Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

Completed my biometrics appointment today, and it was pretty straightforward and easy. Make sure to bring a copy of your marriage license/certificate if you changed your name after marriage (I brought a certified copy to be safe). I brought my passport as ID (in old name since I would have to mail it back to Canada in order to have the name changed). The only photo ID I had in the new name was my military dependant ID, so I brought the marriage license in case it wouldn't count (I believe it wasn't sufficient as they still asked to see my marriage license/certificate).

It took them a few extra minutes to look me up in the system to make sure the names all matched up, but we weren't there very long at all. The process will probably be easier if you have a driver's license in the new name, but I would bring the marriage license/certificate still just to be safe.

On 10/8/2019 at 10:44 AM, Hunter & Robyn said:

Jumping on the bandwagon here! Filed my AOS on September 16th, received text and emails on Sept. 23, and received NOA1’s for I-485, I-765, and I-131 in the mail on Sept. 27th. Received my biometrics letter on October 4 for October 17th in Raleigh, NC. Anyone else a Raleigh filer here? Good luck to everyone! 

Hi! Almost exact same timeline as you and filing at Raleigh too! Have my biometrics scheduled 1pm on 17th.

Finally my wife received  her SSN today in the mail  after 4 weeks. We applied before marriage!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

51 minutes ago, Isabel&Will said:

Completed my biometrics appointment today, and it was pretty straightforward and easy. Make sure to bring a copy of your marriage license/certificate if you changed your name after marriage (I brought a certified copy to be safe). I brought my passport as ID (in old name since I would have to mail it back to Canada in order to have the name changed). The only photo ID I had in the new name was my military dependant ID, so I brought the marriage license in case it wouldn't count (I believe it wasn't sufficient as they still asked to see my marriage license/certificate).

It took them a few extra minutes to look me up in the system to make sure the names all matched up, but we weren't there very long at all. The process will probably be easier if you have a driver's license in the new name, but I would bring the marriage license/certificate still just to be safe.

Going to the base now to get my wife on DEERS and get her  dependent ID too. Shell be ready for biometrics on 10/16.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello every one, I am an October filer, but the October thread seems like no one likes to reply back... i have a few questions that I would some to help me out figure out the answers if you don`t mind... so some one in the october thread posted that she sents two check one for 1.225.00 and the other one for 535.00... which I don`t understand why... the second thing will be, once you send you AOS package to the lock box to Chicago, does your case gets distributed to an immigration office near your city? lets say I live in West Palm Beach Fl, does this means it will be sent there for like the green card interview? 

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

3 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Finally my wife received  her SSN today in the mail  after 4 weeks. We applied before marriage!

Same thing happened to us and it actually delayed our marriage date, which is why we got married about three weeks later than expected.  But, hey, it got there! :) 

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Just now, Indira/Charlys said:

Hello every one, I am an October filer, but the October thread seems like no one likes to reply back... i have a few questions that I would some to help me out figure out the answers if you don`t mind... so some one in the october thread posted that she sents two check one for 1.225.00 and the other one for 535.00... which I don`t understand why... the second thing will be, once you send you AOS package to the lock box to Chicago, does your case gets distributed to an immigration office near your city? lets say I live in West Palm Beach Fl, does this means it will be sent there for like the green card interview? 

All cases go to the Chicago Lockbox and then they get distributed to the field offices closer to each individual case.  About the checks, I am not sure.  Let's see what others say.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

3 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Same thing happened to us and it actually delayed our marriage date, which is why we got married about three weeks later than expected.  But, hey, it got there! :) 

Glad you got your card makes things somewhat easier now!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Got mine after 2 months 🙄 luckily we could have got married without it and got my temporary dependent card without it as well. I put my maiden name on it as we thought it might be useful to have 2 ID card under the same name (passport and military ID). Will be changing everything once I get my GC that will be in my married name.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Maddymcp said:

Hi! Almost exact same timeline as you and filing at Raleigh too! Have my biometrics scheduled 1pm on 17th.

Oh my goodness, that’s awesome! My appointment is at 3pm, so would have just missed you! Maybe we’ll bump into each other around the interview time! 

20 minutes ago, Eva_AJ said:

Got mine after 2 months 🙄 luckily we could have got married without it and got my temporary dependent card without it as well. I put my maiden name on it as we thought it might be useful to have 2 ID card under the same name (passport and military ID). Will be changing everything once I get my GC that will be in my married name.

Just so happened  the card came today. I knew I could get her a dependent ID without  SSN, but it'll be hassle free now. My appointment is in a few hours what luck! What branch are you, we are Army!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline
Just now, Sarge2155 said:

Just so happened  the card came today. I knew I could get her a dependent ID without  SSN, but it'll be hassle free now. My appointment is in a few hours what luck! What branch are you, we are Army!

That was smart! We were kind time pressure as my husband deployed a week ago. We are Army too!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Whew, okay, I saw the charge come in to my card last night. Only took 13 days after they received the package to get to this point! But hey, at least I know they received it and can start processing it at some point. We can relax more now.

3 hours ago, Indira/Charlys said:

Regarding the checks. It's probably because they're adjusting from another status other than K1, for which you have to pay $535 for I-130. 

ROC timeline

Delivered: 3/1/22

Text with receipt number: 3/3/22

Biometrics Reuse notice: 07/14/2022

N400

Filed online 01/14/2023

Biometrics Reuse notice: 01/14/2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Eva_AJ said:

3 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

So should I have any ID on my married name for biometrics? I'm confused now) My passport is still on my maiden name, as well as my dependent ID. I couldn't get  dependent  ID on my married name because they said I need more than one document stating my new last name even though my SSN card is on it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.