Cata&Ben

August 2019 - AOS Fillers!

1,771 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, BJM-SSM said:

Oh ok. I just saw many people here scheduled for interviews already so just curious about it. Why they turn very fast because of local office work fast or because of Aos from K1. But wish you have a good news soon. Good luck 

I think it has more to do with local office maybe? We just got scheduled today, waiting for the interview date in the mail. In our case it's an adjustment from F-1. I know this thread is in the K-1 section, but the "Adjusting from Other Visas" section doesn't have an August 2019 thread, so that's why I'm on this one. 

Then again I really have no idea why it's moving so fast since Charlotte's average is about 6-7 months from NOA1 to interview.

Adjustment of Status (from F-1)

National Benefits Center

Charlotte Field Office

8-23-19: NOA1

9-17-19: Biometrics

10-10-19: RFIE

10-24-19: RFIE Response Received by USCIS

11-07-19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

11-12-19: Scheduled for Interview

12-18-19: Interview

12-20-19: Approved!

On 11/9/2019 at 10:49 AM, brandonflude1 said:

Hi! I’m hoping someone can clarify what I believe to be true, I did post a while ago with the information directly from the I-485 instructions.

K-1 holders who had a medical in their home country are not required to attend the interview with a I-693 right?

Hi Brandon.

I am reading with attention this thread:

I think it might be of your interest.

I am reaching the conclusion that I might need to ask for a DS 3025 update with a USCIS doctor ... right now.

The reason is that it will be more expensive to wait two further months or more until a RFE is resolved in the case that after the interview they would

send a REF concerning an updated vaccination form. It will be more expensive because not having a green card is deterring me to have an income in the United States. Also, I have witnessed a great deal of incompetence too :( I think it is better to be in the safe side.

Edited by Cata&Ben

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

Following!

Marriage Based AOS (I-485)
Service Center: NBC

Field Office: Den/CO
08/01/2019 Package sent
08/05/2019 Received Date
08/05/2019 PD
08/16/2019 Bio Notice
09/03/2019 Bio done...
09/04/2019 Fingerprint review complete

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Cata&Ben said:

Hi Brandon.

I am reading with attention this thread:

I think it might be of your interest.

I am reaching the conclusion that I might need to ask for a DS 3025 update with a USCIS doctor ... right now.

The reason is that it will be more expensive to wait two further months or more until a RFE is resolved in the case that after the interview they would

send a REF concerning an updated vaccination form. It will be more expensive because not having a green card is deterring me to have an income in the United States. Also, I have witnessed a great deal of incompetence too :( I think it is better to be in the safe side.

Hi, I appreciate this. Most of the users on that post are saying they opted not to have vaccinations. Mine states I complied and have all vaccinations. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just received interview notice in mail December 19th!

B2 visa To AOS

Priority date:  08/19/19

Received text messages: 08/26/19 

Received NOA1's in the mail: 08/31/19

Biometrics done 09/17/19

Received case update online for RFIE  10/12/19

Sent response for RFIE 10/17/19

RFIE Response delivered (resent I-130A) 10/19/19

"Response to RFIE received" status 10/22/19

Case ready to be scheduled for interview 11/02/19

Interview Scheduled! 11/07/19

Received interview notice in mail 11/12/19

Interview 12/19/19 Approved on spot!

"Case was Approved" status update i-485 & i-130 12/20/19

Received Approval notices in the mail 12/26/19

"Card was mailed to me" I-485 12/26/19

"Card was picked up by USPS" I-485 12/27/19

Green card in hand 12/28/19

4 minutes ago, brandonflude1 said:

Hi, I appreciate this. Most of the users on that post are saying they opted not to have vaccinations. Mine states I complied and have all vaccinations. 

I wasnt sure what was your case.

My DS 3025 states I opted not to have vaccinations, which is untrue.

I have all my vaccinations updated - I lived in the UK and I got them there!  but the doctor in colombia chose the option of me opting not having vaccionations.

He did said I needed a influenza shot, though.

Anyway, each case is particular, but I wanted to let you know

Cata

Edited by Cata&Ben

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Cata&Ben said:

I wasnt sure what was your case.

My DS 3025 states I opted not to have vaccinations, which is untrue.

I have all my vaccionations updated - I lived in the UK  but they doctor in colombia chose the option of me opting not having vaccionations.

He did said I needed a influenza shot, though.

Anyway, each case is particular, but I wanted to let you know

Cata

Thank you, Cata. I just saw your time line and your interview was during flu season. That makes a difference. My husband's (then fiance's) interview wasn't. He has no objection to getting the vaccine now, but we would like to be able to save some money by avoiding having to have the US-CS update it. You are right, each case is particular. Our case was weird, in that the panel physician marked the box next to "influenza' with a "B" which is a blanket waiver meaning "insufficient time to complete series" - which was not true. It was a flu shot - not a series that needed completing. She then further complilcated it with her comment about the K1 being complete when the influenza vaccine was given. This is what has caused confusion for us. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just received my interview date notice in the mail.  Interview scheduled for 19 DEC in the Des Moines Office.  

2 minutes ago, AndrewF said:

Just received my interview date notice in the mail.  Interview scheduled for 19 DEC in the Des Moines Office.  

Congrats! When did your case change to Ready? 

Package sent: 08/29/19

Package delivered: 09/03/19

I-765 received :09/03/19

I-131 received: 09/03/19

I-485 received: 09/10/19

Text notification: 09/11/19

Check cashed: 09/12/19

NOA1 date for all 3 forms: 09/10/19

Biometrics: 10/03/19

Ready for interview schedule: 10/30/19

Interview was scheduled: 09/15/2020

Interview date: 10/15/2020

GC received: 10/22/2020

On 11/10/2019 at 7:27 AM, Cata&Ben said:

Hi Brandon

The USCIS website indicates that if you enter the United States as a K1 holder:

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/fiancees

"Note: If you received a medical examination before being admitted to the United States, you may not need to have another examination but you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. See the Form I-693 Instructions for more information"

The proof that you complied with the vaccination requirement is the form  DS-3025 that you submitted to USCIS when you filed I 485. 

Therefore, you do not need the form I-693.

And, if you didnt present these documents to USCIS, they would have sent you a RFE because it is a requirement. 

Hi Cata and everyone, I beg to disagree. I am an August filer, and I received my I-797C request for initial interview letter (is this the RFE?) at the end of October.

The I-797C form lists that we need to provide our I-693 now. I've attached the scan below with my personal details removed. 

I797C Interview Request 1of3 - Copy.jpg

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Q2018 said:

Congrats! When did your case change to Ready? 

I got the Ready to Schedule for Interview notice on 2 NOV 19.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, mjoyceb said:

Hi Cata and everyone, I beg to disagree. I am an August filer, and I received my I-797C request for initial interview letter (is this the RFE?) at the end of October.

The I-797C form lists that we need to provide our I-693 now. I've attached the scan below with my personal details removed. 

On the instructions for the form I-693 itself, it states:

3. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas? Form I-693 Instructions 07/15/19 Page 8 of 12

If you were admitted as a: A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then: (1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination; and (a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or (b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver. (2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will need to have the Part 10. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1. - 5., 7., and 10. of Form I-693.

For most K1 visa holders, their medical records were already submitted as part of the process of getting approval for the K1 visaK1 visa holders are good as long as their medical exam and vaccination  records were properly completed and included.

3 hours ago, mjoyceb said:

This document says : unless already submitted wink 😉

Edited by Cata&Ben

3 hours ago, AndrewF said:

On the instructions for the form I-693 itself, it states:

3. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas? Form I-693 Instructions 07/15/19 Page 8 of 12

If you were admitted as a: A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then: (1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination; and (a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or (b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver. (2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will need to have the Part 10. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1. - 5., 7., and 10. of Form I-693.

For most K1 visa holders, their medical records were already submitted as part of the process of getting approval for the K1 visaK1 visa holders are good as long as their medical exam and vaccination  records were properly completed and included.

Thanks a lot !!!

Cata

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.