dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2019

396 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, Agie3105 said:

Hi All! 

My husband and I submitted all our financial and civil documents on June 5th. On June 28th NVC emailed to say that two docs had to be corrected (I had to re-scan my passport so it is horizontal and not vertical (!)). Re-uploaded on the same day (June 28th) but still waiting for NVC to review (status of the re-uploaded docs is submitted as opposed to approved as the other ones). How long does it take for the NVC to review those, do you know? 

Also, once the case is completed, does the interview letter come through by email or post?

Thanks Folks x 

Hello Agie3105,

What exactly did you mean when you said you had to re-scan your passport so it is horizontal and not vertical? I had my passport scanned and uploaded vertically (I) and not horizontally (--) so that the photograph and details on my data page is easily seen and read by anybody without having to rotate it. 

Are you saying it will be rejected? 

9 minutes ago, sunrisecouples said:

Hello Agie3105,

What exactly did you mean when you said you had to re-scan your passport so it is horizontal and not vertical? I had my passport scanned and uploaded vertically (I) and not horizontally (--) so that the photograph and details on my data page is easily seen and read by anybody without having to rotate it. 

Are you saying it will be rejected? 

If the scan is vertical then you're good. I wrongly assumed that wouldn't matter 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
9 hours ago, PrincessCRV said:

Congratulations on getting DQ! With regard to the message about your sponsor..... they do not make the decision on whether to approve your sponsor. That will come from the consulate. They are warning you that they don't feel that your sponsor meets the requirements and that you might need to get a joint sponsor. NVC only accept documents and makes sure that you have submitted everything you need to move to the consulate stage. Depending on how strict your consulate is and whether he has sufficient US income, you may want to think about bringing an 1-864 for a joint sponsor in case they request it. If you don't have this and they don't feel he meets the requirements, you can be put in administrative processing while you find a joint sponsor. If there is any question whether he qualifies, bring the joint sponsor info to your interview. If they don't ask for one, then you don't have to present it. Better than adding more time to your case. Good luck!

Thank you for the explanations! It's all clear in my head now :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

We got our NOA2 on June 27th, and are now waiting for our case number from NVC. I'm planning to visit my husband in the US for 2 months September through October. What happens if the US embassy in my country schedules an interview during those 2 months? How much power do I have over the dates for my doctor's visit and the embassy interview?

On 7/10/2019 at 2:36 AM, SadafAsif said:

I have submitted AOS and IV documents to NVC on 28thJune and it was accepted by 2nd July but they rejected one document so I resubmitted yesterday. I can see here people are talking about huge wait times for review. Not sure if I was just lucky last time for the documents to be reviewed and accepted so fast. Wish did not got an rfe and this time hope they accept the document re submitted. If u guys can share ur timeline of when u submitted and when they accepted it would b helpful for me to estimate

Yes, the wait times upon a resubmission seems to be longer. I resubmitted mine on 06/19. Nothing yet. I believe quite a few folks in this forum indicated the same. Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

We got our NOA2 on June 27th, and are now waiting for our case number from NVC. I'm planning to visit my husband in the US for 2 months September through October. What happens if the US embassy in my country schedules an interview during those 2 months? How much power do I have over the dates for my doctor's visit and the embassy interview?

Have you called to see if your case has been received? We got our NOA2 from Nebraska on June 26th and I called today and NVC said they haven't received the case yet.

1 hour ago, IamHereSheIsThere said:

Yes, the wait times upon a resubmission seems to be longer. I resubmitted mine on 06/19. Nothing yet. I believe quite a few folks in this forum indicated the same. Good luck!

Yea right may be...hoping for best and best of luck to u too...do let me know If ur submission response comes

thx

Hi All,

Just want to share the good news. Finally, received mail from NVC that all my documents are qualified. Alhamdullilah. I am soo happy to see this today early morning. 

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all of the fees, forms, and documents that are required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate General overseas.

Now, I would just like to know how much time does it take for an interview date to be scheduled after DQ. And hope this means now the case is completed right?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, SadafAsif said:

Hi All,

Just want to share the good news. Finally, received mail from NVC that all my documents are qualified. Alhamdullilah. I am soo happy to see this today early morning. 

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all of the fees, forms, and documents that are required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate General overseas.

Now, I would just like to know how much time does it take for an interview date to be scheduled after DQ. And hope this means now the case is completed right?

Congratulations!!

12 hours ago, SadafAsif said:

Hi All,

Could you please let us know your date of submission?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.