Cata&Ben

August 2019 - AOS Fillers!

1,771 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Grant & Bri said:

That’s very unfair! I’m in Boston to. Why would they be processing people that are already eligible to work etc etc... when we are stuck here legally not allowed to work travel freely etc etc... that’s a joke In my opinion that they are doing it like that. 

Hi

I contacted USCIS this morning,they told me that the interview schedule is at the discretion of the Boston office.

Cata

6 hours ago, K&N10 said:

Congratulations!!! 

can you please tell us about the interview? What did they ask you? And also did you have an I-693 or just DS-3025 was enough? 

My interview is tomorrow and that will help me a lot. Thanks 

Thank you! They went over the background check questions such as crime and terrorism questions that are included in the i-485 form with me. Didn’t ask us any other questions. They didn’t ask to see any document from us. So I don’t know if an-693 or DS-3025 is needed.  Sorry about that! 
Good luck to your interview tomorrow!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

I have applied for a marriage based GC on the 16th of Aug and there has been very little movement on the case till now, I have a job offer waiting and my company want me to join ASAP as they have a few critical deliverables early next year.

Based on this I expedited my EAD on the 6th of Nov and was asked to fax the evidence and offer letter, which we faxed as well as mailed a copy to the NBC location last week.I haven't heard back on whether they've received the evidence or not yet. How does this work? I am not sure what to respond to people from work as there is nothing that I have heard from the USCIS yet.

I called them a couple of days back too, the tier 1 officer had added a note to my case saying the field officer would intimate us if they've gotten the evidence. I am super worried right now. Should I try faxing the evidence again? Please advise.

Also, with thanksgiving and Christmas round the corner, do we expect a drop in number of cases being processed on an average day now?

2 hours ago, Cata&Ben said:

Hi

I contacted USCIS this morning,they told me that the interview schedule is at the discretion of the Boston office.

Cata

We have officially been waiting a month already (Got ready to schedule an interview on 10/19). We are Boston as well (I am assuming, our paperwork says NBC but Boston would be our home base.) Is everyone that is from Boston transitioning from the K1? I wish that they would send the work permit, My husband is going stir crazy and wants to just work.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, LovelyLisa89 said:

We have officially been waiting a month already (Got ready to schedule an interview on 10/19). We are Boston as well (I am assuming, our paperwork says NBC but Boston would be our home base.) Is everyone that is from Boston transitioning from the K1? I wish that they would send the work permit, My husband is going stir crazy and wants to just work.

I’m Boston to and sitting at request for initial evidence received. They received it 34 days ago now, I’m in the same boat as your husband I just want to work now. 

My case status updated yesterday. The EAD now says “new card is being produced”

My timeline (Los Angeles, CA):

07/31 Mailed packet

08/02 USCIS received

08/06 NOA

08/28 Bio Appt

10/02 Case updated to “ready to schedule”

No interview date yet.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sk87 said:

Just had an update on case tracker app - 'New card being produced' for EAD

15 minutes ago, Vidizzle said:

My case status updated yesterday. The EAD now says “new card is being produced”

My timeline (Los Angeles, CA):

07/31 Mailed packet

08/02 USCIS received

08/06 NOA

08/28 Bio Appt

10/02 Case updated to “ready to schedule”

No interview date yet.

Congratulations, another step crossed in your immigration journeys!

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
On 10/24/2019 at 8:46 PM, subrina&fahad said:

Ok. Finally our case status has updated today “ready to be scheduled for interview”, so happy, even if interview won’t set anytime soon, no problem, atleast it’s a big relief that application reviewing and all background checking is done without any problem and no RFE will come. Now just will be prepared and will eagerly wait for interview.

I see some folks are waiting on the interview date, or done with the interview.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on my biometrics letter 😭

Did anybody try contacting their local congress man? I wonder if it helps?

My Timeline (St. Louis, MO):

08/22 Mailed packet

08/23 USCIS received

08/27 NOA

09/25 Call USCIS for service inquiry (Biometrics Letter), never got the answer

10/14 RFIE

10/29 RFIE Received

11/05 Call USCIS again for service inquiry (Biometrics Letter), never got the answer

My Timeline (St. Louis, MO):

08/22 Mailed packet

08/23 USCIS received

08/27 NOA

09/25 Call USCIS for service inquiry (Biometrics Letter), never got the answer

10/14 RFIE

10/29 RFIE Received

11/05 Call USCIS again for service inquiry (Biometrics Letter), never got the answer

11/29 Biometrics Letter Received

12/09 Biometrics appointment (Code 2). They've only taken my index finger's fingerprint

12/13 Another Biometrics Letter Received (Code 3)

12/20 EAD Card is being produced

12/24 Biometrics Appointment scheduled -> Cancelled due to executive order

12/30 EAD Card Received

01/08 Supposedly the rescheduled biometrics appointment, but couldn't make it.

01/15 Did the Walk-in Biometrics!

01/21 Status changed to "Ready to be interviewed"

01/22 Status changed to "Interview was scheduled"

02/26 Green Card Interview & Approved!

4 hours ago, ashoos said:

Just had our interview at the Chicago office and we were approved on the spot! 

Congratulations! You are so lucky to be told on the spot! Each office seems to handle this so differently but good for you guys. There certainly is no uniform process which does seem so unfair to those couples forced to wait an unfair amount of time. Hopefully you’ll be able to find employment shortly after green card arrives.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My case status also updated yesterday for  EAD now status says “New card is being produced”

AOS is "Ready to be Schedule for an Interview" since 10/02/2019

US Date of Entry:                                 05/11/2019

Date of Marriage:                                06/28/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Sent :                  07/31/2019

I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Received:           08/01/2019

Credit Card Charged:                           08/05/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 NOA1 :                08/05/2019    
Biometrics Letter Received :              08/16/2019
Biometrics Appointment Date :         08/29/2019

So my GC interview is scheduled for December 9th. 

We received an update lastnight (Nov 20th) on our EAD to say the "New card is being produced". Just be nice to receive my SSN before the GC interview etc (I was lazy and ticked the SSN box on the EAD application). 

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.