adityaag

I-751 November 2019 Filers

468 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, lottles said:

It is long. And I question myself at times wondering why I am fretting the wait lol. Nothing changes. One can work. One can travel. One can live with one's spouse and shop and cook and argue and love lol. And yet....come on already! 😂

Ugh. Not sure what a lawyer can do for you. You did the hard part already yourself. If I have to drive every year to Orlando for a stamp then so be it. 

I absolutely agree with you.. Lol 😄
I know lawyer sometimes can't help much, but I'm just tired of the wait.. and the silent treatments.. :(

Hopefully we will hear something back soon.. 🤞

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, lottles said:

Would you look at that....got THE email today that I shall have an interview letter coming! 28 months since I filed. MSC. Orlando office has movement lol. 

Congratulations! That's awesome!! I'm so happy for you! 🥳

Nothing for me yet... :( 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, LynetteMN said:

Congratulations! That's awesome!! I'm so happy for you! 🥳

Nothing for me yet... :( 

Our paths are quite similiar.. I feel optimistic! But it all depends on your local office. Crossing fingers and toes for you. And thank you !

15 minutes ago, lottles said:

Our paths are quite similiar.. I feel optimistic! But it all depends on your local office. Crossing fingers and toes for you. And thank you !

Thank you! I really hope so too.. Been waiting for 2 years and 4 months.. not sure how long more i'll have to wait.. 
I hope the interview will be smooth and easy for you as well. ;) 

Timeline
On 3/9/2022 at 12:04 PM, LynetteMN said:

Thank you! I really hope so too.. Been waiting for 2 years and 4 months.. not sure how long more i'll have to wait.. 
I hope the interview will be smooth and easy for you as well. ;) 

29 months will be my wait as well. Letter arrived and interview date is in Orlando on April 26th. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2021 at 12:45 PM, alicekitty said:

@LynetteMN No worries. First, check your case processing time. If it is outside the "normal" time frame (as they announced) then you can file a petition at https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt

Check case processing time here https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Hope you get your case approved soon. It's so frustrating, the long wait. I can totally understand. 

Thanks for sharing I submitted a request. Do you know how long it takes to receive a response? My wife i-751 filing was May 2019 and was ready for interview schedule at San Fran FO since Sept 2019.

On 7/9/2021 at 8:58 AM, alicekitty said:

We filed our I-751 in November 2019. Got the receipt / extension letter in December 2019. Fingerprinting in February 2020. No news after that. Frustrating wait.

On June 20, 2021, we filed a request with USCIS to review our case because our timeline is outside of their normal time frame (very late!). Finally on July 6, 2021 we were told the ten-year green card has been approved. On July 9, 2021 the card arrived in the mail, phew!

We filed our N-400 in November 2020. Biometrics appointment waived (they said they can re-use existing ones). No further news yet.

Congratulations!!! Can you share your field office location? My wife has MSC and our FO is San Francisco. 

On 6/23/2021 at 3:13 PM, franklinroosevelt said:

Logged in and pleasantly surprised -- new card ordered and case approved! Located in San Francisco Bay Area. N-400 still pending.

June 23, 2021 Case Was Approved
June 22, 2021 We ordered your new card.
December 1, 2020 We transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, to another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case.
November 30, 2020 Your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, was transferred to another USCIS office.
November 9, 2020 N-400 filed online.
July 11, 2020 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, were taken.
November 12, 2019 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

Congratulations!!! My wife I-751 was filed in May 2019 and been waiting for an interview since Sept 2019. She filled N-400 on May 2020. Seems your interview was waived and wanted to know if you had your original Interview in the US unlike with my wife was at the consulate. Any info you share will be appreciated especially since you are also from the bay area!

Timeline

Interview completed!

Scheduled time for appointment was 9:55am. We arrived for 15 minutes early as requested and waited till nearly 11am to be called. We were out the door 7 minutes later. Very laid back gentleman swore us in, asked why I had 2 different first names (going through name change) and if we had anything new we wanted to present. We gave only this years filed taxes and last years house refinance and car purchase. The remainder of the time was spent with him explaining what happens next.

By the time we reached our car my text dinged to "card being produced". 

Filed November 2019 and interview was at Orlando office. Interview was ready to be scheduled February 2021 and was scheduled for today in the beginning of March 2022.

Being over prepared made us feel better but I now look forward to saving memories by choice and not necessity! 

Good Luck Everyone

13 hours ago, lottles said:

Interview completed!

Scheduled time for appointment was 9:55am. We arrived for 15 minutes early as requested and waited till nearly 11am to be called. We were out the door 7 minutes later. Very laid back gentleman swore us in, asked why I had 2 different first names (going through name change) and if we had anything new we wanted to present. We gave only this years filed taxes and last years house refinance and car purchase. The remainder of the time was spent with him explaining what happens next.

By the time we reached our car my text dinged to "card being produced". 

Filed November 2019 and interview was at Orlando office. Interview was ready to be scheduled February 2021 and was scheduled for today in the beginning of March 2022.

Being over prepared made us feel better but I now look forward to saving memories by choice and not necessity! 

Good Luck Everyone

•  

Congratulations @lottles!!! So glad that its all set and done for you!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Still nothing from my end.. still waiting.... :( 

Good luck in your next journey!! :) 

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

It's been awhile... anyone has any updates on their I-751 filed in Nov 2019, case number start with LIN ??? At first we filed at Nebraska (2019), then they transferred to NBC (2020), then I called them last month saying that it was back to Nebraska, called again a week after now it's back to NBC.. Is this a game? I really dont know.......
Nothing from my end as well... Just got another ADIT I-551 Stamp on my passport again last week for another 1 year extension...
I just want my GC... and move forward.... from this craziness... this is so frustrating... :(

16 hours ago, LynetteMN said:

Hi there,

It's been awhile... anyone has any updates on their I-751 filed in Nov 2019, case number start with LIN ??? At first we filed at Nebraska (2019), then they transferred to NBC (2020), then I called them last month saying that it was back to Nebraska, called again a week after now it's back to NBC.. Is this a game? I really dont know.......
Nothing from my end as well... Just got another ADIT I-551 Stamp on my passport again last week for another 1 year extension...
I just want my GC... and move forward.... from this craziness... this is so frustrating... :(

We are still waiting and has been 38 months since we filed i-751 and been waiting for interview schedule since September 2019. Our case was outside processing on June 28 and we filed an inquiry with USCIS and Senator on June 29. It is very frustrating and we are thinking of hiring a lawyer to sue USCIS if we don't here anything by August 2022.

1 hour ago, hasmax80 said:

We are still waiting and has been 38 months since we filed i-751 and been waiting for interview schedule since September 2019. Our case was outside processing on June 28 and we filed an inquiry with USCIS and Senator on June 29. It is very frustrating and we are thinking of hiring a lawyer to sue USCIS if we don't here anything by August 2022.

It is really frustrating.. We went to a lawyer recently to ask what can be done to get the USCIS to work on our case.. and his advise is to wait... he said the USCIS gets hundreds of legal letter a day, and he don't think it will change much.. 
I also submitted a few inquiries to USCIS since April 2022, no response as well..
Not sure what else can we do.. I have not been home since Covid happened and I miss my family and friends.. I'm planning to go back next year.. fingers crossed I will get my GC by then.. but i doubt it...

Good luck to you..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.