adityaag

I-751 November 2019 Filers

468 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, LynetteMN said:

It is really frustrating.. We went to a lawyer recently to ask what can be done to get the USCIS to work on our case.. and his advise is to wait... he said the USCIS gets hundreds of legal letter a day, and he don't think it will change much.. 
I also submitted a few inquiries to USCIS since April 2022, no response as well..
Not sure what else can we do.. I have not been home since Covid happened and I miss my family and friends.. I'm planning to go back next year.. fingers crossed I will get my GC by then.. but i doubt it...

Good luck to you..

Thanks for the information. I guess we have nothing else to do but wait. Good luck to you too.

• 10 months later...
10 minutes ago, LynetteMN said:

Hello anyone got any updates for I751 Nov 2019 submission?
I have not heard anything back at all since 2022. 

Wow that is truly scary. Did you apply for N-400? I would imagine most of folks in this thread already got their 10 year Green Cards or naturalized.

16 hours ago, OldUser said:

Wow that is truly scary. Did you apply for N-400? I would imagine most of folks in this thread already got their 10 year Green Cards or naturalized.

Yes, it is scary and frustrating.

No, I have not applied for N-400 yet. and no I have not received my 10 years green card yet... :( Still waiting for a response... 3 years 6months and counting....

Anyone has any advice on how do you get your field office to look at the 1751, other than proceeding with N400 will be much appreciated.

Thank you!

18 minutes ago, LynetteMN said:

Yes, it is scary and frustrating.

No, I have not applied for N-400 yet. and no I have not received my 10 years green card yet... :( Still waiting for a response... 3 years 6months and counting....

Anyone has any advice on how do you get your field office to look at the 1751, other than proceeding with N400 will be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Writ of Mandamus is an option if you don't plan to naturalize.

What does online status say? Did you file with divorce waiver?

Edited by OldUser

23 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Writ of Mandamus is an option if you don't plan to naturalize.

What does online status say? Did you file with divorce waiver?

How do you send in a Writ of Mandamus? Do I need to hire a lawyer to do that?
Last online status was back in Oct 2022, stating "Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken"..
No divorce waivers. We are very happily married.

Edited by LynetteMN

2 minutes ago, LynetteMN said:

How do you send in a Writ of Mandamus? Do I need to hire a lawyer to do that?

If I was in your shoes, I would hire a lawyer for this. It's not a straightforward process and most of people use professional help.

However, here's DIY instructions :

3 minutes ago, OldUser said:

If I was in your shoes, I would hire a lawyer for this. It's not a straightforward process and most of people use professional help.

However, here's DIY instructions :

Got it, thank you!

• 7 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Anyone else from the November 2019 filers still waiting?

We have reached pretty much the end of the rope when it comes to wait time. We do have a couple of things in life that need me to have my conditions removed and my physical card in hand at this time.

We did contact our Senator and they made an inquiry on our behalf, but all that came back is that it is ready to be scheduled for an interview (which we knew and can see online and it has been ready since Feb 2021) and that they do not provide processing times for I-751.

Case was initially in Lincoln, NE then transferred to Lee's Summit and then to Denver (which is our closest field office).

9 minutes ago, ChrisMcFisch said:

We have reached pretty much the end of the rope when it comes to wait time. We do have a couple of things in life that need me to have my conditions removed and my physical card in hand at this time.

We did contact our Senator and they made an inquiry on our behalf, but all that came back is that it is ready to be scheduled for an interview (which we knew and can see online and it has been ready since Feb 2021) and that they do not provide processing times for I-751.

Case was initially in Lincoln, NE then transferred to Lee's Summit and then to Denver (which is our closest field office).

That's insane. At this point you may want to try to:

- File N-400

- File Writ of Mandamus to sue USCIS for decision.

If you need decision rather urgently, then option #2 is preferable, though more expensive if done with the lawyer ($5-10k).

42 minutes ago, ChrisMcFisch said:

Hi Chris, I'm still waiting as well.. submitted 751 since Nov 2019.. got an update on Oct 2022 stating that they used the biometrics. nothing since then.. like you we did everything from submitting request online, to asking help from senators, to seeking a lawyer's advice.. nothing worked.. all they do is ask you why don't you apply for citizenship when you already can? And to wait... The latest I-551 stamp I got is on a i-94 paper.. which is another joke.. Our case was originally sent to NBC then transferred to local office and now it's just sitting there building spider webs.. I doubt they are doing anything about it at all.. 

I'm tempted to do the mandamus but we don't have 5-10k sitting around just for this..

sorry that this won't be much of help.. just me venting as well..

if you're looking to travel, the i551 stamp will get you back in the country.. I've used them a few times traveling now..

59 minutes ago, LynetteMN said:

Hi Chris, I'm still waiting as well.. submitted 751 since Nov 2019.. got an update on Oct 2022 stating that they used the biometrics. nothing since then.. like you we did everything from submitting request online, to asking help from senators, to seeking a lawyer's advice.. nothing worked.. all they do is ask you why don't you apply for citizenship when you already can? And to wait... The latest I-551 stamp I got is on a i-94 paper.. which is another joke.. Our case was originally sent to NBC then transferred to local office and now it's just sitting there building spider webs.. I doubt they are doing anything about it at all.. 

I'm tempted to do the mandamus but we don't have 5-10k sitting around just for this..

sorry that this won't be much of help.. just me venting as well..

if you're looking to travel, the i551 stamp will get you back in the country.. I've used them a few times traveling now..

WoM is the cure

Timeline

@LynetteMN Our cases follow the exact same pattern, the last online update is that the fingerprints were added to the case in October 2022 (after it said it was ready for interview since Feb 03 2021)
(They were taken in December of 2020 - initially scheduled for late March 2020, but the country was shut down at that time, so they rescheduled them for that December.)

I have had a number of extension letters, I-551 stamps in the passport, and same here, now I have this piece of paper (I-94) where they actually even got the typing of the I-751 wrong, it reads 1-751...

@OldUser Thanks. We will look into a WoM.
Naturalization does not work for me, unfortunately. Austria generally does not allow dual citizenship and will all my family being in Austria I am not willing to give up the EU passport just yet. Covid showed that sometimes that's the only way to get back for a visit.
Will read up on a Writ of Mandamus.

Thank you, both!

8 minutes ago, ChrisMcFisch said:

@LynetteMN Our cases follow the exact same pattern, the last online update is that the fingerprints were added to the case in October 2022 (after it said it was ready for interview since Feb 03 2021)
(They were taken in December of 2020 - initially scheduled for late March 2020, but the country was shut down at that time, so they rescheduled them for that December.)

I have had a number of extension letters, I-551 stamps in the passport, and same here, now I have this piece of paper (I-94) where they actually even got the typing of the I-751 wrong, it reads 1-751...

@OldUser Thanks. We will look into a WoM.
Naturalization does not work for me, unfortunately. Austria generally does not allow dual citizenship and will all my family being in Austria I am not willing to give up the EU passport just yet. Covid showed that sometimes that's the only way to get back for a visit.
Will read up on a Writ of Mandamus.

Thank you, both!

Yeah, unfortunately, it is the same pattern. :( I read on some other forum some people who submitted their cases in 2021 and 2022 already got approved, which pisses me off... :( Why aren't they looking at cases in 2019??
Same here. Naturalization is not an option for me because I can't hold dual citizenship...
Here is an article on how you can submit the Mandamus yourself. Hope this helps.

Timeline

@LynetteMN Our immigration liaison with the Senator's office mentioned the option of filing for an expedite request, but thinks we don't have enough to prove the need for it.
However, USCIS claims to review and deal with these things in the order they are received. So how is it not a clear error on their end, when they process cases from later years and ours sit there, despite never having gotten a request for additional information, etc.

Since you spoke to lawyers, did you discuss any of this with them? Would be curious to hear what they think.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.