adityaag

I-751 November 2019 Filers

468 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
On 9/20/2021 at 6:24 PM, Rosa Garcia said:

Congrats!

Which service center did you initially file?

Was your case transferred to NBC?

What is your local office?

Thank you!

It was in Nebraska service center

Local office in Chicago IL

• 1 month later...
Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Woke up to an update saying my interview is scheduled!!! No idea when though, will there be more info in the Notice when it arrives in the mail?

How long is it does it usually take after the interview to get the GC? Assuming the interview goes well...this has been almost 6 years in the making so it better go well 🤣

18 minutes ago, rasyidah said:

Woke up to an update saying my interview is scheduled!!! No idea when though, will there be more info in the Notice when it arrives in the mail?

How long is it does it usually take after the interview to get the GC? Assuming the interview goes well...this has been almost 6 years in the making so it better go well 🤣

Congrats! Did you mean you waited for 6years for the I751 interview?

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
Just now, LynetteMN said:

Congrats! Did you mean you waited for 6years for the I751 interview?

I mean, since the first 2 yr GC, then this 10yr one.. it's a long time coming! But I waited a year to finally be scheduled an interview.

11 minutes ago, rasyidah said:

I mean, since the first 2 yr GC, then this 10yr one.. it's a long time coming! But I waited a year to finally be scheduled an interview.

That's great! Good for you. Congrats!
I've waited for 2 years now and still waiting..... LOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Still waiting here too. Applied Nov 2019. Biometrics done dec and Jan for some reason. Ready for interview Feb 2021. Infopass appt done July 2021 good for a year. I am with MSC dealing with Orlando office. Enjoy the ride friends ❤

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/30/2021 at 10:58 AM, lottles said:

Still waiting here too. Applied Nov 2019. Biometrics done dec and Jan for some reason. Ready for interview Feb 2021. Infopass appt done July 2021 good for a year. I am with MSC dealing with Orlando office. Enjoy the ride friends ❤

Received 24 month extension letter which expires next month lol. 551 stamp still good till July 2022. Glad I am in no hurry.....

3 hours ago, lottles said:

Received 24 month extension letter which expires next month lol. 551 stamp still good till July 2022. Glad I am in no hurry.....

Hi @lottles

I received an 24months extension letter too and same with you, it'll expired next month as well.. :( I was so excited that we got a mail from USCIS, but realized it was a for nothing!

So frustrating.. 

Did they took your conditional green card when you went and got your 551 stamp?

Edited by LynetteMN

Timeline
3 hours ago, LynetteMN said:

Hi @lottles

I received an 24months extension letter too and same with you, it'll expired next month as well.. :( I was so excited that we got a mail from USCIS, but realized it was a for nothing!

So frustrating.. 

Did they took your conditional green card when you went and got your 551 stamp?

They did not take my green card. The stamp I got though is in a now expired canada passport. So now I can't renew till i get my 10 yr card. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 12/28/2021 at 3:06 PM, lottles said:

They did not take my green card. The stamp I got though is in a now expired canada passport. So now I can't renew till i get my 10 yr card. 

Might have to travel to Canada so I took a chance and renewed passport with request to have old one returned. Should have it back in time for next 551 stamp lol. Sigh.

14 hours ago, lottles said:

Might have to travel to Canada so I took a chance and renewed passport with request to have old one returned. Should have it back in time for next 551 stamp lol. Sigh.

Sigh.. such a ridiculous long process.. I am still waiting as well.. My Info pass stamp will expire in Aug this year... the clock is ticking and no news whatsoever.. I'm so tempted to just go to a lawyer and have them handle everything from here.. :(

Timeline
1 hour ago, LynetteMN said:

Sigh.. such a ridiculous long process.. I am still waiting as well.. My Info pass stamp will expire in Aug this year... the clock is ticking and no news whatsoever.. I'm so tempted to just go to a lawyer and have them handle everything from here.. :(

It is long. And I question myself at times wondering why I am fretting the wait lol. Nothing changes. One can work. One can travel. One can live with one's spouse and shop and cook and argue and love lol. And yet....come on already! 😂

Ugh. Not sure what a lawyer can do for you. You did the hard part already yourself. If I have to drive every year to Orlando for a stamp then so be it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.