most favorably because they would be most accessible for the support of sponsored immigrants. Other assets, such as property, may also be acceptable if they can be sold within a year.

Q: What evidence of assets is required?

A: Evidence establishing ownership and the value and location of assets is required. Information on any liens and/or liabilities relating to these assets must be provided. For bank accounts, bank statements for the most recent 12 months, or a letter from the bank stating the date the account was opened, a history of deposits and withdrawals for the past 12 months.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

Here is a quick FAQ on using assets to qualify under the K-1 income value.

Q: How Can I Use Assets to Qualify?

A: Assets may supplement income if the immigration officer is convinced that the monetary value of the asset could reasonably be made available to support the fiancé visa applicant and converted to cash within one year without undue harm to the sponsor or his or her family members.  You may not include an automobile unless you show that you own at least one working automobile that you have not included.

Q: What assets can be used?

A: Any type of asset can be used if it is readily convertible to cash within a year. Liquid assets, such as savings deposits, stocks, bonds, and certificates of deposit will be viewed most favorably because they would be most accessible for the support of sponsored immigrants. Other assets, such as property, may also be acceptable if they can be sold within a year.

Q: What evidence of assets is required?

A: Evidence establishing ownership and the value and location of assets is required. Information on any liens and/or liabilities relating to these assets must be provided. For bank accounts, bank statements for the most recent 12 months, or a letter from the bank stating the date the account was opened, a history of deposits and withdrawals for the past 12 months.

Thank you for the info! Sounds like our asset can qualify. Now I can enjoy my vacation and patiently wait 😃

23 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Well, I have a blind fold on my eyes, and I am about to throw a dart at the number of different answers in front of me. Which one will I hit with the dart? No one knows. Best guess is as soon as the country is cleared of COVID-19 I'm sure they will open the doors once again for business for that individual embassy. :yes:

Hi Greenbaum.. Here’s something I’d like to share with you and others.. 

So today I emailed the embassy with the question if I can go ahead and schedule the interview and they told me to check if there are any free slots in June or July and schedule it. So I went online, paid the fees and scheduled the first available one for June 1st. 
That was currently situation in Bosnia, not sure about other countries, but I feel it’s not a bad move to have at least safe place in June than wait until the embassy opens. Also your MRV fee is valid for one year so I don’t think that we will lose the money if we pay now. 

Also with the latest numbers of covid, it seems that situation is getting better in all European countries. Some are already starting to open their businesses 

I know that the MRV fee is valid for 1 year but the NOA2 has an expiration date. With the embassies being closed, it will expire. Greenbaum do you think it will still be honored?

event.png

2 hours ago, HispanicLover said:

I know that the MRV fee is valid for 1 year but the NOA2 has an expiration date. With the embassies being closed, it will expire. Greenbaum do you think it will still be honored?

The validity of the NOA2 is for four months. They want you to complete your visa processing at the consulate during that window. The reason is that they have thousands of approved applicants and they need to keep things moving along or they will back up if everyone decides they want to process in a particular month then the other months there are relatively few interviews. So, to keep things moving along they put a date on the NOA2. If for some reason, illness, death in the family or some other valid reason, your consulate can extend the visa at their discretion.  YES. :yes: Not a big deal.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

The validity of the NOA2 is for four months. They want you to complete your visa processing at the consulate during that window. The reason is that they have thousands of approved applicants and they need to keep things moving along or they will back up if everyone decides they want to process in a particular month then the other months there are relatively few interviews. So, to keep things moving along they put a date on the NOA2. If for some reason, illness, death in the family or some other valid reason, your consulate can extend the visa at their discretion.  YES. :yes: Not a big deal.

Thanks for not just giving me a quick answer and helping me understand why. I appreciate that 😉

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
11 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

But - do we need to email the Embassy - explaining the reason....My NOA2 - through 5/20.  Interview scheduled (after Covid-19 outbreak) 7/01.  Please advise and thanks!

2 minutes ago, Jody and Misho said:

But - do we need to email the Embassy - explaining the reason....My NOA2 - through 5/20.  Interview scheduled (after Covid-19 outbreak) 7/01.  Please advise and thanks!

You can email the embassy but don't expect a reply. This will be addressed before interviews will resume or worse case you show up at the interview and "all is forgiven". I don't think this will be an issue. For factors such as this I believe that USCIS, NVC and your embassy are going to use common sense. For me it's not an issue. Time to relax and not get caught up in the minutia of what or what will not happen. We just don't know. No one knows and can't predict with any certainty.  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

10 hours ago, HispanicLover said:

Thanks for not just giving me a quick answer and helping me understand why. I appreciate that 😉

BTW, this is addressed in the PDF #27. If you haven't done so, please get a copy for additional tips, tricks, hacks, and explanations. Be safe.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.