Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ayrton said:

I left everything that didn't apply blank. Did the same with the I-129f and had no problem.

My i-94 expired on 09/05. But I only sent my package on 09/11. To avoid the out of status thing, I signed all my papers with the date 09/03, so when I signed it, I was technically still in the 90 days period.

we got an answer from someone that stated that our status is based off the last I-94 status entry, the I-94 expiring didn't change that, so the status for her is still K1 so that is what we are putting on the form as current status, not putting out of status, and yeah we are leaving spaces blank that don't apply to her as well

1 hour ago, Ayrton said:

I left everything that didn't apply blank. Did the same with the I-129f and had no problem.

My i-94 expired on 09/05. But I only sent my package on 09/11. To avoid the out of status thing, I signed all my papers with the date 09/03, so when I signed it, I was technically still in the 90 days period.

In so far as the filing of the AOS I don't  think it crucial to be out of status as far as filing but in other areas yes it can be bad to be out of status and subject to deportation. The main thing is to file AOS as soon as possible.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

2 hours ago, charlyadams said:

Good morning guys, please I have a quick question. I recently sent my AOS packet and got a text msg from USCIS with details of receipt numbers for work authorization and advance parole but didn't get for I-485 ( APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS).   Please, is this normal?

It could be. My wife's came in two separate batches of texts.

20 minutes ago, charlyadams said:

Same here but when I tracked the two receipt numbers, I realized the one is for advance parole and the other for work permit. 

Could always set up a USCIS account or enter the numbers in the USCIS website.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline
3 hours ago, charlyadams said:

Good morning guys, please I have a quick question. I recently sent my AOS packet and got a text msg from USCIS with details of receipt numbers for work authorization and advance parole but didn't get for I-485 ( APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS).   Please, is this normal?

I actually received 6 text messages and all of them were labelled for form I-797. But I saw it was 3 different receipt numbers, so I put it in my USCIS case check and they showed as receipt numbers for each form we sent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Hello everyone! I've just received 3 letters from USCIS, all labelled as I-797C for each form I sent. The one for I-485 is that the one that will prove my legal status here and I should have it on me with passport wherever I go?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone
Moved to the US on June 20th, 
Married August 13th
Mailed AOS package for  myself and 3 K2's on Sept 9th- Received Sept 11th- NOA1 Sept 16th 

Fingers crossed for a smooth process for everyone 🤞

K1 & K2:
I129f Sent: March 23, 2018

NOA1: March 29, 2018
RFE: September 29, 2018
RFE reply: October 12, 2018 (Re-sent USC birth certificate and beneficiary's divorce certificate)
NOA2: November 03, 2018 (219 days from NOA1)
NVC Received: November 23, 2018 (20 days from NOA2)

NVC Case Number: December 07, 2018 (14 days from NVC received)
NVC Left: December 26, 2018 (19 days from NVC case number)
Consulate Received: December 31, 2018 (5 days from NVC left)
CEAC status 'Ready': January 7, 2019 (7 days from consulate received)
P3 Sent: January 14, 2019 (7 days from 'Ready')
P4 Received: February 1, 2019 (18 days from P3 sent)
Interview: March 13, 2019- APPROVED! (40 days from P4; 349 days from NOA1)
Visa in Hand: June 3, 2019 (82 days since interview)

(Guaranteed delivery date March 21, 2019- Canada Post "lost" my package)
                               Passports/Visas officially declared "lost": April 15, 2019 (33 days since interview)
                               Reapply for new passports: April 16, 2019 (34 days since interview)

Received New Passports: April 29, 2019 (47 days since interview)
                               New Passports Delivered to Consulate: May 2, 2019 (50 days since interview)
                               USC Contacted State Senator to request inquiry: May 23, 2019 (71 days since interview)

POE: June 20, 2019
Marriage: August 13, 2019

AOS

I-485, I-765, I-131 Sent: September 9, 2019
I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA1: September 16, 2019
I-485, I-165 Biometrics: October 10, 2019
I-485 Case update- ready to be scheduled for interview : November 8, 2019

I-485 Case update- Interview has been scheduled: November 13, 2019 (Dallas, Tx)
Interview:

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Received the 3 notices in the mail today. Two of them have my last name misspelled. The funny is the mistake is different on each of them. I used the online form to try to fix them. They promised to reply by Oct 25th.

15 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

Received the 3 notices in the mail today. Two of them have my last name misspelled. The funny is the mistake is different on each of them. I used the online form to try to fix them. They promised to reply by Oct 25th.

Wow let's  hope they fix that!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Hey everyone we are about to send off our AOS packet for her, just 1 question, I didn't have to file taxes for the last 3 tax years as I wasn't working so I had no taxable income.  What do I write on the sheet of paper I attach to the I-864 exactly?  Pretty much the last thing I gotta do for her AOS packet, just not sure exactly all the letter for this entails.  If anyone has had to do this, would love some insight.  

Thanks so much in advance!

Edited by Kerri and Myles

14 hours ago, charlyadams said:

If you submitted the G-1145 form which is E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance, then this is to be expected.

If you did not, then that's a happy coincidence that they sent you a notification anyway.

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

May 3, 2024: Ordered marriage certificate and death certificate from PSA online

May 9, 2024: Received email from PSA that marriage cert is blurred/eligible--will need 15 more days for reverification

May 22, 2024: Marriage Cert received from PSA (death cert was delivered 2 weeks earlier)

May 23, 2024: Uploaded new files to the CEAC website

May 29, 2024: Documentary Qualified

Hello! 
I submitted my I-485 and I-765 together and it was marked as delivered on Sept 12. I received text message notifications for each form (no email notification as far as I can see, but I don't really need one at this point) on Sept 18, and received an I-797C Notice of Action for each form in the mail today (Sept 23). My received date is Sept 12, and my notice date is Sept 17 on both!

I do have one concern though—I decided to hyphenate my last name with my husband's and there's a lack of hyphen in my last name for the form. Should I contact them to have this amended or is this just how they format names for the purpose of mailing things out (my middle name is just an initial for example)?

Mailed:  09/16/2019

Delivered: 09/18/2019

Text Confirmation: 09/24/2019 (12:03AM)  We got all three confirmations together.  Checked USCIS website and got confirmation that they were received as well.

Woohoo! :dance:

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.