N-o-l-a

That Itch You Can't Rant About (The Rant Thread)

2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

Had to call town again today because neighbors still haven't mowed their back lawn.

Their lawn mower is in working order, since they did the front last week. If it wasn't they could you know, buy a new one or ask for help.

The young lady living there is perfectly capable, she's about 20.

I explicitly asked them this week to do it, still not done.

The owner will be back tomorrow to talk about the damages, but I don't see it going well. Apparently they don't believe that we deserve their house insurance info, because then we can "get whatever we want."

🤬

I'm hoping she is planning on selling.

The house owner for the rental on the other side might be too. He popped by a few days ago. He told us the renter built some structure about a foot onto our property and took out my mother's bushes without permission.   That is news to me, but I guess we have about a foot more property than I thought we did. The old fence was built inside the property line.

I'd buy both if we could.

Stop picking on your poor neighbors!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
12 minutes ago, SAT said:

Stop picking on your poor neighbors!

They are the worst sort and I was more than gracious. I've been wearing a mask in my backyard for some time now because the amount of chunks of dandelions in the area is ridiculous (their backyard is only dandelions at this point). I get one of those in my nose and it swells up like no other.

We can't even build a fence to separate our properties because both of our backyards are alley-side and we park alley-side.

There isn't even a good way to get back at them passive aggressively.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

1- have Dutch plant pot in their yard

2- when pot is tall, contact DEA

3- get lawn chair, and enjoy watching the feds cut their yard for free. 

4- voila!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't think the city does anything for backyard lawns/weeds do they? I've always been told they only enforce the front yard. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ontarkie said:

I don't think the city does anything for backyard lawns/weeds do they? I've always been told they only enforce the front yard. 

Did they make hillbilly remove the engine from the tree? Or just cover it up with a tarp?

Timeline

Man I'm not talking to you guys no mo. 

I gotta go blow out the drain hose from one of the split ACs with the compressor... 

Oh yeah, I didn't go to work. 

Kids are at school, dog is at groomer, tiff at work. 

Heaven...

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SAT said:

Did they make hillbilly remove the engine from the tree? Or just cover it up with a tarp?

Na the tree branches cover it :P 

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

Every city has different ordinances. Ours covers any area of property, but part of that is because many of the houses don't have a front/back. Like, you can see my neighbor's lawn from both side streets that box in the block. She's got 4 properties that overlook it.  The guy across the street, I actually get a full view of his "back" from the side and then the next 5 houses down. 

Just in the last 3 years have they been enforcing blight ordinances here.  The issues isn't weeds but rather hitting above a foot high.

She's just making herself more and more enemies with it, because her neighbors care about their properties.

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

18 minutes ago, SAT said:

Kids are at school, dog is at groomer, tiff at work. 

Heaven...

Sounds like it. The 3 are all all home and have been for a couple of weeks.

The older one doesn't want to do anything productive. I told her she needed an extra-curricular for the summer/year, even if she hates sports. So, she's learning Spanish. They keep switching languages and teacher in the district, so I think this is going to be an at home chore.

The Dane only got a dollar raise at work, he's pissed.

Me, I get to go back on call on Sunday and all week.  We'll see if there is going to be a problem with the hunter green hair.

My mom is coming for a few weeks, picking up the older one, and bringing her back with her. The older one's only requested activities in NY: a cat cafe and the Nintendo store.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline
25 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

Every city has different ordinances. Ours covers any area of property, but part of that is because many of the houses don't have a front/back. Like, you can see my neighbor's lawn from both side streets that box in the block. She's got 4 properties that overlook it.  The guy across the street, I actually get a full view of his "back" from the side and then the next 5 houses down. 

Just in the last 3 years have they been enforcing blight ordinances here.  The issues isn't weeds but rather hitting above a foot high.

She's just making herself more and more enemies with it, because her neighbors care about their properties.

That is good, now hopefully they do something about it. 

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Tbone... pet insulin is different than people insulin. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

And people insulin is from horse insulin...

1 hour ago, theresaL said:

I'm stuck at the office until tonight when the Frenchie finishes work, the Frenchie has the car and I'm hungry. 

What kinda useless office has nothing to eat??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, SAT said:

And people insulin is from horse insulin...

What kinda useless office has nothing to eat??

One that's located off the main campus of a University with no kitchen and underpaid adjunct teachers.