Ischnura

Petition denied.

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Visas are only interviewed for and given overseas, not stateside.  I don't believe there are exceptions made for military dependents.  What is her current status in the US?  

It's starting to sound like they just either didn't know the full process for the visa & thought the initial approval was all they needed or thought it could be completed here.

I'm going to guess with the denial they're now out of status. 

Edited by Ischnura

event.png

There is a Foreign Military Spouse Association facebook group, it would be a really good idea to post in that group also as others may have had similar experiences. Can also speak to JAG on base and they should provide legal guidance for you about what's next. 

Concurrent filing(I-130/I-485) packet sent via UPS - 08/04/2020

Packet received at USCIS - 08/07/2020

Checks cashed - 08/22/2020

NOA1s dated - 08/25/2020

NOA1s received - 08/31/2020

I-693 Deficiency Notice received - 09/21/2020

RFE for I-944 received - 11/17/2020

I-944 response to RFE delivered to USCIS - 11/24/2020

Biometrics - 12/22/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'ready to schedule interview' - 12/31/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'Interview was scheduled' - 01/05/2021

AOS Interview - 02/03/2021

AOS status changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced' - 02/03/2021

Reviewed I-130 and I-485 approval letters - 02/07/2021

Greencard received - 02/11/2021

I-751 mailed to Phoenix PO Box via USPS - 11/7/2022

I-751 received at USCIS - 11/8/2022

Text notification received - 11/10/2022 (SRCXXXXXXX)

Check cashed - 11/15/2022

Received extension letter - 11/19/2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

The issue is she could have returned to her country as her authorized stay in Germany ended. While in her country the immigration process could have been completed. Coming to the US without the a visa is not the proper way to do things. Even as two US citizens, when I gave birth in Germany we had to extend our tour to allow time to received the child's passport. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 minutes ago, belinda63 said:

The issue is she could have returned to her country as her authorized stay in Germany ended. While in her country the immigration process could have been completed. Coming to the US without the a visa is not the proper way to do things. Even as two US citizens, when I gave birth in Germany we had to extend our tour to allow time to received the child's passport. 

yes,  she could have and as a military dependent ,   she has an allotment

OP - I would reach out to @Roel, she is quite knowledgeable about things military as a dependent and might be able to provide some assistance and/or insight. 

As others have said, only the serviceman gets orders, dependents get permissions to accompany if the tour is an accompanied one, either way good luck 

*** Thread closed as OP has received the appropriate advice and have requested it to be closed

VJ Moderation 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.