Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Kerri and Myles said:

Hey everyone we are about to send off our AOS packet for her, just 1 question, I didn't have to file taxes for the last 3 tax years as I wasn't working so I had no taxable income.  What do I write on the sheet of paper I attach to the I-864 exactly?  Pretty much the last thing I gotta do for her AOS packet, just not sure exactly all the letter for this entails.  If anyone has had to do this, would love some insight.  

Thanks so much in advance!

I would put just that. You weren't working to have taxable income and therefore no tax return filed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 9/20/2019 at 10:46 AM, Selina A said:

AOS package delivered on 09/16

Credit card charged on 09/19 
And I received the text 09/20 around 12:30 AM 

UPDATE 
NOA in the mail 09/23, 
still waiting for the biometrics notice. 

Hello fellow AOS filers, we have a quick question.  I (the sponsor, USC) on the I-864 worked in 2017 for about a month or so, problem is where it asks for income amount on the I-864 for the last 3 years I don't know the amount I made, and I didn't file taxes that year as it was below the amount of earned income needed to file taxes.  So I was just planning to put zero for my income for that year as no filing.  I didn't have to file taxes last 3 years, as 2016 I wasn't working so no taxable income, 2017 I worked about a month, not sure about how much I earned, but I did not file taxes for 2017 as amount of earned income was below the amount of earned income needed to file taxes so was just going to put zero again for the income in 2017, in 2018 I did not work so no taxable income so putting 0 for that year.

So that is why we I am putting zero for the last 3 years, would this explanation be good and putting 0 for income in the last 3 years be okay with this explanation, something like this is what I plan to put with the I-864.  I am working now and have been since the start of the year so I have a good amount of pay stubs to send in with the AOS and make good amount over the poverty limit, so should be fine, just mostly curious if that explanation and putting 0 for the income in 2017 will be fine since didn't file.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
6 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

UPDATE

Sent packet on 9/14 received at USCIS 9/16

Received text message with all three receipt numbers on 9/23 at 11:30pm

Check cashed 9/24

Grats Sarge~! Still waiting on mine XD ... 

09/12/19: Sent AOS package

09/14/19: Package arrived at Chicago.

09/30/19: Received 3 text notification at 10 PM

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-765 'Case Was Received dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-131 'Case Was Received' dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-485 'Fingerprint Fee Was Received' and dated 9/27 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

10/01/19: Check cashed after 12 AM (pending at current time of writing)

10/05/19: Received 3 NOA 1 letters (hard copy in mail)

10/25/19: Bio-metrics Appointment

11/12/19: Received RFE for spouse's birth certificate

11/29/19: Case Center received our RFE response letter and documents

12/20/19: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

01/10/20: Case is Interview Was Scheduled

01/17/20: Received interview letter in mail. Interview is scheduled on 02/14/2020 (Valentine's Day)

On 9/20/2019 at 7:42 AM, kikkoman said:

Our AOS package was received at the Chicago Lockbox on September 5th and we haven't heard anything since.

UPDATE:

- Check cashed on September 24. No NOA1 yet, though. Seems it took 13 business days or 19 days including weekends for them to get around to cashing the check.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Hello guys

I have a question about marriage certificate copies. Is one copy enough for I485, I131 and  I765 or should  I add copies for each one to prove the name change?

Hey again, we are still curious about this, if anyone can help -  

3 hours ago, Kerri and Myles said:

Hello fellow AOS filers, we have a quick question.  I (the sponsor, USC) on the I-864 worked in 2017 for about a month or so, problem is where it asks for income amount on the I-864 for the last 3 years I don't know the amount I made, and I didn't file taxes that year as it was below the amount of earned income needed to file taxes.  So I was just planning to put zero for my income for that year as no filing.  I didn't have to file taxes last 3 years, as 2016 I wasn't working so no taxable income, 2017 I worked about a month, not sure about how much I earned, but I did not file taxes for 2017 as amount of earned income was below the amount of earned income needed to file taxes so was just going to put zero again for the income in 2017, in 2018 I did not work so no taxable income so putting 0 for that year.

So that is why we I am putting zero for the last 3 years, would this explanation be good and putting 0 for income in the last 3 years be okay with this explanation, something like this is what I plan to put with the I-864.  I am working now and have been since the start of the year so I have a good amount of pay stubs to send in with the AOS and make good amount over the poverty limit, so should be fine, just mostly curious if that explanation and putting 0 for the income in 2017 will be fine since didn't file.

Also, according to this:

2d44aa838bcb73ce11702d9fd3bfae12.png

Is the only payment that gets sent in when sending in the AOS packet with the I-485, I-131, I-864, I-765 the $1,225 and that covers everything so 1 check for $1,225?

Timeline
1 hour ago, kikkoman said:

UPDATE:

- Check cashed on September 24. No NOA1 yet, though. Seems it took 13 business days or 19 days including weekends for them to get around to cashing the check.

Thanks for the update! i'm at 10 days now including weekends.

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-765 'Case Was Received dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-131 'Case Was Received' dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-485 'Fingerprint Fee Was Received' and dated 9/27 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

01/17/20: Received interview letter in mail. Interview is scheduled on 02/14/2020 (Valentine's Day)

2 hours ago, Save85 said:

Grats Sarge~! Still waiting on mine XD ... 

It's coming I'm sure of that!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Nafisa Zaripova said:

Hello guys

I have a question about marriage certificate copies. Is one copy enough for I485, I131 and  I765 or should  I add copies for each one to prove the name change?

I sent the original copy for I-485 and copies for the rest of the others. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Nafisa Zaripova said:

Hello guys

The forms are reviewed separately, so they need their own supporting documents. Send one for each.

14 minutes ago, Kerri and Myles said:

Hey again, we are still curious about this, if anyone can help -  

Also, according to this:

2d44aa838bcb73ce11702d9fd3bfae12.png

Is the only payment that gets sent in when sending in the AOS packet with the I-485, I-131, I-864, I-765 the $1,225 and that covers everything so 1 check for $1,225?

That's correct.

22 minutes ago, Nafisa Zaripova said:

Hello guys

I sent one copy with each form. The packet does get seperated and goes different  places than the I-485. Each form is stand alone and should also have it's own cover letter too.

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 minute ago, Sarge2155 said:

I sent one copy with each form. The packet does get seperated and goes different  places than the I-485

Ooh thats a great point, do they have to be certified copies with each one or would 1 certified copy work for the whole packet and the others be photo copies?

16 minutes ago, Save85 said:

Thanks for the update! i'm at 10 days now including weekends.

It seems that's all we ever do is count! Lol

7 minutes ago, Kerri and Myles said:

Ooh thats a great point, do they have to be certified copies with each one or would 1 certified copy work for the whole packet and the others be photo copies?

I sent certified copies with each!

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.