Walid Elkak

Wanting to work in the US (split)

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
8 hours ago, Amadia said:

What does the US have to offer in terms of employment that your home country does not? 

USA is liberated country and my country is conservative IT'S A BIG DIFFERENT

21 minutes ago, Walid Elkak said:

but unfortunately I have to go back to my home country (EGYPT). Because of family issues.

So you’re looking for work in Egypt?

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

3 minutes ago, Walid Elkak said:

No

I'm looking for job in USA

The point is that as of now, with no current job offer or path for you to be in the US, you will likely not have a US job in the immediate future. So the best option would be to have a job in your home country to both hold you over and help build your experience until you can find a US employer to sponsor you. 

The work visa is not immediate. So even if you found an employer to sponsor you today, it will be a while (likely 2020) until you can come to the US and work.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

2 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

The point is that as of now, with no current job offer or path for you to be in the US, you will likely not have a US job in the immediate future. So the best option would be to have a job in your home country to both hold you over and help build your experience until you can find a US employer to sponsor you. 

The work visa is not immediate. So even if you found an employer to sponsor you today, it will be a while (likely 2020) until you can come to the US and work.

It's even hard to get immediate work in America as a skilled worker. We're not trying to deflate your dreams, but you need to do more research, OP.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I agree. I tried looking for a job for over 2 years in the states and although business wanted to hire me they weren't willing to go through the visa process. 

You have a long road ahead and I wish you the best of luck, but you need to do your research and look for other avenues and work in Egypt so you can sustain yourself

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
3 hours ago, USS_Voyager said:

How about you asking them if they can transfer you to the US? That may be your best bet. 

I already asked them

That's why I'm in big (removed)

Edited by Unlockable
Edited to remove inappropriate word.

2 hours ago, Walid Elkak said:

I really don't know how you expected this post to end up.....every member pretty much explained the facts: you CANNOT just wake up one morning and decide that you want to work on American soil.

You are not in America and seem to be somewhere in the Middle East at this time. You have no type of visa that would allow you entry to the US right now and you can check as many job sites as you'd like but ALL of them will ask the same question:

ARE YOU AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES?

What will be your answer to that question on the job application? :pop:

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

anyone speaking multiple languages can search for jobs on the cruise ships (online just use google )

they have 5, 6 and 7 months contracts

you do have to work 7 days a week while working a contract

then you will have several months off while waiting for your next bid (contract)

this is not living in the US but ports in the US

the companies fly employees to the port and back to their country when contracts are finished

the cruise ships out of Florida employ many foreigners as i said because many speak and write several languages

2 hours ago, Walid Elkak said:

Oh boy, you'd be surprised how conservative USA can be.

I think you're the kind of person who has this idea of USA that you have seen on the movies and tv shows and you think life there is perfect.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Roel said:

I think you're the kind of person who has this idea of USA that you have seen on the movies and tv shows and you think life there is perfect.

I mean I do agree with you, but I do believe there's a big difference in between Egypt and the US. 

The US can be very conservative, but nothing compared to Egypt. 

Edited by Mary&Rafa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Roel said:

this is so true

we don't all swear a blue streak 

or have multiple sex partners

we have families and like respect

8 minutes ago, kris&me said:

this is so true

we don't all swear a blue streak 

or have multiple sex partners

we have families and like respect

A blue streak? In our hair?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.