dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2019

396 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome to another monthly thread for those going through NVC

Please read everything below and refer to it throughout your NVC journey, whether this is your first month at NVC or your third. :bonk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting questions, please read the wiki Saylin wrote on the NVC process here. Once you're done, read it one or two more times to really understand it ;)Don't forget to also read the official form instructions as well as USCIS and NVC's websites!

If you want to see a visual of the NVC process, please view Saylin's flowchart here.

Yes this thread was created by our great Queen Saylin and the knowledge is still going forward. This thread I pray stays alive and well as many who have gone through the process or still going can chime in and help and assist.

If you're wondering about time frames, look at the fellow members right here in this thread! Study their signatures/timelines and make notes. VJ also has this awesome page. Use it! I sure did during my process smile.png That means if you are on this thread WE expect you to have an up to date timeline.

Current case file creation time:

This is the link to go to see what date they are working on. Follow  it says up to 6 weeks but recently that 6 weeks is about 4 weeks from approval at USCIS.
Once your case has been created, we will contact you with instructions on how to begin processing. Until your case is entered into our system, we unfortunately won’t have any information about your case.

Current case review time:

This is the link to see what date they are reviewing. Please allow up to three-weeks for NVC to review your forms and documents once we receive both the petitioner’s financial documents and the applicant’s civil documents. You must also have paid all required fees and submitted your visa application online. We will not review your file until we have received all of the above items

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

And once you've got a case complete, please join the case complete/interview thread started by me, Dwheels76 on (currently August 2019 thread),

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/711430-case-complete-to-interview-august-2019/

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey friends.

Our NOA2 was June 19, 2019. We received the I-797 letter June 24th stating they had forwarded our case to the NVC.

We called Thursday, June 27th, 2019. Nothing yet (as expected.) We will continue to call 1x/wk until we are notified that our case has been received at the NVC.

Will keep you all updated. Best of luck to all of you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello July, 

Greetings everyone. My wife and I received an email from NVC last Thursday, the 27th of June with my Case Number and Invoice ID Number. My NVC account has also been activated but we are having problems with making payment on the NVC website. My wife tried paying $120 on Saturday but kept reloading the page after several attempts to successfully complete payment. She has called NVC today but to no avail. What do we do at this point, to prevent her account from being charged multiple times for the same fee and to confirm that the fee has been paid? Do we wait until after Wednesday or Friday (after 3 business days)? 

1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Well our journey is finally over.  We were approved at the interview last Tuesday and the visas were listed as Issued on Thursday.  We are just waiting on the email from the delivery service and all three should be in the States next week.

Congratulations 

On 6/30/2019 at 3:17 PM, Jaret&Rachael said:

Hey friends.

Our NOA2 was June 19, 2019. We received the I-797 letter June 24th stating they had forwarded our case to the NVC.

We called Thursday, June 27th, 2019. Nothing yet (as expected.) We will continue to call 1x/wk until we are notified that our case has been received at the NVC.

Will keep you all updated. Best of luck to all of you!

Please what number did you call. Thank you 

Timeline
1 hour ago, OluD said:

Please what number did you call. Thank you 

National Visa Center (NVC) 

Phone: (603) 334-0700
9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. EST
Monday through Friday
(excluding holidays)

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/contact-us/us-visas.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am still waiting for NVC case number 😕

PD May 10, 2018

I-130 approved  april 11

Sent to NVC      june 11

Received by NVC  june 21

Edited by Ginwill

1 minute ago, Zulfiya Salah said:

Hello everybody! My husband filing form i 184 and as we understood we can do it  electronic but somehow I cant type some parts of it 

Like  Part 5 etc

what is the best way to do it online? 

If you're on PC, you can download a free trial of Adobe Acrobat to add text fields. On a Mac, you can use the preview app. Just one thing to note, if you submit the PDF, make sure you turn it into read only copy or it'll get rejected. I had to learn this the hard way.

Friday, August 10th, 2018 - Mailed I-130

Friday, August 24th, 2018 - Remailed I-130

Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 - Available for Pickup

Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 - Picked up

Friday, August 31st, 2018 - Payment Accepted

Tuesday, September 4th, 2018 - NOA1

Tuesday, April 16th, 2019 - NOA2 (USPS Mail)

Monday, April 22nd, 2019 - Sent to USCIS (Status Available Online)

Monday, May 20th, 2019 - NVC Case Number Generated

Monday, May 20th, 2019 - AOS/IV Paid

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019 - Payment Received

Monday, June 3rd, 2019 - Documents Submitted

Thursday, June 20th, 2019 - (RFE) Issues with Documents

Thursday, June 27th, 2019 - Documents Re-submitted

Friday, July 19th, 2019 - Documents Qualified

Monday, August 19th, 2019 - Interview Letter
Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019 - Interview Date

Friday, September 6th, 2019 - Visa Pickup From Document Service Center

1 minute ago, ipatientlywaiting said:

If you're on PC, you can download a free trial of Adobe Acrobat to add text fields. On a Mac, you can use the preview app. Just one thing to note, if you submit the PDF, make sure you turn it into read only copy or it'll get rejected. I had to learn this the hard way.

thanks a lot! it was so good to know!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ginwill said:

I am still waiting for NVC case number 😕

PD May 10, 2018

I-130 approved  april 11

Sent to NVC      june 11

Received by NVC  june 21

How do you know when the case was received by NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Nath_Nik said:

How do you know when the case was received by NVC

I called NVC if they received my case or not 

The NVC person on the phone confirmed the received date 

you can call them and ask if they have your case or not 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Zulfiya Salah said:

Hello everybody! My husband filing form i 184 and as we understood we can do it  electronic but somehow I cant type some parts of it 

Like  Part 5 etc

what is the best way to do it online? 

try a different file reader, what are you currently using? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.