I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Received:           08/01/2019

Credit Card Charged:                           08/05/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 NOA1 :                08/05/2019    
Biometrics Letter Received :              08/16/2019
Biometrics Appointment Date :         08/29/2019

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 11/20/2019 at 4:01 PM, ashoos said:

Just had our interview at the Chicago office and we were approved on the spot! 

I am so jealous. We are going through Chicago and are still waiting for our interview to be scheduled. 

Our K1 Journey
I-129f Received: July 17, 2017
NOA1: July 20, 2017
NOA2: February 2, 2018 (200 days from NOA1)

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg*I left my heart in Brazil* (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
23 hours ago, MadHong said:

I see some folks are waiting on the interview date, or done with the interview.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on my biometrics letter 😭

Did anybody try contacting their local congress man? I wonder if it helps?

My Timeline (St. Louis, MO):

08/22 Mailed packet

08/23 USCIS received

08/27 NOA

09/25 Call USCIS for service inquiry (Biometrics Letter), never got the answer

10/14 RFIE

10/29 RFIE Received

11/05 Call USCIS again for service inquiry (Biometrics Letter), never got the answer

You have to call them and ask that you need to talk with the local office. That happened to me I never received my biometrics letter, I call to USCIS customer service twice but they said that everything was fine. Finally I got in contact with the local office and they said that my biometrics appointment was a month ago.... (All that time waiting :()  So they rescheduled the appointment right away. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, trames87 said:

I am so jealous. We are going through Chicago and are still waiting for our interview to be scheduled. 

Did they finally change your case to "ready to be scheduled" ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Been 38 days since they received my RFE, 60 days since I completed biometrics and currently stuck at RFE received. Do you think it’s worth calling? I called 2 weeks ago now, I know the processing time can take up to 90 days for them to respond to a RFE but I know most people on here get a response before 30 days. I’m sorry just really impatient. 

Timeline
On 11/21/2019 at 9:05 AM, LukeU said:

So my GC interview is scheduled for December 9th. 

We received an update lastnight (Nov 20th) on our EAD to say the "New card is being produced". Just be nice to receive my SSN before the GC interview etc (I was lazy and ticked the SSN box on the EAD application). 

Congrats Luke - hoping my EAD isn’t far behind either. Only so much sitting around I can do, boredom really kicking in now! My interview is 2 days after yours and I got scheduled about a week after you

20 minutes ago, brandonflude1 said:

Congrats Luke - hoping my EAD isn’t far behind either. Only so much sitting around I can do, boredom really kicking in now! My interview is 2 days after yours and I got scheduled about a week after you

Congrats on the interview date! 

I'm just thankful as having the EAD approved means I don't have to mess around getting a SSN as I selected the box for them to issue me one :D So fingers crossed next week or the week after I receive the actual card. 

Boredom does kick in intermittently, I'm sure after a few months we'll be begging for a few more months off ;) 

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Timeline
23 minutes ago, LukeU said:

I'm just thankful as having the EAD approved means I don't have to mess around getting a SSN as I selected the box for them to issue me one :D So fingers crossed next week or the week after I receive the actual card. 

Boredom does kick in intermittently, I'm sure after a few months we'll be begging for a few more months off ;) 

No doubt. My biggest worry is finding a new job, and hoping I’m not too rusty on my skills. To be honest, I don’t remember a thing, but I just have to convince someone to give me a job and I’ll pick it back up. 😂

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Lucky us, since being interview ready as of 10/30 today I've got a message from Case Tracker app (it is linked to old website I guess) that our EAD cards are under production. My son will be able to apply for his SSN and maybe get it before the New Year. Strange enough, or maybe as usual, no change in case status on the new website and no change in status of our AP petitions on the old website. Hope this is no glitch

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, LukeU said:

It really doesn't mean that :) SSA may well issue and mail you a card and they may as well forget it. As soon as my son's combo card arrives, I will go there in person. In fact, that's what SSA representative told me to do when I was there last time. I surely wouldn't rely on what we checked in the petition  

10 minutes ago, HP+IC said:

It really doesn't mean that :) SSA may well issue and mail you a card and they may as well forget it. As soon as my son's combo card arrives, I will go there in person. In fact, that's what SSA representative told me to do when I was there last time. I surely wouldn't rely on what we checked in the petition  

Hi. Yes! I agree with u. This is what I did. When I got my combo card and went after week to SSA and applied for SSN. SSA supposed to have request already from USCIS at that time but nothing was done from USCIS side lol 

21 hours ago, Adri 09 said:

You have to call them and ask that you need to talk with the local office. That happened to me I never received my biometrics letter, I call to USCIS customer service twice but they said that everything was fine. Finally I got in contact with the local office and they said that my biometrics appointment was a month ago.... (All that time waiting :()  So they rescheduled the appointment right away. 

Thank you for the reply! I will do that right now!!!

My Timeline (St. Louis, MO):

08/22 Mailed packet

08/23 USCIS received

08/27 NOA

09/25 Call USCIS for service inquiry (Biometrics Letter), never got the answer

10/14 RFIE

10/29 RFIE Received

11/05 Call USCIS again for service inquiry (Biometrics Letter), never got the answer

11/29 Biometrics Letter Received

12/09 Biometrics appointment (Code 2). They've only taken my index finger's fingerprint

12/13 Another Biometrics Letter Received (Code 3)

12/20 EAD Card is being produced

12/24 Biometrics Appointment scheduled -> Cancelled due to executive order

12/30 EAD Card Received

01/08 Supposedly the rescheduled biometrics appointment, but couldn't make it.

01/15 Did the Walk-in Biometrics!

01/21 Status changed to "Ready to be interviewed"

01/22 Status changed to "Interview was scheduled"

02/26 Green Card Interview & Approved!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
6 hours ago, Grant & Bri said:

Been 38 days since they received my RFE, 60 days since I completed biometrics and currently stuck at RFE received. Do you think it’s worth calling? I called 2 weeks ago now, I know the processing time can take up to 90 days for them to respond to a RFE but I know most people on here get a response before 30 days. I’m sorry just really impatient. 

I think it's worth calling, just to make sure.
They received my RFE 30 days ago and I called them yesterday to know what was going on, since I was seeing people here getting their case scheduled for interview when their RFE got received well after mine. My case still hasn't changed, but they said that the window for the RFE to get approved is 60 days, after that you can file a reclamation on the USCIS website. Not 90 days !
I'm really impatient too, especially more so now that people are starting to get their EAD approved. I really just need to work, bills have been difficult to pay lately...

2 hours ago, HP+IC said:

2 hours ago, B.V. said:

Hi. Yes! I agree with u. This is what I did. When I got my combo card and went after week to SSA and applied for SSN. SSA supposed to have request already from USCIS at that time but nothing was done from USCIS side lol 

Thank you both regarding this! Hopefully a SSN isn't required for most jobs then as I want to be in work prior to Christmas! 

How long did your SSN take to arrive?

4 hours ago, brandonflude1 said:

No doubt. My biggest worry is finding a new job, and hoping I’m not too rusty on my skills. To be honest, I don’t remember a thing, but I just have to convince someone to give me a job and I’ll pick it back up. 😂

Absolutely agree with you there, there isn't anything nearby here which is my old job but hopefully it comes across as transferable as it is! :D 

Edited by LukeU

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.