MariellJoes

Important reasons to expedite a visa process? Nebraska center

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Question regards I-130:

Hey everyone! 

Did anyone get their visa processed through the Nebraska center? If so, how long did it take you to get approved? 

I thought mine was being processed in Texas but I just found out it’s going to process through Nebraska which means instead of my visa taking around 6-7 months it will take min. 12.9 and max. 16.9 months to get approved. they started processing it 3 weeks ago. 

What are reasons to get expedited? I live in Germany (not an European citizen) and my German visa expires in September 2020. Only way to get my visa here extended is to get a work contract. And no place will give me a work contract for 3-5 months.. besides in Germany you have to quit everything (house, contracts, etc) 3 months prior... now I’m super worried because going back to my country is not an option as the interview will be here and the visa will be sent to Germany. Plus they closed the American embassy in my country😓

I’m freaking out 😭

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You circumstances do not warrant an expedite.  Even if there is no Embassy in your country of citizenship, there will be a nearby Consulate assigned to deal with immigrant visa applications from your country.  For example, Mozambique applicants interview in Johannesburg.  Iranians have a choice of Ankara or Abu Dhabi.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
53 minutes ago, MariellJoes said:

my country is not an option as the interview will be here and the visa will be sent to Germany.

You can have the interview moved if you are no longer a resident of Germany. It seems Bogota will be responsible for handling visas for Venezuelans.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/20190226_us-embassy-in-bogota-processing-venezuelan-immigrant-visas.html

Timeline

I mean that’s really not an option for me as my home country is very dangerous to live in and there’s an economical war going on and I have nothing or no one left in there.. that’s why I’m trying to avoid going back there and doing everything in Germany where I am safe

32 minutes ago, MariellJoes said:

I mean that’s really not an option for me as my home country is very dangerous to live in and there’s an economical war going on and I have nothing or no one left in there.. that’s why I’m trying to avoid going back there and doing everything in Germany where I am safe

Where is your home country?

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Timeline
39 minutes ago, JFH said:

There are other people applying from Venezuela who have not been granted an expedite and they are waiting in Venezuela itself, not the safety of Europe. Prior to the travel ban, when Syrians were able to obtain visas, there was no expedite for them either, despite the civil war. 

I’m not saying your situation isn’t difficult. I’m saying it’s not unique. 

What is your status in Germany? 

Read your past posts. You’re a dual national - Venezuela and Colombia. There’s your answer. 

Yes that I know. But most of the Venezuelans who are applying for visas have lived there all their life or didn’t have a chanc to leave the country. I did so for my own safety Id rather stay here and do the entire process from Germany. 

I am a student in germany, as I said I have the option to find a job afterwards and extend my German visa that way while I wait for my spouse visa, but if I do this I need to sign a one year work contract and if I only have six months to enter the country after visa is issued this really makes no sense to me 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, JFH said:

There are other people applying from Venezuela who have not been granted an expedite and they are waiting in Venezuela itself, not the safety of Europe. Prior to the travel ban, when Syrians were able to obtain visas, there was no expedite for them either, despite the civil war. 

I’m not saying your situation isn’t difficult. I’m saying it’s not unique. 

What is your status in Germany? 

Read your past posts. You’re a dual national - Venezuela and Colombia. There’s your answer. 

I have never lived in Colombia or know anyone there. Only reason why I have the citizenship is because my country has stopped renewing our passports so I was able to get it so I could stay in Europe . 

10 minutes ago, MariellJoes said:

I have never lived in Colombia or know anyone there. Only reason why I have the citizenship is because my country has stopped renewing our passports so I was able to get it so I could stay in Europe . 

But it’s an option. When life gives you lemons... at least you have the option there. 

I’m only telling you what USCIS is thinking on this. Why should they expedite your case if you have an alternative? The alternative might not be your preferred option but it is available to you. 

You might want to start researching jobs etc in Colombia so that you can move there. Because an expedite is almost certainly not going to happen. Should have applied sooner if your German student visa is close to expiration. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
1 minute ago, JFH said:

But it’s an option. When life gives you lemons... at least you have the option there. 

I’m only telling you what USCIS is thinking on this. Why should they expedite your case if you have an alternative? The alternative might not be your preferred option but it is available to you. 

You might want to start researching jobs etc in Colombia so that you can move there. Because an expedite is almost certainly not going to happen. Should have applied sooner if your German student visa is close to expiration. 

I would have but I got married two months ago. I wish life was as easy as you describe it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, MariellJoes said:

I would have but I got married two months ago. I wish life was as easy as you describe it. 

Life is never that easy, but you do have to look at your options.  You could overstay in Germany ostensibly homeless and wait for the I130 to process and the interview to get there, you could go to Venezuela to avoid the overstay in Germany, or you can go to Columbia, your choice, but I agree with the other posters here, an expedite will not be granted IMO.  I know what I would do.

Good Luck!  

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can get a year whatever work contract and delay your move.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Maybe filing a K-3 will help curb his approval wait time like others have been doing?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Andy & Val said:

Maybe filing a K-3 will help curb his approval wait time like others have been doing?

How would this change It? Haven’t heard of it 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.