dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2019

396 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/13/2019 at 1:23 PM, DylanandLaura said:

You are extremely lucky. I am doing electronic processing through CEAC as are most people here. It takes 3 weeks to a month. I wish it didn't, but it is... Mind you my wife was 23 weeks pregnant at the start of the NVC process, now she is 31 weeks. We have given up all hope things will get processed by the NVC in time for her to enter the US to give birth. We even have the expedite approved for the NVC to send the case straight to the embassy after they look at ONE W2 form. ONE W2!!!! 

Hello Dylan but if your were approved to go straight to embassy, why are you still submitting documents to nvc? You shouldn’t even have to be dealing with nvc anymore 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, MrsEze said:

Hello Dylan but if your were approved to go straight to embassy, why are you still submitting documents to nvc? You shouldn’t even have to be dealing with nvc anymore 

It wasn't approved for expedite straight to the embassy. Once the documents are reviewed by the NVC it will be forwarded directly to the embassy, meaning I don't have to wait for the NVC to schedule an appointment, I schedule it myself. nvc.thumb.PNG.5ff86d62ce754256ea9a44ac8033a2c4.PNG 

On 7/12/2019 at 6:53 PM, K-Kwette said:

Thank you for the explanations! It's all clear in my head now :)

We also got the same message you did, before we had our DQ email. Our situation was similar in a way, my husband is living in Australia with me currently and so hasn't submitted a tax return for 2018 yet as the Aust tax year runs differently to the USA. He also didn't earn anything in 2014-2016 due to studying, so they sent the same message that you had. We have gotten the joint sponsor paperwork ready to take to the interview, just in case they do ask for it. Haven't uploaded it to CEAC, but will take it with us. Better safe than sorry I think!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, alannah_rose said:

We also got the same message you did, before we had our DQ email. Our situation was similar in a way, my husband is living in Australia with me currently and so hasn't submitted a tax return for 2018 yet as the Aust tax year runs differently to the USA. He also didn't earn anything in 2014-2016 due to studying, so they sent the same message that you had. We have gotten the joint sponsor paperwork ready to take to the interview, just in case they do ask for it. Haven't uploaded it to CEAC, but will take it with us. Better safe than sorry I think!

Good to know that we are not alone in this situation! Do you have an interview date yet?

We are going to gather paperwork from a joint sponsor for the interview as well, as you say, better safe than sorry, I don't want to delay the process anymore (especially at this point, it must be very frustrating to be sent back to the NVC stage…)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Submitted on 23 June and just heard back from NVC today! All the documents were accepted except for my police certificate. They say it is not the right side up but it IS. I’ve checked it a dozen times now, opening it up on several devices and it’s opening up horizontally, it’s also under 2mb. So I’m going to rescan it and submit it again. I guess another 3 week wait for them to review it 😔

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Blair86 said:

Submitted on 23 June and just heard back from NVC today! All the documents were accepted except for my police certificate. They say it is not the right side up but it IS. I’ve checked it a dozen times now, opening it up on several devices and it’s opening up horizontally, it’s also under 2mb. So I’m going to rescan it and submit it again. I guess another 3 week wait for them to review it 😔

have you tried to contact NVC and ask them if it's really the wrong side up?

at least there's some progress toward the June 20's submission. I hope to get an update this week 😴 

1 hour ago, Blair86 said:

Sorry to hear that :( and thanks for the status update! I guess they'll get to me next week.

Friday, August 10th, 2018 - Mailed I-130

Friday, August 24th, 2018 - Remailed I-130

Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 - Available for Pickup

Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 - Picked up

Friday, August 31st, 2018 - Payment Accepted

Tuesday, September 4th, 2018 - NOA1

Tuesday, April 16th, 2019 - NOA2 (USPS Mail)

Monday, April 22nd, 2019 - Sent to USCIS (Status Available Online)

Monday, May 20th, 2019 - NVC Case Number Generated

Monday, May 20th, 2019 - AOS/IV Paid

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019 - Payment Received

Monday, June 3rd, 2019 - Documents Submitted

Thursday, June 20th, 2019 - (RFE) Issues with Documents

Thursday, June 27th, 2019 - Documents Re-submitted

Friday, July 19th, 2019 - Documents Qualified

Monday, August 19th, 2019 - Interview Letter
Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019 - Interview Date

Friday, September 6th, 2019 - Visa Pickup From Document Service Center

16 hours ago, K-Kwette said:

Good to know that we are not alone in this situation! Do you have an interview date yet?

We are going to gather paperwork from a joint sponsor for the interview as well, as you say, better safe than sorry, I don't want to delay the process anymore (especially at this point, it must be very frustrating to be sent back to the NVC stage…)

No interview date yet. Been almost a month now, so just trying to be patient!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
20 hours ago, K-Kwette said:

For us it took 3 days.

hi i have a question i am uploading my joint sponsor’s 2018 tax return form.

do i need to  upload all pages of the return or some specific pages?

and if the tax return was filed electronically, do they still need to be signed? I read it aomewhere if preparer’s PTIN number is on the form they dont need to be signed.

i am so confused.

Any suggestions please!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ginwill said:

hi i have a question i am uploading my joint sponsor’s 2018 tax return form.

do i need to  upload all pages of the return or some specific pages?

and if the tax return was filed electronically, do they still need to be signed? I read it aomewhere if preparer’s PTIN number is on the form they dont need to be signed.

i am so confused.

Any suggestions please!

Sorry, I'm not sure, my husband is the USC and I'm not really qualified to answer you since I didn't take care of the tax paperwork,

I'm sure others will be able to help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.