Dennis117

How to leave the USA

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everyone.

I have a bit of a different question.
Now please don’t scold me, I know it was wrong, but I’ve overstayed twice now.
Im from Germany. First I came with the ESTA Visa Waiver program. Overstayed a bit and had to get a visa in Frankfurt. Now I’ve overstayed again for half a year. Reasons are personal because I have family here. But that’s not the issue.

The question is, how can I leave? I’m in Florida, and want to fly to South Korea next month. Permanently leaving the USA. 
Can i fly from Florida to California and then to Korea, or will they detain me in Orlando? Should I drive by train to San Francisco and leave from there? I’m pretty sure the US has a no deny of exit policy. But I’m not sure. 
I just want to know if I can fly domestically from Florida to California and then to Korea, or from California to Korea.
Anyone know if they will detain me anywhere? 
I have no criminal record or anything, just overstayed my visa. 

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long text.

Timeline

First of all, I am sorry for being a reason people are denied visas to come to the USA. I truly apologize and regret doing this in the first place. It’s complicated so I’m not going into detail, just know that I am sorry. 

But one more thing...you don’t think I would get detained and held at SFO airport if I fly from Florida to California? 

Sorry for the inconvenience and selfishness in regards about people that truly truly need a visa more than I did. 

I plan on never returning. 

Edited by Dennis117

Timeline
2 minutes ago, missileman said:

It was automatically revoked on day 1 of his latest (and final ) overstay.

Alright and I accept that. 

But you have to know that as a foreigner having never been here before, I didn’t know I was inadvertently causing harm. 

My mother is 70 years old and legally living here, that’s the sole reason why i came and stayed here longer. 

Anyway thank you for your replies. 

Filed: Timeline

You need to check what kind of ID is required for a domestic flight with the airline and airport you are using. What kind of valid ID do you have? CBP is at all airports as well as various checkpoints around the country. Typically for domestic flights people aren't asked legal status questions but it can happen. If you are undocumented it's best to avoid situations where you can encounter CBP. 

I have seen (CBP/Immigration) them at LAX airport waiting on the entrance of the airplane after you show your ticket the final time to actually step on the plane inside the walkway pulling out certain people looking for overstays. 

I thought it was strange and I commented that they are just trying to leave the country why are you hassling these people. This was about 4 years ago on a flight to Manila. 

ChickBoy

Timeline

Thanks a lot people!

I really appreciate the answers you all gave me.

I have a Valid German Passport and German ID. I am not an undocumented Immigrant since I entered the country legally. 

And yes i hope they think the same way like you, that they should let me leave instead of wasting tax money on me. I am willing to leave and have the tickets for Korea and then from there back to Germany already. 

Thank you 😊

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Falcon Cara said:

I have seen (CBP/Immigration) them at LAX airport waiting on the entrance of the airplane after you show your ticket the final time to actually step on the plane inside the walkway pulling out certain people looking for overstays. 

I thought it was strange and I commented that they are just trying to leave the country why are you hassling these people. This was about 4 years ago on a flight to Manila. 

As I was typing that you wrote that. 

Oh boy I hope that doesn’t happen. 

And yes I’ll say it again, I am sorry for the overstays....but I just want to leave. I never intended to live or work here. 

1 minute ago, Dennis117 said:

As I was typing that you wrote that. 

Oh boy I hope that doesn’t happen. 

And yes I’ll say it again, I am sorry for the overstays....but I just want to leave. I never intended to live or work here. 

I have flown out of USA about 30 times in the last 10 years and this was a first for me, You should be fine I just wanted to give you a heads up. 

ChickBoy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 hours ago, Falcon Cara said:

I have flown out of USA about 30 times in the last 10 years and this was a first for me, You should be fine I just wanted to give you a heads up. 

I also have flown at least 50 times out of the country in the past 10 years, and most of them out of LAX. I have seen lots of things from drug dogs catching drug runners, I've seen people pulled from planes with brute Force, I have seen them waiting for planes to land and then arrest people getting off planes, but never problems leaving. Guess it's always a possibility, but I would think the odds of that happening are really slim.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Does happen, I have seen report of people being detained. There was that poster who had married and not filed to adjust who posted on here not long ago.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.