Greenbaum

JULY - AUGUST 2019 K-1 NOA2 to NVC

1,256 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We received our NOA2 yesterday!! So happy and so relieved. I read through the pdf on the first page and signed up for email updates. What I’m wondering is if there’s anything I should give my fiancé in person before the interview in Guangzhou. We’re going on vacation next month, and it will probably be the last time I can see her in person before she’s ready to immigrate. I’ve already prepped copies of the K1 application and pictures/proof of an ongoing relationship. Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

1 hour ago, yarbral said:

We received our NOA2 yesterday!! So happy and so relieved. I read through the pdf on the first page and signed up for email updates. What I’m wondering is if there’s anything I should give my fiancé in person before the interview in Guangzhou. We’re going on vacation next month, and it will probably be the last time I can see her in person before she’s ready to immigrate. I’ve already prepped copies of the K1 application and pictures/proof of an ongoing relationship. Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

Read through these links to answer your questions.

The GUZ P3 is what prevents people in China from getting a head start, they want the instructions page mailed back with the requested documents.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp#KVisaPetitions

P3 Letter for China:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gcrLW0OCkGfdz43tehWNmgDayJUrRTdj/view?usp=sharing

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou when it is time to schedule an interview. K visa applicants will be notified by the U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou when it is time to schedule an interview. You cannot schedule your interview appointment till such time as you have been sent the P3 letter from the Embassy and have returned the requested documents. 

Here is some help from other members here on VJ:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/94-china/

And the Portal here on VJ for processing in China and what to expect
http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=China&cty=Guangzhou

and the http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp

Don't waste time while you're waiting for P3, complete DS-160 and print confirmation page. Since you are from China go to the 2nd link below and click immigrant to register under K1 visa. After you register and enter info it should be clear on how to pay fee, make sure you print bank deposit slip. Just follow directions under Nonimmigrant Visa, but make sure when you register K1 is under Immigrant Visa. 

Directions go to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-niv-visaapply.asp 

Register(Create Account) https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=China 

After you register make sure to choose K1 visa under Immigrant, it wasn't an option for under non-immigrant. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

36 minutes ago, AlbanX said:

Received the email stating that my case is on it's way to the embassy. Does the DHL hack still work? Should I put in EXP 23 JUL 2019A? 

If it's in the pdf then yes it is current information.  I update the PDF when something changes and right now no changes have been reported. Why not just follow the hack and see if it works for you. What do the instructions tell you to use or as you say "to put in" for the EXP date? That would be your answer.

Why is there a PDF file? Read the first sentence from the PDF for the answer.  Oy Vey!

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

On 7/19/2019 at 7:59 AM, Sarge2155 said:

No you don't have to wait for the hard copy NOA2, only that your petition has been approved. The shipment dates are every other Tuesday with the next and last date in July being July 23rd, then starting in August, August 6th and 20th. It's not written anywhere that you can look at it's just been that way for several years!

so i updated my email with NVC, but i haven't received any conformation from them. is that normal or do i need to re do it? i did it on 07/20. thanks

2 hours ago, js1ngh said:

so i updated my email with NVC, but i haven't received any conformation from them. is that normal or do i need to re do it? i did it on 07/20. thanks

Yes it's normal they don't  always acknowledge your email. You are good to go...........relax

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Binbin22 said:

NOA2  7/9

two weeks waiting for NVC.. hopefully not log to go.. fingers crossed 🤞 

Our NOA2 was 7/8 and we're still waiting too. I hope by the end of July they update the case "at NVC". 🤞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Binbin22 said:

NOA2  7/9

two weeks waiting for NVC.. hopefully not log to go.. fingers crossed 🤞 

1 hour ago, AnnaMaria1417 said:

Our NOA2 was 7/8 and we're still waiting too. I hope by the end of July they update the case "at NVC". 🤞

My NOA2 was 7/3 and Im still waiting. NVC says it can take six weeks and the pdf on the first page states 30 days but mileage could vary. We all still have a little more time to wait. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, TennilleO said:

My NOA2 was 7/3 and Im still waiting. NVC says it can take six weeks and the pdf on the first page states 30 days but mileage could vary. We all still have a little more time to wait. 

Let’s give it another week or two.. Hopefully we can all make it to the August 20th shipping 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

NOA1- April 1, 2019

NOA2- June 19, 2019

received NVC case number today via phone and number was issued by NVC on July 19, 2019. 

Happy to be moving forward and hopefully this may help others waiting on their journey to receive case numbers from nvc

Consistent with the PDF at the beginning of this post. 

Thanks @Greenbaum

2 hours ago, Binbin22 said:

Let’s give it another week or two.. Hopefully we can all make it to the August 20th shipping 

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

Do I register my email with the NVC now? And if I do.. how do I do it? Is it the same process as going to submit an inquiry?  

11 minutes ago, AandH said:

Do I register my email with the NVC now? And if I do.. how do I do it? Is it the same process as going to submit an inquiry?  

Yes to both questions.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.