Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wow has it been over a year since I last posted and updated???? So back in January 8, 2021, my wife and children received their I-797C's notifying them their AOS interview was scheduled for Feb. 11, 2021. I panicked because my wife has been hospitalized for almost a year now and there was no way she is ambulatory! I contacted the local congressman and his office told me to reschedule the interview. The USCIS number that I called, (listed on the I-797C) would not allow me to make changes. I can't visit my wife due to the COVID-19 lockdown. I sent her a photo of the message and she changed her interview date for her and the daughter, (they were all given the same day and time for AOS interview). That left me driving the son down to Philadelphia for the interview. However, the night before, my wife tells me to bring the daughter with the prospects that they may be able to interview her also. We got down to the USCIS office in Phila. the investigator asks me about my wife's condition then steps out for a moment. She talks to my son for a few moments and then asks the daughter a few simple questions: Where do you go to school?, Do you like it?, etc. At the conclusion the investigator tells me that my wife qualifies for a medical waiver and does not need to attend the interview! All 3 were granted their AOS. The person said that the green cards should arrive within 2-4 weeks! I couldn't of asked for anything better! I do have to put a shout-out for the people there at the USCIS, the security, the staff, all of them. They were very pleasant in dealing not only with us but with others! I never would have expected that kind of treatment! They were first rate and I thanked everyone of them! Next stop, lifting the conditions!

USCIS I-129F Petition:   image.png.5e26813a0fee6f4065ce829758e29731.png      

image.png.66176722dd07631b884c6730df9ff788.pngimage.png.63696e1e1440439256be59ac086d18bb.png

Dept of State K1 Visa:   image.png.9a78db6ac742a01a01d0b157963311c8.png       image.png.8b2371c75847cbfbc45e7dc896f8ba1f.pngimage.png.e0b583662f868174b3c52088da49263c.pngimage.png.7f70a1e5e353924875a93c2b082fbee0.png
USCIS I-485 Petition:   

image.png.465aaf5ca7c51799120b0fab7f99afe5.png

image.png.e0b583662f868174b3c52088da49263c.pngimage.png.7f70a1e5e353924875a93c2b082fbee0.png

14 hours ago, Ammer said:

How long does it take from when the case status updates for you to receive the interview notice letter?

about a week

7 hours ago, Stubmeister said:

I do have to put a shout-out for the people there at the USCIS, the security, the staff, all of them. They were very pleasant in dealing not only with us but with others! I never would have expected that kind of treatment! They were first rate and I thanked everyone of them! Next stop, lifting the conditions!

Congrats ! yeah ive found my dealing with USCIS very pleasant - slow (as an organization) but pleasant !!

Its likely that you`ll be interviewed at ROC but thats no big deal, best wishes to your wife.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~On post removed for TOS Violation.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

We are renewing my husband EAD/AP document. Where it says reason for travel, we want to use it for us to visit his hone in December, but also a family trip in June just for fun to the Caribbeans. Should we list both as reasons for travel? Will sharing the family trip keep the document from being renewed? Will not sharing the trip cause issues when he tries to use it?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We had our AOS interview for 18 Feb.  We live in the Dallas area where that big snow storm hit.  We arrived only to find out that the offices were closed due to the hazardous weather.  There were about 25 other cars that were waiting in the parking lot as well.  Now we are just waiting for our interview date to be rescheduled.

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
On 2/26/2021 at 5:50 PM, Jay Jones said:

We had our AOS interview for 18 Feb.  We live in the Dallas area where that big snow storm hit.  We arrived only to find out that the offices were closed due to the hazardous weather.  There were about 25 other cars that were waiting in the parking lot as well.  Now we are just waiting for our interview date to be rescheduled.

We're sitting in the same boat! I received an email from USCIS today (now a week after the snow storm) that the interview got cancelled and they have mailed me a notice in regards to it. Now I'm waiting to see if that's the notice which shows the new date or not... Our AOS interview was suppose to be on Feb 16 in the Dallas area.

Have you received anything yet?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Nyalimera said:

We're sitting in the same boat! I received an email from USCIS today (now a week after the snow storm) that the interview got cancelled and they have mailed me a notice in regards to it. Now I'm waiting to see if that's the notice which shows the new date or not... Our AOS interview was suppose to be on Feb 16 in the Dallas area.

We got the same email today saying our interview was cancelled and they mailed us a notice.  We are praying that they will actually waive the interview but if not I'm sure they will reschedule it

Timeline
Just now, Jay Jones said:

We got the same email today saying our interview was cancelled and they mailed us a notice.  We are praying that they will actually waive the interview but if not I'm sure they will reschedule it

Very glad to hear! I haven't read anything about it on the forum that anyone's interviews got cancelled/rescheduled when the snow storm hit since the field offices were all close so I was trying to wait patiently. Happy to see that they are slowly catching up though. Let's hope we'll get reschedule! I don't mind going in for an interview at all, just wanna get over it tbh. 😅

1 hour ago, Nyalimera said:

I feel for you guys, if all the pandemic stuff wasnt enough to get your interview cancelled because of weather is a real kick in the teeth !

Ive had to go through a cancellation too, they firstly tend to send you a letter about how they cancelled your interview (even though its in the past) then theyll send you a new date for interview (received within a month)

Timeline
20 hours ago, Sweetdreaming said:

I feel for you guys, if all the pandemic stuff wasnt enough to get your interview cancelled because of weather is a real kick in the teeth !

Ive had to go through a cancellation too, they firstly tend to send you a letter about how they cancelled your interview (even though its in the past) then theyll send you a new date for interview (received within a month)

Thank you for sharing! My status on the i-485 just updated back to "Ready to be scheduled", so I'm expecting some mail coming in. 😅

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Nyalimera said:

Thank you for sharing! My status on the i-485 just updated back to "Ready to be scheduled", so I'm expecting some mail coming in. 😅

Same here.  My status just changed to "Ready to be scheduled for an Interview", lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Our interview was on the 22nd Feb, it went seemingly well and I asked if i was approved at the end he jokingly said "you'll know it when you get it. But I dont see any reason for denial or any missing document" it wasn't a definite yes im still hoping lol case is still Interview was scheduled. Hoping to hear some news soon and hope you guys are all doing well and good luck everyone on the upcoming interviews :D I was over prepared and they didn't even ask for a quarter of what i brought with me.

8 hours ago, Amber and Shawn said:

Our interview was on the 22nd Feb, it went seemingly well and I asked if i was approved at the end he jokingly said "you'll know it when you get it. But I dont see any reason for denial or any missing document" it wasn't a definite yes im still hoping lol case is still Interview was scheduled. Hoping to hear some news soon and hope you guys are all doing well and good luck everyone on the upcoming interviews :D I was over prepared and they didn't even ask for a quarter of what i brought with me.

yeah it seems some officers are qualified to approve straight away, whilst others arent and have to get the file checked over from a superior.

10 hours ago, Amber and Shawn said:

Same, i had interview yesterday. No update on USCIS website. He Just gave us a under review paper. It makes me worried. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.