dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2019

1,045 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, bhasin said:

Guys how many from India here waiting for documents review? Does the dates have to do something with the country as well...loooks like.. 

Right... or maybe language? Since translations don't have to be submitted, I'd think whoever reviews documents speaks the language of the country you're having the interview in. This might explain how reviews are all over the place - just different queues. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I received my case number and invoice number on yesterday.  My expedite request was not possible with the embassy.  I have a question, so I logged on yesterday and when I attempted to choose an agent (myself) it would not even allow me to.  It went directly to pay my fees. 

Is this common or have they waived that portion for me since I cannot get my case processed at the embassy?

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

USCIS Processing

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Consulate: Kingston

Marriage: 2019/02/14

I-130 sent: 2019/02/28

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/01

I-130 Approval: 2019/08/21

NVC Processing

Case sent to NVC: 2019/09/11

Case receive NVC: 2019/09/18

Case # receive NVC: 2019/10/01

Pay AOS/IV Fees: 2019/10/01

Send AOS/IV Documents: 2019/10/05

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Swadesfan said:

Submitted Sep 13...I am hoping that we all hear something by end of this week...

HOPEFULLY IF NOT THEN MUST BE NEXT WEEK .LETS SEE🤞🤞🤞🤞🙏🙏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, bhasin said:

Guys how many from India here waiting for documents review? Does the dates have to do something with the country as well...loooks like.. 

i am from India and resubmitted documents on 26 august. still waiting 

Timeline
Just now, bhasin said:

You should definitely hear soon..in my opinion the timeline they post definitely works for India...@Rupi @sam the Interview wait is long too... resubmission Sept 13 here.

yes interview wait time is really soo long

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hi all, 

If I submitted all of my documents but want to update one after reading about some troubles people had, does that reset my submission date and start over my wait thus far? I’m sure this has already been asked in previous forums so I apologize! I couldn’t find the answer

1 minute ago, Rupi said:

yes interview wait time is really soo long

How long is the wait, and does it vary by country? Wishing it goes smoothly and quickly for you

Marriage: 2018-12-28 [in Portugal]

I-130 Sent: 2019-02-24

I-130 NOA1: 2019-03-07

I-130 Approved: 2019-05-31

NVC Received: 2019-06-19 

Case/invoice number assigned: 2019-08-27

IV/AOS fees paid: 2019-08-28

NVC docs submitted: 2019-09-21 

DQ at NVC: 2019-10-08

Interview letter received: 2019-10-24

Interview date: 2019-11-06

Timeline
Just now, Madison S. said:

Hi all, 

If I submitted all of my documents but want to update one after reading about some troubles people had, does that reset my submission date and start over my wait thus far? I’m sure this has already been asked in previous forums so I apologize! I couldn’t find the answer

you have to wait until nvc review it. and reject it.

Just now, Madison S. said:

Hi all, 

As per NVC it does...but for a lot of people it has not reset. If you are sure I'll get an rfe on that u should update the doc.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Madison S. said:

How long is the wait, and does it vary by country? Wishing it goes smoothly and quickly for you

yes it varies .... some country people get interview dates within some days of Cc

in India we have to wait for 4 months 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
Just now, bhasin said:

As per NVC it does...but for a lot of people it has not reset. If you are sure I'll get an rfe on that u should update the doc.

thank you for the speedy reply. 
I want to play it safe, but this seems like a country specific thing? I saw on the NVC website that police certificates are good for 12 months but it seems some countries have their own expiration date on them (3 months for example). We submitted before the expiration date but realized it “expired” (by country standards rather than NVC standards) while waiting for review. 

Marriage: 2018-12-28 [in Portugal]

I-130 Sent: 2019-02-24

I-130 NOA1: 2019-03-07

I-130 Approved: 2019-05-31

NVC Received: 2019-06-19 

Case/invoice number assigned: 2019-08-27

IV/AOS fees paid: 2019-08-28

NVC docs submitted: 2019-09-21 

DQ at NVC: 2019-10-08

Interview letter received: 2019-10-24

Interview date: 2019-11-06

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.