dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview September 2019

720 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

If we are moving to California,  does anyone know if I can go through the immigration process in Ontario International Airport rather than LAX?

I heard the immigration line in LAX is just too long...would like to try other international airport instead.

Thanks in advance!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, PrincessCRV said:

Happy to be joining the wait for an interview. Got DQ this morning!

We have nearly identical timelines.  We were DQ on June 4th, and still waiting waiting waiting...

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Scottie D. Luffy said:

If we are moving to California,  does anyone know if I can go through the immigration process in Ontario International Airport rather than LAX?

I heard the immigration line in LAX is just too long...would like to try other international airport instead.

Thanks in advance!

Planning the same! LAX is so busy. When I left a week ago, flew out of ONT and wow! The parking and airport is not crazy busy! I believe we can it is listed as port of entry https://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports/ontario-airport

will e-mail CBP to be sure. 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, SunnyTiger said:

We have nearly identical timelines.  We were DQ on June 4th, and still waiting waiting waiting...

Yes, we do! Except you got out of NVC much faster than we did. Hoping the wait for an interview isn't too long. We really want to be together by Christmas! Fingers crossed you hear something soon!

7 hours ago, theblooray said:

Well that's annoying. The i864ez was signed by my spouse and uploaded in the US itself. Do I need to have her sign another and mailed to me? I've just been reading on the DOS website.

''Original birth certificate, in both Bangla and English, for all spouses and children of the principal applicant (even if they are not accompanying);''

Does the above mean that I, the applicant, must carry my petitioner's original birth certificate??

The i864(ez) forms can only be taken as a photocopy. Unless the petitioner is planning to go there then they can bring originals. I just scanned mines to hubby just made color photocopies. They just need to make sure that it’s signed by the petitioner and to match it with the scanned to nvc. I wouldn’t want to risk sending my personal info through international mail to BD just to have it lost or whatever may be the case. All OG documents should be documents of the beneficiary. They even said to just take photocopies of proof of domicile, proof of citizenship of the petitioner. It only makes sense. At least that is what we are planning to do. 

Edited by naz94

CR1/IR1 for Hubby

Marriage:                           2018-08-19

Sent in I-130:                     2018-10-09

NOA1:                                 2018-10-17

Priority Date:                     2018-10-12

*Potomac Service Center*

NOA2:                                 2019-02-12

Sent to Dept of State:      2019-02-21

NVC Received:                  2019-03-01

Received Case #:              2019-04-03

Pay AOS Bill:                      2019-04-03

Pay IV Bill:                          2019-04-03

Submit DS-261:                 2019-04-06

Submit I-864:                     2019-04-08

Send AOS Package:          2019-04-16

Send IV Package:              2019-04-16

NVC RFE:                            2019-04-23 

Resubmitted RFE:             2019-04-24

Case Complete:                2019-05-14

Interview Letter:                2019-09-16

Interview:                           2019-10-22    APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I think the worst part of this whole process is after getting the date for your interview and the thoughts that go through one's mind. The what ifs.. I haven't slept well since getting him getting the actual date.. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone again, I have a concern regarding the status being updated with today’s date. Some times ago, I went on to CEAC to Check my case status and it indicates as “REAdy”.Under the ready indication, I saw last checked date and to my surprise,It has the date of today. I haven’t been even interviewed yet but The Visa case got updated with today’s date. I wonder as to why it is the case?has anybody who has been interviewed at US consulate Mumbai experienced this thing ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Kartinee23 said:

Planning the same! LAX is so busy. When I left a week ago, flew out of ONT and wow! The parking and airport is not crazy busy! I believe we can it is listed as port of entry https://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports/ontario-airport

will e-mail CBP to be sure. 

Yeah, I saw Ontario on the list!

Can you please share once you have anything from CBP?

Thank you!

Hello

Any filers from the UK who are DQ and still waiting for their interview letter?

Case Complete to Interview S/sheet doesn't have much data to go on for UK filers unfortunately. I can see here some peeps wait for months just to get the email confirming the interview date. 

Also - if we filed online through CAEC, does the interview invite arrive via email or post? 

Thanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone again, I have a concern regarding the status being updated with today’s date. Some times ago, I went on to CEAC to Check my case status and it indicates as “REAdy”.Under the ready indication, I saw last checked date and to my surprise,It has the date of today. I haven’t been even interviewed yet but The Visa case got updated with today’s date. I wonder as to why it is the case?has anybody who jut got the interview date at US consulate Mumbai has experienced this thing ?i am worried because it happened today too.Anyone of the F2A applicants who has a pending interview at Mumbai US consulate  is noticing their Status date being changed  with a new date prior to being interviewed?I

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

U.S. Visa Status for IV Applicants

• Ready

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at a U.S. Consular location. Once you have scheduled an appointment for the interview, you need to prepare any documents outlined in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the date and time instructed. Otherwise, you'll need to wait until you receive notice of your interview appointment. You can find out more information about how IV interview appointments are scheduled on the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Consular Affairs website.

• Administrative Processing

Your visa application case is undergoing administrative processing, which can take several weeks. Follow any instructions that a Consular Officer gives you at the time of your interview. Once your visa application gets approved, it will be processed and mailed to you within two business days. Note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual limit for that category was reached.

• Issued

Your visa is printed. Depending on the requirements at the location where you got interviewed, your visa will be mailed or will be available at the location for you to pick up.

• Expired

You receive this notification when your registration for a visa application is canceled. Any petition received on your behalf is also canceled. This status also indicates that, after one year, your application might be reinstated if you could establish that your failure to get your immigrant visa application was a result of circumstances beyond your control. If you want to get an immigrant visa, a petitioner needs to contact the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) USCIS for filing of a new immigrant visa petition.

• Expiring Soon

If you don't apply for your immigrant visa within one year of receiving a request to do so, your visa application registration and any petition approved on your behalf will get canceled. You can reinstate your application and validate your petition within one year as long as you prove that the failure to get an immigrant visa application was due to circumstances beyond your control.

• Return to NVC

Your visa application case was returned to the National Visa Center (NVC). You'll need to contact the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs for additional information.

• Transfer in Progress

Your immigrant visa case has been transferred to another U.S. Consular office.

• Refused

Your immigrant visa case is closed. Refer to the letter you received at your interview for more details.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

90+ days since DQ; no update for Mumbai interview!

I called NVC this morning and even escalated to the supervisor. No dice. Told me there's nothing they can tell me. I told them that this is past their 90 day timeline; they pushed back advising me that there's no such thing like a 90 day timeline to setup an interview. I advised them that this is not inline with what their own agents told me in the past, but they still stuck to their guns.

For reference, here are my case details: PD: June 1, 2018. DQ: April 29, 2019. IR-5 :(

fyi @Potomac @rockvil

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, wisedog said:

90+ days since DQ; no update for Mumbai interview!

I called NVC this morning and even escalated to the supervisor. No dice. Told me there's nothing they can tell me. I told them that this is past their 90 day timeline; they pushed back advising me that there's no such thing like a 90 day timeline to setup an interview. I advised them that this is not inline with what their own agents told me in the past, but they still stuck to their guns.

For reference, here are my case details: PD: June 1, 2018. DQ: April 29, 2019. IR-5 :(

fyi @Potomac @rockvil

There’s no point in calling them anymore for Mumbai. They change the rules every time we call foul. 

Mumbai Visa Timeline Telegram Group:

please PM me for link!

19 hours ago, naz94 said:

The i864(ez) forms can only be taken as a photocopy. Unless the petitioner is planning to go there then they can bring originals. I just scanned mines to hubby just made color photocopies. They just need to make sure that it’s signed by the petitioner and to match it with the scanned to nvc. I wouldn’t want to risk sending my personal info through international mail to BD just to have it lost or whatever may be the case. All OG documents should be documents of the beneficiary. They even said to just take photocopies of proof of domicile, proof of citizenship of the petitioner. It only makes sense. At least that is what we are planning to do. 

Cheers for that! Are you STILL waiting on an IL??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.