Walid Elkak

Wanting to work in the US (split)

56 posts in this topic

As someone who employs a lot of foreign workers, and am in process of sponsoring some people for greencards, you are going to have a difficult time finding a long term position given what you said is your experience/skillset.  There may be seasonal work in the hospitality/F&B area, but that's not long term and an employer needs to prove there is no available American or Legal Perm Residents that can or will take the position.

For my industry, all my H1B visa recipients must have college degrees and deep specialized knowledge.   If I sponsor them later for a Greencard, it takes me years to get through all the legal hoops.   It's a painful, expensive and long process.  That's why in 5 years I've only sponsored 2 people. 

If you are that desperate to get here, you may want to look at maybe enrolling in a college here and coming under a student visa.  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Roel said:

Oh boy, you'd be surprised how conservative USA can be.

I think you're the kind of person who has this idea of USA that you have seen on the movies and tv shows and you think life there is perfect.

also would be surprised to see how hard americans work

and we are use to a 2 week vacation not a month off for Ramadan 

but as far as jobs here,   you will find most employers will not sponsor foreign worker unless the person has a specialized skill

a good immigration lawyer for a work visa for an employer is going to cost well over $10,000

57 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

a good immigration lawyer for a work visa for an employer is going to cost well over $10,000

Very true!

Also, a work visa requires that the employer petition the applicant before a visa can be sourced.

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

*** One post edited for using inappropriate language. Please remember to keep posting her clean.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Dv visa lottery? Egypt still qualifies. If you have high school degree you have a shot. Next lottery period opens in October. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2019 at 1:33 AM, Walid Elkak said:

Actually I'm trying to find work in the US

if want to work in the US  then it 's need work experience, Good English.and also depends on  Education, Work Experience, Age and Area where you want to live in US.
You can search jobs in US by the help of  job portals, your connections, LinkedIn , your network  and many more options are available for searching jobs.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/24/2019 at 4:03 PM, Walid Elkak said:

Actually I'm trying to find work in the US

All that a job seeker needs to do is register on these websites, create their profile, upload the resume and look for the best suitable job choices. There are two ways to look for a job at an online portal.
(external links removed)
Edited by Unlockable

Timeline
On 6/24/2019 at 4:20 PM, celie&joseph said:

If you are trying to get a work visa, you first need to find a company to hire you and sponsor this visa for you.

Applying for a work visa you first need to register with various (removed) providing abroad job opportunities, or can apply in a country where there is a demand of your skill set and the employer is ready to sponsor you

Edited by Unlockable

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Here is a person asking, I think genuinely, how he or she can come to the US legally.  I've heard several politicians (both Dems and Reps-I'm not being political) say publicly-"they need to get online like everyone else and not come here illegally".  I don't think it's unreasonable that both foreigners and most US Citizens think it's just a matter of filling out some papers and "getting on line".  That is the general idea that's been put forth, repeatedly, and most of my friends think this is true.

I maintain that people from other countries generally have no idea of what the process is, how to begin it, with what government agency, how to understand the forms in another language, how to continue legally applying without making any mistakes, etc.  If I went to Egypt I don't think I would have any idea how to apply for a visa. Would you?

I guess if the applicants are well educated, have work experience, and speak English very well, and have the benefit of help it's probably easier. 

I do not think this person is helped by sarcastic answers like do your homework-as that is what he or she is doing by coming to this forum.   Who else would he/she ask? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.