Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, MrArnold said:

Have you guys heard about the new health insurance policy that is supposed to be taking effect next month for everyone that has interviews after Nov 3rd 2019? Where they will require us health insurance card? 

I have heard of it, but I already added my wife to my health insurance. 

26 minutes ago, Zach2015 said:

I have heard of it, but I already added my wife to my health insurance. 

Like any responsible person would do if able!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

11 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Exactly. This is for people seeking Visas I think it read  not for everyone interviewing after November 2nd. It will be used to deny Visas  not green cards! Anyway who knows with the current  administration crumbling by the day many of the so called polices will crumble too.

if the policies crumble, then i hope it means faster processing lol

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

2 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

if the policies crumble, then i hope it means faster processing lol

Well they have crumbled all the new changes  are on hold, so yeah hopefully  faster processing. LOL

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Hi

We’re one of those stragglers who filed in late September with checks cashed in October.

A question: our attorney, who has been known to give us incorrect info, said that the picture of the cashed check available through our bank would show the receipt number on the back, in the endorsement section. It looks like the checks was cashed electronically (ACH) and my bank doesn’t  show an image.

For those who paid via check, do see a pic of the cashed check on your bank website? I’m guessing it will be another week or two before we receive the NOA1 in the mail.

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, Silmaril said:

Hi

We’re one of those stragglers who filed in late September with checks cashed in October.

A question: our attorney, who has been known to give us incorrect info, said that the picture of the cashed check available through our bank would show the receipt number on the back, in the endorsement section. It looks like the checks was cashed electronically (ACH) and my bank doesn’t  show an image.

For those who paid via check, do see a pic of the cashed check on your bank website? I’m guessing it will be another week or two before we receive the NOA1 in the mail.

Thanks!

Your attorney is out of touch check images you can see, but most banks charge to send you the cashed check and are not readily available unless you request it. Definitely the case numbers are NOT on the check image. Sometimes the numbers are sent to your agent in this case your lawyer otherwise they are sent to you. I'd  dump the lawyer before she or he really screws you up.

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
On 10/10/2019 at 2:26 PM, Sarge2155 said:

I suppose  if they wanted to be pains in the %$$ they could give you a hard time but the A number is also on your NOA2, if they would look there.

I hope the person doing all that work with my papers will be in a good mood and won't mind checking my NOA2 :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Okay, this is weird/dumb I think?

I filed the I-485,  I-765, and I-131 all at the same time and included the $1225.00 payment. I was charged and got case statuses for the I-485 and I-765. But the I-131 for my wife got rejected. Here's the reasons it listed:

"The payment amount is incorrect, or has not been provided. Please review the Form Instruction for fee information. Please resubmit the application/petition package with the appropriate fees to the address listed on the bottom of this page.

The application/petition was file on an outdated version of this form. Please resubmit your application/petition on the current version of this form with the appropriate fees to the address listed on the bottom of this page"

So I thought it wasn't required to use the newest I-131 until October 15th, 2019. The notice is dated October 8th, 2019, so they clearly got it before then. Also wasn't the $1225 enough to cover all 3?

50 minutes ago, Chicamungo said:

Okay, this is weird/dumb I think?

I filed the I-485,  I-765, and I-131 all at the same time and included the $1225.00 payment. I was charged and got case statuses for the I-485 and I-765. But the I-131 for my wife got rejected. Here's the reasons it listed:

"The payment amount is incorrect, or has not been provided. Please review the Form Instruction for fee information. Please resubmit the application/petition package with the appropriate fees to the address listed on the bottom of this page.

The application/petition was file on an outdated version of this form. Please resubmit your application/petition on the current version of this form with the appropriate fees to the address listed on the bottom of this page"

So I thought it wasn't required to use the newest I-131 until October 15th, 2019. The notice is dated October 8th, 2019, so they clearly got it before then. Also wasn't the $1225 enough to cover all 3?

what was the date on the bottom of the form? the current one is 4/29/19, so if you are using one with an earlier date, its probably already expired. this is the revision

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Just rolled  up to the ACS  (Fort Worth, Texas) for biometrics looks like it might turn out to be a full house many cars in parking lot. Appointment is at 8am and guess they schedule many appointments with the same time. I'm not sure. The place  does not open till 8am. I had to take off from work to accompany my wife. I'll post after  we are done!

Citizenship Complete!

Also curious about this as my file was dated 4/24/2019 so may prepare myself for RFE. 😩 

On 10/14/2019 at 10:38 PM, Prizm123 said:

what was the date on the bottom of the form? the current one is 4/29/19, so if you are using one with an earlier date, its probably already expired. this is the revision

54 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Just rolled  up to the ACS  (Fort Worth, Texas) for biometrics looks like it might turn out to be a full house many cars in parking lot. Appointment is at 8am and guess they schedule many appointments with the same time. I'm not sure. The place  does not open till 8am. I had to take off from work to accompany my wife. I'll post after  we are done!

Could you please let us know if they asked for state ID or passport?  My husband does not have a state ID yet and we just have his passport.  So, we want to make sure this is not an issue.  Thanks!

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

6 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Could you please let us know if they asked for state ID or passport?  My husband does not have a state ID yet and we just have his passport.  So, we want to make sure this is not an issue.  Thanks!

I am also in Florida. My wife went last week to get hers done. She brought her passport and our marriage certificate. She does not have a state ID either.

Just now, Zach2015 said:

I am also in Florida. My wife went last week to get hers done. She brought her passport and our marriage certificate. She does not have a state ID either.

Awesome, thank you so much!  Yeah, I considered getting him one but they asked for too many things like a non-expired I94 (which ours is expired) and we did not want to risk any issues.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Just now, Fe.Ta said:

Awesome, thank you so much!  Yeah, I considered getting him one but they asked for too many things like a non-expired I94 (which ours is expired) and we did not want to risk any issues.

Our local DMV told us to not even try until she gets her EAD or green card, whichever happens first.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.