Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

Timeline
2 hours ago, UAreWhatuBecame said:

Many factors influence approvals including  your case being assigned to someone who may take more vacations, on FMLA leave or just lazy.

let’s hope the cases do not involve follow-up questions from a supervisor by the reviewing person or there would be another delay there too.

I am praying we all receive that reviewer who is speedy, organized and again, I mention it, very fast 🙂

We've had someone whos been on vacation since we first filed the k-1 apparently 😕

5 minutes ago, NJShoreMom said:

We've had someone whos been on vacation since we first filed the k-1 apparently 😕

I concur same with us!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

Any issues with flying to Hawaii while waiting on advanced parole ?   I am planning our next trip with the wife 🙂

1 hour ago, Kamali16 said:

We have an RFE as well. Hopefully it's something that is easily fixed.

Usually  an RFE at the AOS stage is one of three things birth certificates, marriage license or taxes that's  not saying what yours will be but research will show it's  a good bet that it's one of those three. This is not backed up with any facts. Bottom line is you'll  have to wait for the hard copy. Like you said hopefully it's easy.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Usually  an RFE at the AOS stage is one of three things birth certificates, marriage license or taxes that's  not saying what yours will be but research will show it's  a good bet that it's one of those three. This is not backed up with any facts. Bottom line is you'll  have to wait for the hard copy. Like you said hopefully it's easy.

That's good to know. All of those should be easy fixes. Let's say that it is the taxes that didn't show enough income for 2018, do you think it would be good enough then to send in the 2019 taxes, if they do show enough income? I'm gonna have my husband file them ASAP just in case it is that. He earned more than enough in 2018 but for some reason his income on his 2018 tax return form was extremely low. Not all his income is on his tax form because a very big Chunk of his income is non taxable (VA benefits).

Timeline

I don't know if this has already been asked so I apologize if I'm repeating someone's question. Does receiving an RFE for the I-485 also put the EAD application on hold? I would imagine the answer is yes, but I'm not 100% sure.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Kamali16 said:

That's good to know. All of those should be easy fixes. Let's say that it is the taxes that didn't show enough income for 2018, do you think it would be good enough then to send in the 2019 taxes, if they do show enough income? I'm gonna have my husband file them ASAP just in case it is that. He earned more than enough in 2018 but for some reason his income on his 2018 tax return form was extremely low. Not all his income is on his tax form because a very big Chunk of his income is non taxable (VA benefits).

Hey, I‘m definitely not an expert but here’s my thoughts: IF the RFE is for insufficient income that pretty much means they only look at the number on the tax form and ignore the VA benefits. In that case the 2019 tax document would only help you if the number shown is above the poverty line. If I were you I’d probably start asking around for a Co Sponsor just in case and I‘d probably use one either way. It’s not that much more effort and you’re on the safe(r) side :) My husbands income was way lower than usual in 2018 and even though we had tax forms well above the poverty line for 16 and 17 as well as a letter of the employer stating the current income plus a very good explanation for 2018 (living abroad etc) we decided to file with a joint sponsor. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, UAreWhatuBecame said:

Any issues with flying to Hawaii while waiting on advanced parole ?   I am planning our next trip with the wife 🙂

Shouldn’t be an issue if she has a passport with her married name on it or a passport with maiden name plus marriage certificate. It’s not any different than flying from let’s say California to Texas 🤷‍♀️😊 It’s not breaking any immigration rules and won’t affect the AOS, if anything the airlines could be weird about the married/maiden name thing. 

2 hours ago, Kamali16 said:

They look at the current tax year. After April 15th the current year will be 2019. If you have any doubts about your income then I would advise a co sponsor.

Citizenship Complete!

5 hours ago, UAreWhatuBecame said:

I flew to Hawaii and Alaska, and didn't have any problems. I used my DL.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Kat & K said:

Hey, I‘m definitely not an expert but here’s my thoughts: IF the RFE is for insufficient income that pretty much means they only look at the number on the tax form and ignore the VA benefits. In that case the 2019 tax document would only help you if the number shown is above the poverty line. If I were you I’d probably start asking around for a Co Sponsor just in case and I‘d probably use one either way. It’s not that much more effort and you’re on the safe(r) side :) My husbands income was way lower than usual in 2018 and even though we had tax forms well above the poverty line for 16 and 17 as well as a letter of the employer stating the current income plus a very good explanation for 2018 (living abroad etc) we decided to file with a joint sponsor. 

That sounds like a good plan. Thank you!

Timeline
7 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

They look at the current tax year. After April 15th the current year will be 2019. If you have any doubts about your income then I would advise a co sponsor.

Will do, thank you!

On 1/4/2020 at 4:47 PM, Misis O said:

Hi @Sarge2155! Nice to see you here

Not a good end of 2019 and start of the year for me in terms of my AOS application

Submitted 12/5/19

Delivered by USPS 12/9/19

Still no word, email, sms or credit card transaction from USCIS until now 😢

Have you heard anything surely you have now!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

We just got our RFIE (filed in late december) saying that we did not meet the income requirements and that we have to submit a joint sponsor. The thing is my husband (petitioner) makes 74,000 annually and we are a hosehold of two. I dont understand why we got this rfie and I am very confused. Please advise.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.