We got notification that USPS has picked up the card. Should be here tuesday

YSC

No interview

N-400 is pending (DEC 2020)

I-551 stamp 6/3

N-400 interview scheduled. got notification 7/7

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We filed our I-751 in November 2019. Got the receipt / extension letter in December 2019. Fingerprinting in February 2020. No news after that. Frustrating wait.

On June 20, 2021, we filed a request with USCIS to review our case because our timeline is outside of their normal time frame (very late!). Finally on July 6, 2021 we were told the ten-year green card has been approved. On July 9, 2021 the card arrived in the mail, phew!

We filed our N-400 in November 2020. Biometrics appointment waived (they said they can re-use existing ones). No further news yet.

On 7/9/2021 at 10:58 AM, alicekitty said:

We filed our I-751 in November 2019. Got the receipt / extension letter in December 2019. Fingerprinting in February 2020. No news after that. Frustrating wait.

On June 20, 2021, we filed a request with USCIS to review our case because our timeline is outside of their normal time frame (very late!). Finally on July 6, 2021 we were told the ten-year green card has been approved. On July 9, 2021 the card arrived in the mail, phew!

We filed our N-400 in November 2020. Biometrics appointment waived (they said they can re-use existing ones). No further news yet.

Hi @alicekitty, first of all, congratulations on your approval!
Your timeline and my timeline are the same.. can i know how did you file for a request for your case to be reviewed?

I'm getting really frustrated just waiting with no answers... :(

Thanks for you help.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/12/2021 at 4:42 PM, LynetteMN said:

Hi @alicekitty, first of all, congratulations on your approval!
Your timeline and my timeline are the same.. can i know how did you file for a request for your case to be reviewed?

I'm getting really frustrated just waiting with no answers... :(

Thanks for you help.

@LynetteMN No worries. First, check your case processing time. If it is outside the "normal" time frame (as they announced) then you can file a petition at https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt

Check case processing time here https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Hope you get your case approved soon. It's so frustrating, the long wait. I can totally understand. 

4 minutes ago, alicekitty said:

@LynetteMN No worries. First, check your case processing time. If it is outside the "normal" time frame (as they announced) then you can file a petition at https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt

Check case processing time here https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Hope you get your case approved soon. It's so frustrating, the long wait. I can totally understand. 

Hi @alicekitty

Thanks for the information.
I tried that and I think they blocked me from submitting inquiry...

As I mentioned, my case timeline is quite similar to yours..

Submit I-751 - Nov 2019

Got extension within the same month
Got letter for biometric finger print in Feb 2020

Oct 2020 - got a online notification that case was approved and card was being produced... No NOA.. NO card received... within the same month they updated the notification to case being transferred to another service center... no news after that...

Nov 2020 - called them and asked for updates.. got the same answer to what I can already see online... asked case to be be escalated..

Dec 2020 - someone called me back and told me that my case was closed and they are reopening it... I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean..

Jan and Apr 2021 - I submitted an inquiry again.. and they told me case is being processed at my local field office and interview is needed.. again all this are just emails and not a letter of NOA.

My extension is expiring end of July 2021 and I called earlier this month to scheduled a appointment for extension stamp I-551 and they said someone will call back within 20days.. and today is the last day.. still no updates.... nothing...

For the past few months I have been trying to submit inquiry on my case.. and they keep telling me my case is within the processing time and not allowing me to..

It is 20months and 2 weeks now.. that's a long time...

I'm losing my mind and not sure what else to do.. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/22/2021 at 4:07 PM, LynetteMN said:

Hi @alicekitty

Thanks for the information.
I tried that and I think they blocked me from submitting inquiry...

As I mentioned, my case timeline is quite similar to yours..

Submit I-751 - Nov 2019

Got extension within the same month
Got letter for biometric finger print in Feb 2020

Oct 2020 - got a online notification that case was approved and card was being produced... No NOA.. NO card received... within the same month they updated the notification to case being transferred to another service center... no news after that...

Nov 2020 - called them and asked for updates.. got the same answer to what I can already see online... asked case to be be escalated..

Dec 2020 - someone called me back and told me that my case was closed and they are reopening it... I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean..

Jan and Apr 2021 - I submitted an inquiry again.. and they told me case is being processed at my local field office and interview is needed.. again all this are just emails and not a letter of NOA.

My extension is expiring end of July 2021 and I called earlier this month to scheduled a appointment for extension stamp I-551 and they said someone will call back within 20days.. and today is the last day.. still no updates.... nothing...

For the past few months I have been trying to submit inquiry on my case.. and they keep telling me my case is within the processing time and not allowing me to..

It is 20months and 2 weeks now.. that's a long time...

I'm losing my mind and not sure what else to do.. :(

Hi @LynetteMN I am so sorry they blocked your inquiry. I am genuinely baffled. Have you considered hiring a lawyer? 

Looks like your case is different from ours, because you did receive a notice your card is being produced. We did not. We heard nothing. More baffling is that you received another notification that your case was transferred to another service center. Why? I can't begin to fathom. What happened to the green card that was produced? Lost in the mail? 

I simply used that link to submit a query and they did accept my query and soon produced the green card. 

However, in your case, I would first investigate that first online notification: "case was approved and card was being produced."

Can you file a new query not regarding a case outside processing time but regarding green card lost in the mail? 

See this form https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDCForm.do?entryPoint=init

I feel like this may be a recourse for you. Just my two cents. 

Hi @alicekitty

Thank you so much for your input.

I think someone made the decision to produced the card too early, and then decided to change their mind on our case.

That's why our case was reopened, we called them a few times and asked why.. but no one can give us a straight answer.

I don't think the card was ever produced in the first place, so we cant submit a request for card lost in mail.

I just got my passport stamped for I-551 today... so we are back to the waiting game....

3 hours ago, alicekitty said:

Hi @LynetteMN I am so sorry they blocked your inquiry. I am genuinely baffled. Have you considered hiring a lawyer? 

Looks like your case is different from ours, because you did receive a notice your card is being produced. We did not. We heard nothing. More baffling is that you received another notification that your case was transferred to another service center. Why? I can't begin to fathom. What happened to the green card that was produced? Lost in the mail? 

I simply used that link to submit a query and they did accept my query and soon produced the green card. 

However, in your case, I would first investigate that first online notification: "case was approved and card was being produced."

Can you file a new query not regarding a case outside processing time but regarding green card lost in the mail? 

See this form https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDCForm.do?entryPoint=init

I feel like this may be a recourse for you. Just my two cents. 

Timeline
On 8/5/2021 at 3:32 PM, LynetteMN said:

Hi @alicekitty

Thank you so much for your input.

I think someone made the decision to produced the card too early, and then decided to change their mind on our case.

That's why our case was reopened, we called them a few times and asked why.. but no one can give us a straight answer.

I don't think the card was ever produced in the first place, so we cant submit a request for card lost in mail.

I just got my passport stamped for I-551 today... so we are back to the waiting game....

Hi @LynetteMN So relieved to hear you got your I-551 stamp. What a relief. A small step forward. It's baffling indeed why they'd close your case (meaning green card mailed) and then reopen it. Wishing you all the best. 

Greetings.

To all whose waiting on interview to be scheduled, we got an update today that a schedule letter will be mailed, guess I’m just gonna call to find out exact date tomorrow. 

Extension letter expires in 10 days lol

On 8/16/2021 at 4:04 PM, Rosa Garcia said:

That's great I'm happy for you!

Can you provide the timeline please?

How long did you wait for an interview since you got a letter from USCIS?

Thank you!

USCIS received case in Dec 2019

Biometric taken in Jan 2020

Notification of interview to be scheduled March 2021

Interview date Sep 2021

Even tho it takes forever for the interview to happen the timeline has been 18months before Covid, not so bad in my opinion..

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

i751 waiver

Filed November 2019

no Biometrics

Case ready to be scheduled for interview January 2021

My documents expired in July

Interview scheduled July 28 / for Sept. 10th

Case approved Sept 17th

After almost 2 years wait time its over finally. 

1 hour ago, milan90 said:

i751 waiver

Filed November 2019

no Biometrics

Case ready to be scheduled for interview January 2021

My documents expired in July

Interview scheduled July 28 / for Sept. 10th

Case approved Sept 17th

After almost 2 years wait time its over finally. 

Congrats!

Which service center did you initially file?

Was your case transferred to NBC?

What is your local office?

Thank you!

Applied mid November 2019

Biometrics waived May 2020

Interview scheduled July 2021

Interview September 2021

Was told everything is good but my biometrics has expired so I needed to redo it. Forgot to ask about the waiver from may 2020. Told me there were no appointments for biometrics as she tried to book me one. But will continue to try. Said biometrics will probably be in October. I asked her about stamp she said it's up to me but I wouldn't bother as It will take about as long as it will take to get my 10 year card. 

Been 7 days since interview. Status is still interview has been scheduled. Hopefully my file hasnt been lost in the void. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.