Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
12 hours ago, Amber and Shawn said:

I just got my combo card in the mail. It was unexpected i've been checking the status on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do and it hasnt updated

Where do you guys check status on? But yay! im excited. 😄

We use the USCIS case tracker app. It’s free in the App Store. The website was behind for us during the K1 visa process, but the app has been spot on. When my husband was approved, he checked the app that morning and it had the same status, but I checked it that night and it was updated with the approval. When he refreshed his app, it reflected the approval. So I would definitely download the app. He turned on his notifications as well, so now he gets a notification on his phone for any major updates. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, toosweetaggie said:

We use the USCIS case tracker app. It’s free in the App Store. The website was behind for us during the K1 visa process, but the app has been spot on. When my husband was approved, he checked the app that morning and it had the same status, but I checked it that night and it was updated with the approval. When he refreshed his app, it reflected the approval. So I would definitely download the app. He turned on his notifications as well, so now he gets a notification on his phone for any major updates. 

Is it the one by Aries Software Studio? Also thanks for the recommendation! 🥰

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Amber and Shawn said:

I don’t know. I just typed USCIS CaseTracker and it is the first one that pops up. I have an iPhone, but I’m sure it’s in other app stores as well. This is what it looks like in the Apple App Store.

08FC943D-5B65-4F81-AFAB-3524093E892E.jpeg

5 hours ago, Amber and Shawn said:

The iPhone one isn't on Android. I use that Aries one and it's good.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

really stupid question...now that we have combo card, when we travel domestically, does he still bring passport or just the card?  or both?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
12 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

really stupid question...now that we have combo card, when we travel domestically, does he still bring passport or just the card?  or both?

Combo card should be enough - technically to fly domestically you only really need a driver's license. I'd bring the passport just for peace of mind anyway, but it's not necessary. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, IH11 said:

Combo card should be enough - technically to fly domestically you only really need a driver's license. I'd bring the passport just for peace of mind anyway, but it's not necessary. 

he cant get drivers license yet or real ID because registry is closed due to COVID...but yes i think we will bring both.  Just present combo card to TSA then?  if they ask passport he has it

21 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

I would still bring passport to be safe!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

We have not gotten the social security card yet, so I called the SS office and they didn’t find anything under his name. Is this typical? 

Did anyone else not get a social with even checking the box on the form? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ozark said:

We have not gotten the social security card yet, so I called the SS office and they didn’t find anything under his name. Is this typical? 

Did anyone else not get a social with even checking the box on the form? 

We went in to the office and applied. Waited 2 weeks after receiving ead and nothing came to we just went in 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Comanutd33 said:

We went in to the office and applied. Waited 2 weeks after receiving ead and nothing came to we just went in 

Thank you, we are waiting on a callback from an USCIS officer but that could be forever. So I call the SS office again and they finally agreed to make an appointment. They will be calling back to set up an appointment for a face to face. :)

Timeline
On 6/9/2020 at 12:26 PM, Comanutd33 said:

How long did it take you after going into the office?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 6/9/2020 at 10:26 PM, Comanutd33 said:

How'd you get to the office? I thought they're closed.

Timeline

My husband is unable to apply for any jobs people are setting him up for, nor job fairs, because he doesn’t have his SSN. For those who recently received your EAD, how long did it take for you to get your SSN and is there anyway to get the number even without receiving the card immediately?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.