Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, Sharon & Thomas said:

Dear all,

Just want to share my happiness.

Got interview letter today! 

Case completed: June 24

Hopefully everyone can get update soon! 

So exciting! You are so close to the end of your journey!! Congrats!

Hi All! 

My husband and I submitted all our financial and civil documents on June 5th. On June 28th NVC emailed to say that two docs had to be corrected (I had to re-scan my passport so it is horizontal and not vertical (!)). Re-uploaded on the same day (June 28th) but still waiting for NVC to review (status of the re-uploaded docs is submitted as opposed to approved as the other ones). How long does it take for the NVC to review those, do you know? 

Also, once the case is completed, does the interview letter come through by email or post?

Thanks Folks x 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Agie3105 said:

Hi All! 

My husband and I submitted all our financial and civil documents on June 5th. On June 28th NVC emailed to say that two docs had to be corrected (I had to re-scan my passport so it is horizontal and not vertical (!)). Re-uploaded on the same day (June 28th) but still waiting for NVC to review (status of the re-uploaded docs is submitted as opposed to approved as the other ones). How long does it take for the NVC to review those, do you know? 

Also, once the case is completed, does the interview letter come through by email or post?

Thanks Folks x 

We have the same exact timeline. It's taking roughly between three to four weeks for them to review. I resubmitted June 28th and the NVC will probably review the document sometime after July 19th. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Got approved today! Submitted on the 23rd of June. 

We got two emails, and when I logged on the NVC website, we also had two messages. One with the title ''All required applicant documents have been received and approved'' and the message is ''Documentary Qualified''

And then title ''NVC feedback''  and the message is : John does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants for this case. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 for a joint sponsor may be submitted. FINANCIAL SPONSORSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: Financial sponsors, joint sponsors, and applicants should be aware of responsibilities when signing an I-864 and the consequences for a sponsored immigrant's acceptance of federal means-tested public benefits. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos.

It's weird no? That we were approved but that we might need a joint-sponsor? Anybody with a similar situation or advice? My husband is way above poverty line but because we were travelling around the worl the previous two years, he doesn't have anything on it's tax records. Also, he left the US about 10 years ago to study and work in Europe so he doesn't have much tax history in the US anyways. 

The NVC website is on the status ''ACCEPTED''

Edited by K-Kwette

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Both my AOS and IV fees have been confirmed PAID in my account on the ceac website. So I have filled/submitted the DS-260 form and now uploading the Civil docs but I don't know what to upload in the PHOTOGRAPHS section. What exactly are they asking for? 

IMG-20190711-WA0042.jpg

5 minutes ago, sunrisecouples said:

Both my AOS and IV fees have been confirmed PAID in my account on the ceac website. So I have filled/submitted the DS-260 form and now uploading the Civil docs but I don't know what to upload in the PHOTOGRAPHS section. What exactly are they asking for? 

IMG-20190711-WA0042.jpg

PHOTOGRAPHS is your 2x2 pictures (passport picture size) . Scan your 2x2 pictures and upload to that section.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
44 minutes ago, VA-FEB 13 FILER said:

PHOTOGRAPHS is your 2x2 pictures (passport picture size) . Scan your 2x2 pictures and upload to that section.

Thanks for the heads up.. How many 2x2 pictures do I scan and upload? 

2 minutes ago, sunrisecouples said:

Thanks for the heads up.. How many 2x2 pictures do I scan and upload? 

I scanned 2 of  2x2 passport size pictures. 1 for each page

Edited by VA-FEB 13 FILER

6 hours ago, Agie3105 said:

Hi All! 

Thanks Folks x 

I think we'll either get a notice next week or the following. 

Friday, August 10th, 2018 - Mailed I-130

Friday, August 24th, 2018 - Remailed I-130

Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 - Available for Pickup

Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 - Picked up

Friday, August 31st, 2018 - Payment Accepted

Tuesday, September 4th, 2018 - NOA1

Tuesday, April 16th, 2019 - NOA2 (USPS Mail)

Monday, April 22nd, 2019 - Sent to USCIS (Status Available Online)

Monday, May 20th, 2019 - NVC Case Number Generated

Monday, May 20th, 2019 - AOS/IV Paid

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019 - Payment Received

Monday, June 3rd, 2019 - Documents Submitted

Thursday, June 20th, 2019 - (RFE) Issues with Documents

Thursday, June 27th, 2019 - Documents Re-submitted

Friday, July 19th, 2019 - Documents Qualified

Monday, August 19th, 2019 - Interview Letter
Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019 - Interview Date

Friday, September 6th, 2019 - Visa Pickup From Document Service Center

Timeline
1 hour ago, princessyish20 said:

Woke up this morning with DQ! Resubmitted 6/15.

Anyone from the Philippines, how long does it take for US Embassy to schedule interview?

Congratulations!!

Timeline
5 hours ago, K-Kwette said:

Got approved today! Submitted on the 23rd of June. 

We got two emails, and when I logged on the NVC website, we also had two messages. One with the title ''All required applicant documents have been received and approved'' and the message is ''Documentary Qualified''

And then title ''NVC feedback''  and the message is : John does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants for this case. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 for a joint sponsor may be submitted. FINANCIAL SPONSORSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: Financial sponsors, joint sponsors, and applicants should be aware of responsibilities when signing an I-864 and the consequences for a sponsored immigrant's acceptance of federal means-tested public benefits. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos.

It's weird no? That we were approved but that we might need a joint-sponsor? Anybody with a similar situation or advice? My husband is way above poverty line but because we were travelling around the worl the previous two years, he doesn't have anything on it's tax records. Also, he left the US about 10 years ago to study and work in Europe so he doesn't have much tax history in the US anyways. 

The NVC website is on the status ''ACCEPTED''

Congratulations on getting DQ! With regard to the message about your sponsor..... they do not make the decision on whether to approve your sponsor. That will come from the consulate. They are warning you that they don't feel that your sponsor meets the requirements and that you might need to get a joint sponsor. NVC only accept documents and makes sure that you have submitted everything you need to move to the consulate stage. Depending on how strict your consulate is and whether he has sufficient US income, you may want to think about bringing an 1-864 for a joint sponsor in case they request it. If you don't have this and they don't feel he meets the requirements, you can be put in administrative processing while you find a joint sponsor. If there is any question whether he qualifies, bring the joint sponsor info to your interview. If they don't ask for one, then you don't have to present it. Better than adding more time to your case. Good luck!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
4 hours ago, princessyish20 said:

Woke up this morning with DQ! Resubmitted 6/15.

Anyone from the Philippines, how long does it take for US Embassy to schedule interview?

Congratulations!! 

This is a good sign, think they're starting to move

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.