Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

I sent one copy with each form. The packet does get seperated and goes different  places than the I-485. Each form is stand alone and should also have it's own cover letter too.

This is the first time I've heard this being said about multiple cover letters, and multiple marriage certs, on the checklist for AOS packet on VJ here it just states the one cover letter and one marriage certificate tho

8 minutes ago, Kerri and Myles said:

This is the first time I've heard this being said about multiple cover letters, and multiple marriage certs, on the checklist for AOS packet on VJ here it just states the one cover letter and one marriage certificate tho

Yes that's true about the VJ sample, but many folks have provided multiple certificates and cover letters. I weighed it thought it a good idea. I wanted to give our case every chance at success. Sometimes  you just have to think outside the box. It can't hurt and only help!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Be advised that those who have not filed their AOS  yet, that the AOS must be postmarked before October 14th to fall under the old public charge criteria and on October 15th the expanded public charge rules will be used to adjudicate cases from then on. My advice if you can beat the deadline do it.

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

56 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes that's true about the VJ sample, but many folks have provided multiple certificates and cover letters. I weighed it thought it a good idea. I wanted to give our case every chance at success. Sometimes  you just have to think outside the box. It can't hurt and only help!

Agree with you. We sent multiple certified copy of marriage certificates (3) and 3 cover letters too. Better over prepared than sorry😄

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 hours ago, Save85 said:

Grats Sarge~! Still waiting on mine XD ... 

Did you mail yours in USPS?  That's how mine was sent in.  Sent 9/13, received 9/16.  No text, email or check cashed yet.  I heard (after the fact) sending via USPS can add up to a week to the processing time.  I am not sure if this is true though.  If true it makes me wish I went the FEDEX route.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

Did you mail yours in USPS?  That's how mine was sent in.  Sent 9/13, received 9/16.  No text, email or check cashed yet.  I heard (after the fact) sending via USPS can add up to a week to the processing time.  I am not sure if this is true though.  If true it makes me wish I went the FEDEX route.

I used USPS. They received on a Friday 9/13. They charged the card on Tuesday 9/18 and sent the NOA text 2 days later.

11 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

I used FedEx

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, TastyCake said:

I use FedEx an it took almost 3 weeks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
16 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

I sent one copy with each form. The packet does get seperated and goes different  places than the I-485. Each form is stand alone and should also have it's own cover letter too.

16 hours ago, Save85 said:

I sent the original copy for I-485 and copies for the rest of the others. 

16 hours ago, Save85 said:

I sent the original copy for I-485 and copies for the rest of the others. 

Thank you everyone!!!

We've already prepared everything but more threads I read here more confused I get! So I go and double check all papers several times per day😂

So thank you all for your help!

Edited by Nafisa Zaripova

1 hour ago, Nafisa Zaripova said:

Thank you everyone!!!

We've already prepared everything but more threads I read here more confused I get! So I go and double check all papers several times per day😂

So thank you all for your help!

That's  how you gain knowledge and it's  quite alright. Just weigh  and follow all the information out there. You got this.....

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

That's  how you gain knowledge and it's  quite alright. Just weigh  and follow all the information out there. You got this.....

That's right! Thank you for support!

1 hour ago, Nozomi said:

My package was received on 9/12 and still nothing... the check hasn't got cashed yet either 😔

Checking email and stuff everyday, I know some people here had to wait for 3 weeks too but it's definitely getting frustrating!

Yes I understand but relax its coming!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nozomi said:

My package was received on 9/12 and still nothing... the check hasn't got cashed yet either 😔

Checking email and stuff everyday, I know some people here had to wait for 3 weeks too but it's definitely getting frustrating!

I completely understand you and know exactly how you are feeling.  My package was sent on 9/13.  I believe (operative word) it was received on 9/16 but certainly by 9/17.  People AFTER me are seeing results already.  Me?  Not a peep.

But you know what?  I learned my lesson with the I-129f.  I now understand the USCIS is a mystery wrapped up in a riddle encased in an enigma.  Their process makes NO sense whatsoever so don't try to apply logic to it.  They say first come, first serve but that's right up there with 'the check is in the mail', 'my dog ate it' and 'no, i didn't spit in your souffle'.

Hang in there.  It's all you can do.  It's completely out of your hands.

46 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

I completely understand you and know exactly how you are feeling.  My package was sent on 9/13.  I believe (operative word) it was received on 9/16 but certainly by 9/17.  People AFTER me are seeing results already.  Me?  Not a peep.

But you know what?  I learned my lesson with the I-129f.  I now understand the USCIS is a mystery wrapped up in a riddle encased in an enigma.  Their process makes NO sense whatsoever so don't try to apply logic to it.  They say first come, first serve but that's right up there with 'the check is in the mail', 'my dog ate it' and 'no, i didn't spit in your souffle'.

Hang in there.  It's all you can do.  It's completely out of your hands.

Very nice analogy, but oh soooo true. No need to beat yourself up over this. It will come, just a matter of time. Trust me as my journey has been one of those and I understand completely.

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.