Jump to content
SMACEM2019

K1 Approved With age gap and only 1 visit.

23 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I know these are 2 common concerns about getting approved for K1. So I'm the US petitioner F/48 and my fiance is M/23. We met Aug 2018. I went to the DR to meet him in person once end of Dec 2018 and stayed till beginning of Jan 2019. Applied In Feb 2019. I didn't go back to see him again until now for the interview. We planned it that way.  I was so worried about the large age gap, specially me being the older one and female. Also the fact that I only went once to meet him in person. I front loaded my application heavily also side loaded it when I got an RFE. I sent in extra evidence from the months that had past since I had sent the application in.  I was asked more questions then my fiance.  Most of the questions were pretty basic. I was surprised we weren't asked more detailed questions to prove a bonafide relationship. That tells me that the front and side loading helped them determine our relationship was real and there were no doubts about that aspect. Last question was as follows " The next question might be an uncomfortable question" I'm thinking he was going to ask the last time we had sex or about having kids.  But he said 'you have a very large age gap of 25 yrs does this bother you at all?" My response came quick  " No not at all. I was married for 18yrs to a man my age and he still cheated on me and we divorced so age doesn't matter.  No one knows what the future holds or how long we have to live.  Theres no guarantees in life. I just want to be happy" and he said ok well congratulations your visa is approved and it will be ready in 2 wks. He didnt ask to see any of my binder which didn't surprise me. Also side note right after the interview started he said how many times have you been married and I said 2 he then said sorry maam but I only have 1 of your divorce decrees. Which is impossible because I sent  both of them twice.  Once with the original application and again when they sent me an RFE for one cause it wasnt signed.  So I sent both in again just to be on the safe side certified copies. As he started to close our file I said dont worry sir. I carne prepared and took it out of my binder and slid it to him he glanced at it for 3 secs and gave it back to me. In my mind im thinking if he needed it why wouldn't he take a copy or keep it to complete my file.  I have my theories but at the end of the day we got approved so it is what it is. My recommendations are to front load and if given the opportunity to side load cause some embassies don't look at anything else you bring to the interview. Also so important the petitioner be at the interview.  I'm certain we would have been denied if I wasn't there at the very least he would have been put in AP and requested the divorce decree I already sent them twice and am certain they had in that file somewhere. Lastly even though they won't look at anything at the interview still bring everything better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.  Hope this helps anyone reading this and gives you hope.  😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SMACEM2019 I too am a firm believer in front loading congrats to you!!!!



event.png

 

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


                                                             

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SMACEM2019 said:

I know these are 2 common concerns about getting approved for K1. So I'm the US petitioner F/48 and my fiance is M/23. We met Aug 2018. I went to the DR to meet him in person once end of Dec 2018 and stayed till beginning of Jan 2019. Applied In Feb 2019. I didn't go back to see him again until now for the interview. We planned it that way.  I was so worried about the large age gap, specially me being the older one and female. Also the fact that I only went once to meet him in person. I front loaded my application heavily also side loaded it when I got an RFE. I sent in extra evidence from the months that had past since I had sent the application in.  I was asked more questions then my fiance.  Most of the questions were pretty basic. I was surprised we weren't asked more detailed questions to prove a bonafide relationship. That tells me that the front and side loading helped them determine our relationship was real and there were no doubts about that aspect. Last question was as follows " The next question might be an uncomfortable question" I'm thinking he was going to ask the last time we had sex or about having kids.  But he said 'you have a very large age gap of 25 yrs does this bother you at all?" My response came quick  " No not at all. I was married for 18yrs to a man my age and he still cheated on me and we divorced so age doesn't matter.  No one knows what the future holds or how long we have to live.  Theres no guarantees in life. I just want to be happy" and he said ok well congratulations your visa is approved and it will be ready in 2 wks. He didnt ask to see any of my binder which didn't surprise me. Also side note right after the interview started he said how many times have you been married and I said 2 he then said sorry maam but I only have 1 of your divorce decrees. Which is impossible because I sent  both of them twice.  Once with the original application and again when they sent me an RFE for one cause it wasnt signed.  So I sent both in again just to be on the safe side certified copies. As he started to close our file I said dont worry sir. I carne prepared and took it out of my binder and slid it to him he glanced at it for 3 secs and gave it back to me. In my mind im thinking if he needed it why wouldn't he take a copy or keep it to complete my file.  I have my theories but at the end of the day we got approved so it is what it is. My recommendations are to front load and if given the opportunity to side load cause some embassies don't look at anything else you bring to the interview. Also so important the petitioner be at the interview.  I'm certain we would have been denied if I wasn't there at the very least he would have been put in AP and requested the divorce decree I already sent them twice and am certain they had in that file somewhere. Lastly even though they won't look at anything at the interview still bring everything better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.  Hope this helps anyone reading this and gives you hope.  😊

Petitioner can go with beneficiary to the interview? Thats nice


=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

~~Moved to Progress Report, from Process and Procedures.~~


Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best wishes to you. You are not out of the woods yet. The next test for your relationship still awaits you after you get married, at the AOS phase. You will have to show to the satisfaction of USCIS that you have sufficient marital bonafides to their satisfaction. Celebrate your achievement....

 

Good luck on your immigration journey.

 

  


Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, flfreddy said:

Petitioner can go with beneficiary to the interview? Thats nice

At some embassies its encouraged. The DR wants them there. Some embassies went let them in but its still a good idea for them to be close by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

@SMACEM2019 I too am a firm believer in front loading congrats to you!!!!

Yep, it is important for some embassies....


Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SMACEM2019 said:

I know these are 2 common concerns about getting approved for K1. So I'm the US petitioner F/48 and my fiance is M/23. We met Aug 2018. I went to the DR to meet him in person once end of Dec 2018 and stayed till beginning of Jan 2019. Applied In Feb 2019. I didn't go back to see him again until now for the interview. We planned it that way.  I was so worried about the large age gap, specially me being the older one and female. Also the fact that I only went once to meet him in person. I front loaded my application heavily also side loaded it when I got an RFE. I sent in extra evidence from the months that had past since I had sent the application in.  I was asked more questions then my fiance.  Most of the questions were pretty basic. I was surprised we weren't asked more detailed questions to prove a bonafide relationship. That tells me that the front and side loading helped them determine our relationship was real and there were no doubts about that aspect. Last question was as follows " The next question might be an uncomfortable question" I'm thinking he was going to ask the last time we had sex or about having kids.  But he said 'you have a very large age gap of 25 yrs does this bother you at all?" My response came quick  " No not at all. I was married for 18yrs to a man my age and he still cheated on me and we divorced so age doesn't matter.  No one knows what the future holds or how long we have to live.  Theres no guarantees in life. I just want to be happy" and he said ok well congratulations your visa is approved and it will be ready in 2 wks. He didnt ask to see any of my binder which didn't surprise me. Also side note right after the interview started he said how many times have you been married and I said 2 he then said sorry maam but I only have 1 of your divorce decrees. Which is impossible because I sent  both of them twice.  Once with the original application and again when they sent me an RFE for one cause it wasnt signed.  So I sent both in again just to be on the safe side certified copies. As he started to close our file I said dont worry sir. I carne prepared and took it out of my binder and slid it to him he glanced at it for 3 secs and gave it back to me. In my mind im thinking if he needed it why wouldn't he take a copy or keep it to complete my file.  I have my theories but at the end of the day we got approved so it is what it is. My recommendations are to front load and if given the opportunity to side load cause some embassies don't look at anything else you bring to the interview. Also so important the petitioner be at the interview.  I'm certain we would have been denied if I wasn't there at the very least he would have been put in AP and requested the divorce decree I already sent them twice and am certain they had in that file somewhere. Lastly even though they won't look at anything at the interview still bring everything better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.  Hope this helps anyone reading this and gives you hope.  😊

@AtlanticOceanLoveread this very useful... for interview when it comes to documents


 

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

REF REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

 

 

 

7c713ed9-84bd-4395-bd8a-168453aeaa12.jpg.957fdae9159e5c98c2e5b152b5ff0d31.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is so very good to hear. I wanted to ask and pardon if it’s a dumb question, what’s front loading? I’m setting up a binder finally have an Interview date and I want to be prepared. I’m just not sure what to bring and what needs to be translated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, flfreddy said:

Petitioner can go with beneficiary to the interview? Thats nice

"Also side note right after the interview started he said how many times have you been married and I said 2 he then said sorry maam but I only have 1 of your divorce decrees. Which is impossible because I sent  both of them twice.  Once with the original application and again when they sent me an RFE for one cause it wasnt signed."

 

 

When you say it wasn't signed who didn't sign it? Do you as the petitioner have to sign the divorce decree or are you meaning the certified signature from the courts?



event.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cheschirecat said:

Please tell me what you mean by front and side loading

I do the same. Front loading is basically putting more documents and proof supporting your petition than is called for when you send it off. Side loading is bringing all supporting documents with you in case you need them. I just call it being over prepared but for us we believe in doing that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cheschirecat said:

Please tell me what you mean by front and side loading

Front loading is where you load your K1 application  up with big time proof of relationship i.e., text, pictures, receipts and anything else you think would help your application get approved. This is done because once your application  gets to the embassy phase the CO does not have to accept anymore proof except what's already in your packet. Many COs make their decision even before the interview just by looking at the K1 application. Side loading though not as good as front loading is adding documents at and during the interview.



event.png

 

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


                                                             

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...