dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2019

1,045 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 hours ago, JMPM said:

Focus on making sure your documents are readable, right side up, all parts of the documents are shown. You can view what you upload. 

I couldn't agree more!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, mika__ said:

same, resubmitted Aug 22 for our 3rd time round too. Still waiting to hear back... 😪

will hear something next week for sure

2 hours ago, mika__ said:

same, resubmitted Aug 22 for our 3rd time round too. Still waiting to hear back... 😪

It's torture isn't it...please post when you hear something. Seeing people have their cases looked at in under 3 weeks is very frustrating.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, ljujas2019 said:

What was wrong with your submission? Any advice on how to avoid mistakes? Any checklist to go through, etc.? 

Just as stated in my previous post my joint sponsor attached his W-2 to the end of his tax transcript PDF. We also uploaded his w-2 with a separate PDF where it’s designated to be uploaded. They reject documents that are “multi-files” which include w-2’s and tax transcripts in one PDF. Make sure you go over all your documents, make sure none of them are password protected, make sure they are below the maximum size, and make sure you have the proper forms and financial evidence. There are many loopholes so do your research.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, pura_vida said:

how long ussually NVC get the case from USCIS? they sent our case on Sept 27, feels like forever 

They say it can take up to 3 weeks but then again they have told my wife and I 30 days, 60 days and now 90 days. Case approved July 31 but we got a response from nvcresearch that USCIS now confirms case is 'in transit' (don't know what that means) lol

29 minutes ago, Bking said:

They say it can take up to 3 weeks but then again they have told my wife and I 30 days, 60 days and now 90 days. Case approved July 31 but we got a response from nvcresearch that USCIS now confirms case is 'in transit' (don't know what that means) lol

they told me it take 6 weeks. dang! thats too long..

NVCreseach? what is that? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, pura_vida said:

they told me it take 6 weeks. dang! thats too long..

NVCreseach? what is that? 

Yeah they told me 6-8 but I've had some bad luck it seems with CSC. Nvc research is an inbox dedicated for locating cases or correcting errors. We were told to email our approval notice seeing as it was outside the 6-8 week timeframe

10 minutes ago, Bking said:

Yeah they told me 6-8 but I've had some bad luck it seems with CSC. Nvc research is an inbox dedicated for locating cases or correcting errors. We were told to email our approval notice seeing as it was outside the 6-8 week timeframe

sorry, how is your case now?

they messing up with us, mine was took longer for stupid RFE. I'll call them 2 times a day 

Timeline
Just now, pura_vida said:

sorry, how is your case now?

they messing up with us, mine was took longer for stupid RFE. I'll call them 2 times a day 

It's a great test of patience, I can say that. As of last night they emailed us to say USCIS confirmed to them that the case is on its way

4 minutes ago, Bking said:

It's a great test of patience, I can say that. As of last night they emailed us to say USCIS confirmed to them that the case is on its way

yeaaaah, good luck hope you hear from them ASAP

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, pura_vida said:

how long ussually NVC get the case from USCIS? they sent our case on Sept 27, feels like forever 

From the date our status changed to sent to DOS, it took 8 days for NVC to receive our case. And then it is about 4-5 weeks to get a case number. Hopefully it'll be pretty quick for you!

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.