dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2019

396 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, sunrisecouples said:

Hello July NVC filers, 

I really need an answer from anyone who has submitted his/her I-864EZ Affidavit of Support form and Tax transcripts + W2s.

Our AOS fee has been confirmed PAID and our IV fee is IN PROCESS, so we want to start by filling out the I-864EZ Affidavit of Support form but we want to know if we are submit Tax Transcripts + W2s of 2016, 2017 and 2018 or if we are submit Tax Transcript + W2 of 2018 alone. Thank you. 

2016,2017 ,2018Transcript will be enough...for 2019 do submit few month worth of W-2’s...make sure do not attach anything with Transcripts...w-2 goes in separate and Transcripts goes separate...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, The Rock ll said:

2016,2017 ,2018Transcript will be enough...for 2019 do submit few month worth of W-2’s...make sure do not attach anything with Transcripts...w-2 goes in separate and Transcripts goes separate...

Thank you @THEROCKII, 

I just spoke to my wife about this.

First, she said Tax Transcripts of 2019 isn't available now until January 2020. 

Secondly, she said Tax Transcripts always comes together with W2s.

So we decided to submit Tax Transcripts + W2s of 2016, 2017 and 2018, in addition with 6months Pay Stubs of her new job (because the salary of her new job is well above the minimum income requirement). Is this okay? 

2 minutes ago, sunrisecouples said:

Thank you @THEROCKII, 

So we decided to submit Tax Transcripts + W2s of 2016, 2017 and 2018, in addition with 6months Pay Stubs of her new job (because the salary of her new job is well above the minimum income requirement). Is this okay? 

Seeing the number of RFE due to missing w2 forms, I submitted the last 3 years of tax forms, 2 years of w2, and my most recent pay stub. All the documents were accepted so I think it's better to be safe than sorry here.  

Friday, August 10th, 2018 - Mailed I-130

Friday, August 24th, 2018 - Remailed I-130

Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 - Available for Pickup

Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 - Picked up

Friday, August 31st, 2018 - Payment Accepted

Tuesday, September 4th, 2018 - NOA1

Tuesday, April 16th, 2019 - NOA2 (USPS Mail)

Monday, April 22nd, 2019 - Sent to USCIS (Status Available Online)

Monday, May 20th, 2019 - NVC Case Number Generated

Monday, May 20th, 2019 - AOS/IV Paid

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019 - Payment Received

Monday, June 3rd, 2019 - Documents Submitted

Thursday, June 20th, 2019 - (RFE) Issues with Documents

Thursday, June 27th, 2019 - Documents Re-submitted

Friday, July 19th, 2019 - Documents Qualified

Monday, August 19th, 2019 - Interview Letter
Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019 - Interview Date

Friday, September 6th, 2019 - Visa Pickup From Document Service Center

1 minute ago, sunrisecouples said:

Thank you @THEROCKII, 

I never mentioned 2019 Transcript...read my post carefully...16,17,18... Transcripts only..do not attach W-2’s with Transcripts ...it will get rejected and you will have to wait another 3 weeks for review...you can submit paystubs for 2019 and again upload separate and not to mix with any docs

Timeline
33 minutes ago, ipatientlywaiting said:

Seeing the number of RFE due to missing w2 forms, I submitted the last 3 years of tax forms, 2 years of w2, and my most recent pay stub. All the documents were accepted so I think it's better to be safe than sorry here.  

Yes, @ipatientlywaiting

It's better to be safe than having to wait another 3weeks for review. Thank you for your response. 

Timeline
39 minutes ago, The Rock ll said:

I never mentioned 2019 Transcript...read my post carefully...16,17,18... Transcripts only..do not attach W-2’s with Transcripts ...it will get rejected and you will have to wait another 3 weeks for review...you can submit paystubs for 2019 and again upload separate and not to mix with any docs

40 minutes ago, The Rock ll said:

Thank you @THEROCKII, 

We will upload 2016, 2017 and 2018 Tax Transcripts first. After uploading that, then we will upload the W2s. After that, we will upload 6 months paystubs of 2019. All these documents will be uploaded SEPERATELY, one after the other. We hope to get these documents accepted the first time we submit, so that we don't have to resend any again. Thanks again. 

12 minutes ago, sunrisecouples said:

Thank you @THEROCKII, 

We will upload 2016, 2017 and 2018 Tax Transcripts first. After uploading that, then we will upload the W2s. After that, we will upload 6 months paystubs of 2019. All these documents will be uploaded SEPERATELY, one after the other. We hope to get these documents accepted the first time we submit, so that we don't have to resend any again. Thanks again. 

Make sure u convert every doc into PDF, review yourself on computer, there r tons of APP on App Store to compress docs to under 2 mB..in order to get approved in 1st review...take your time and make sure every doc is in rite folder and in rite size..not flipped upside down...u can review your civil docs but AOS docs , once u uploaded your cannot see them...so that’s why review everything first then upload it..

Timeline
5 hours ago, The Rock ll said:

Make sure u convert every doc into PDF, review yourself on computer, there r tons of APP on App Store to compress docs to under 2 mB..in order to get approved in 1st review...take your time and make sure every doc is in rite folder and in rite size..not flipped upside down...u can review your civil docs but AOS docs , once u uploaded your cannot see them...so that’s why review everything first then upload it..

Thank you so much @THEROCKII,

I have done exactly what you said. I have converted all my Civil docs to a PDF format and have also compressed all of them. They are all below 2mb in size and I'm just waiting for the IV fee to be confirmed PAID, so I can upload them. 

But we have another challenge now. My wife was supposed to pick up the Tax Transcripts from the office of the person handling them but something beyond our control came up and she couldn't get them today. She has been told that inorder to get them in the mail, it could take another 5-10 business days and that could delay this process. So I got on https://travel.state.gov and found out that the Tax Transcripts could be gotten online the from www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript.. But I'm confused and my question now is which Tax Transcript should she request for? Is it the Tax Return Transcript, the Tax Account Transcript, the Record of Account Transcript, the Wage and Income Transcript or the Verification of Non-filing Letter? I really don't know much about this and we need answers urgently. Thank you. 

5 minutes ago, sunrisecouples said:

Thank you so much @THEROCKII,

I have done exactly what you said. I have converted all my Civil docs to a PDF format and have also compressed all of them. They are all below 2mb in size and I'm just waiting for the IV fee to be confirmed PAID, so I can upload them. 

But we have another challenge now. My wife was supposed to pick up the Tax Transcripts from the office of the person handling them but something beyond our control came up and she couldn't get them today. She has been told that inorder to get them in the mail, it could take another 5-10 business days and that could delay this process. So I got on https://travel.state.gov and found out that the Tax Transcripts could be gotten online the from www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript.. But I'm confused and my question now is which Tax Transcript should she request for? Is it the Tax Return Transcript, the Tax Account Transcript, the Record of Account Transcript, the Wage and Income Transcript or the Verification of Non-filing Letter? I really don't know much about this and we need answers urgently. Thank you. 

Tax return transcript...u have to make an account and verify the identity Of who ever  SSN is..once verified u can log in and get all the Tax return transcripts and save it in your computer instead of printing and wasting time paper...tax return can be uploaded directly from saved computer and it will not go upside down...

Timeline
18 minutes ago, The Rock ll said:

Tax return transcript...u have to make an account and verify the identity Of who ever  SSN is..once verified u can log in and get all the Tax return transcripts and save it in your computer instead of printing and wasting time paper...tax return can be uploaded directly from saved computer and it will not go upside down...

Okay. After saving the Tax return transcripts from the IRS website on my computer, do I need to convert them to a PDF format and have them compressed to less than 2mb in size, just like I did with my Civil docs?

What about the W-2s and Paystubs?

Do I also need to convert them to a PDF format and have them compressed to less than 2mb in size??

8 minutes ago, sunrisecouples said:

Okay. After saving the Tax return transcripts from the IRS website on my computer, do I need to convert them to a PDF format and have them compressed to less than 2mb in size, just like I did with my Civil docs?

What about the W-2s and Paystubs?

Do I also need to convert them to a PDF format and have them compressed to less than 2mb in size??

Yes..any docs that r multiple pages must be compressed to 2Mb or shorter...yes Save Transcripts to your Comp and convert them to PDF..

Timeline
7 minutes ago, The Rock ll said:

Yes..any docs that r multiple pages must be compressed to 2Mb or shorter...yes Save Transcripts to your Comp and convert them to PDF..

Alright. I understand now. Thank you. 

On 7/3/2019 at 4:16 AM, ipatientlywaiting said:

Ouch, I wish we could add all these rejection reasons to keep an eye on in the NVC wiki.

Very sad, our NVC resubmission was rejected again today :cry: , so now we have to wait 3-4 weeks AGAIN. In case anyone else is applying from TAIWAN, beware of the following traps:

First rejection (submitted May 17, rejected June 8)

1. Some original government documents are written in landscape mode. In our first submission, all documents were submitted in portrait mode. We received rejection because NVC was unwilling to rotate certain pages 90 degrees. We had to resubmit PDFs with some pages in portrait mode, some in landscape mode to ensure that the text on every page is horizontal.

Second rejection (resubmitted June 9, rejected July 5)

2. Birth certificates from TAIWAN need to contain both the birth certificate and household registration documents in a single upload. We submitted birth certificate and household registration as two separate upload documents. Because NVC said that household registration is considered to be part of the birth certificate, it should not have been uploaded separately. Really? NVC can't open a 2nd uploaded file? So I have to combine the two documents, resubmit, and wait again...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 7/3/2019 at 3:26 PM, Blair86 said:

How long did they take to review when you submitted the first time?

So my husband called nvc last night and after waiting on the phone an hour and 17 mins he was told that our case was sent to the supervisor for review...hoping for a c.c next week ..fingers crossed 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Steve H said:

Very sad, our NVC resubmission was rejected again today :cry: , so now we have to wait 3-4 weeks AGAIN. In case anyone else is applying from TAIWAN, beware of the following traps:

First rejection (submitted May 17, rejected June 😎

1. Some original government documents are written in landscape mode. In our first submission, all documents were submitted in portrait mode. We received rejection because NVC was unwilling to rotate certain pages 90 degrees. We had to resubmit PDFs with some pages in portrait mode, some in landscape mode to ensure that the text on every page is horizontal.

Second rejection (resubmitted June 9, rejected July 5)

2. Birth certificates from TAIWAN need to contain both the birth certificate and household registration documents in a single upload. We submitted birth certificate and household registration as two separate upload documents. Because NVC said that household registration is considered to be part of the birth certificate, it should not have been uploaded separately. Really? NVC can't open a 2nd uploaded file? So I have to combine the two documents, resubmit, and wait again...

I'm sorry to hear this. I wish the NVC would be more considerate and accommodating when you make a simple mistake of submitting a document in two separate files. Its not as if they provide instructions country specific for uploading the documents. Let us hope they review the birth-certificate fast so you can get a CC. 

I feel your pain, I resubmitted on June 28th and they only need a W2 for a family member. My wife is 30 weeks pregnant and we have been hoping they review quicker than 3 weeks so we can give birth in the US. I hope after July 4th the NVC workers speed things up

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.