adityaag

I-751 November 2019 Filers

468 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Did you get a notification with "interview to be scheduled" in local office or letter that the case was transferred to NBC Lee's summit for the interview?

No I don’t think it was ever transferred and nothing was mentioned about where it would be scheduled, still patiently waiting for the letter to come...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 4:27 PM, EvieMN said:

Hi guys! Glad to see so many approvals already! 

Just checking back in after a tough year. Here’s a brief update from me:

I filed jointly with my spouse November 2019. 
We separated a few months after but didn’t file for a divorce until November 2020. 
I got a RFE in October so I used that to inform them that we’re going through a divorce. Also because I didn’t have any additional evidence to provide them with. 
My case was transferred to NBC in February and I got my interview notice a week ago - it will be on April 19th! 

I started working with a lawyer after I knew that we’d be going forward with the divorce. They helped me answer the RFE and will be accompanying me to the interview. 
My only concern is that I don’t have a divorce decree just yet. I have a hearing on Tuesday so hopefully it will be finalized then. 

Hey! how was your interview? 

On 4/7/2021 at 1:10 PM, Nattie_Bry said:

No I don’t think it was ever transferred and nothing was mentioned about where it would be scheduled, still patiently waiting for the letter to come...

Hey did you get a letter?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hi there! 
Just had my interview 4/19. Initially filed jointly but switched to divorce waiver. 
Not going to lie, it was pretty tough. The officer started with confirming everything on my application, then asked about how the relationship started and developed. She asked me questions about almost every piece of evidence in my file. Questions about my ex spouse, details about his/our life, about people from the photos I had provided. It had me extremely anxious and stressed but I was fully honest about everything including our separation. I explained why we didn’t have some of the common joint assets couples usually have. 
Towards the end, she asked if I had anything else to add. It sounded to me like she wasn’t very convinced with what I had so far. I was so stressed out at that point, that I forgot I had my affidavits from friends and my ex spouse with me! So I just gave her some extra photos and was on my way out haha. 
She said “Everything looks good with your application!” but I was still convinced she hated me. When we came out, my lawyer said that this particular officer is always pretty tough but she believed it went well. I was fully prepared to wait at least a month but the very next day I got a notification that my case was approved! 

05/24/2017 Entered the US on a J1 visa

10/10/2017 We got married!

10/27/2017 AOS Package sent via USPS - Chicago Lockbox

10/30/2017 Package delivered 

10/31/2017 Priority Date

11/07/2017 Received email and text notifications about all 4 forms

11/14/2017 Received hard copies of all 4 NOAs

11/21/2017 Received biometrics appointment notice scheduled for 11/29

12/15/2017 Interview notice - interview is scheduled for January 19th! Holy #$%^ that's less than 3 months from PD!

01/02/2018 EAD + AP approved

01/16/2018 Combo card delivered

01/19/2018 Interview - recommended for approval

01/22/2018 New card is being produced :dance:

UBtw.png

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rasyidah said:

What happens if our extended gc expires and I'm not approved yet? Mine expires june 27.

You call costumer service to schedule an info pass appointment at your local office to get an I-551 stamp on your passport.

Hi there! For whoever that is on the same situation as me.

I never received the biometrics letter (thought it wasn't a big deal because I read they could use your biometrics form the Green Card) and decided to call USCIS to check on my case and get an extension/document that will show that I am still a permanent resident. They told me they sent a biometrics appointment letter a few months after the application but I never received it (yikes).  Also, they have my information related to the I 751 wrong, like SSN and birth date, but only for that form, good on my general file.

Anyways, since I called USCIS to get an info pass, it took three weeks until I went to my appointment and they also sent me a new biometrics letter. In the first call they tell you to wait for their call in a couple of weeks, then they set up the appointment.

Everything went smooth (I am at Chicago, they were great and super nice) and I got my case updated and an official document saying I am a permanent resident for another 12 months.

I just got the biometrics done, over a week ago. Anyone that knows of a similar case? I wonder if they don't touch your case until they have the biometrics, which would put me at the end of the queue, or if I am still at the same estimated time as anyone else.

Let me know if you know of a similar case. I will update my case here in case this can help someone else!

I am LIN.

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Any updates from anyone? I have been patiently waiting for my letter for an interview as well.. every time I submit a enquiry, the only response I got was "USCIS has reviewed your Service Request.  According to USCIS records, your file is at the ***** Field Office, and your petition is in the processing stage.  You will be notified once your interview date has been scheduled.  We apologize for any inconvenience caused by delays in processing."

SO FRUSTRATING...

But nothing can be done right now... just another waiting game.. my extension will end on July 30th, 2021 as well.. so i will have to apply set up for appt to get an I-551 ADIT stamp soon.. :(

Any advise or updates from anyone please share.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Logged in and pleasantly surprised -- new card ordered and case approved! Located in San Francisco Bay Area. N-400 still pending.

June 23, 2021 Case Was Approved
June 22, 2021 We ordered your new card.
December 1, 2020 We transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, to another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case.
November 30, 2020 Your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, was transferred to another USCIS office.
November 9, 2020 N-400 filed online.
July 11, 2020 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, were taken.
November 12, 2019 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.
Edited by franklinroosevelt

On 6/23/2021 at 3:13 PM, franklinroosevelt said:

Logged in and pleasantly surprised -- new card ordered and case approved! Located in San Francisco Bay Area. N-400 still pending.

June 23, 2021 Case Was Approved
June 22, 2021 We ordered your new card.
December 1, 2020 We transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, to another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case.
November 30, 2020 Your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, was transferred to another USCIS office.
November 9, 2020 N-400 filed online.
July 11, 2020 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, were taken.
November 12, 2019 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

Again, pleasantly surprised myself. I got an email from USCIS for new card production today, June 25th. I scheduled an InfoPass appointment in the beginning of June to get a stamp on my passport, and got it done yesterday, since my extension was expiring next month. 

N-400 still pending. 

On 6/25/2021 at 1:01 PM, DragonBallZee said:

Again, pleasantly surprised myself. I got an email from USCIS for new card production today, June 25th. I scheduled an InfoPass appointment in the beginning of June to get a stamp on my passport, and got it done yesterday, since my extension was expiring next month. 

N-400 still pending. 

Congrats!

Same here. Mine was approved on 6/23. I didn't get a text and only found out from Informed Delivery. They sent an I-797 approval letter and GC will be arriving within 60 days. N-400 still pending. I had called them earlier this week because my 180 day grace had long expired and my CA drivers license was also expiring! I'm sure it's just coincidence, though :)

Filed I-130 + I485 Priority Mail: 10/13/2017

Received by USCIS / Priority date: 10/17/2017

NOA1 Text/Emails: 10/25/2017

NOA1 Received by Mail: 10/30/2017

Biometrics Appt Notice by Mail: 11/3/2017

Biometrics Appt: 11/15/2017

Interview Appt Notice by Mail: 1/8/2018

I-485 Case Status Updated Online to 'Interview is Scheduled': 1/9/2018

Interview Appt: 2/7/2018

'Further Review' indicated after Interview: 2/7/2018

I-131 Case Status Updated Online to 'Case Was Approved': 2/8/2018

I-765 Case Status Updated Online to 'Card Was Mailed To Me': 2/8/2018

I-485 Case Status Updated Online to 'New Card Is Being Produced': 2/8/2018

I-797 (Approval) for I-131 + I-765 Received by Mail: 2/9/2018

EAD/AP Combo Card Received by Mail: 2/10/2018

I-485 Case Status Updated Online to 'Card Was Mailed To Me': 2/13/2018

US Permanent Resident Card Received by Mail: 2/16/2018

Filed I-751 Priority Mail: 11/5/2019

NOA1 Text/Emails: 11/13/2019

NOA1 Received by Mail: 11/19/2019

Green card (CR-6) expired: 2/8/2020

Received I-751 biometrics waiver by mail: 7/9/2020

Filed N-400 electronically: 11/10/2020

I-751 'Case was transferred' (to NBC11/17/2020

Received N-400 biometrics waiver by mail: 12/14/2020

I-751 I-797 approval notice received: 6/28/2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

NOA1 Nov 5, 2019.  YSC Service Center.  Card being produced email today.  No interview.  N-400 was filed beggining of Nov 2020.  Good luck to all still waiting.

Just one more step.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.