2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
22 hours ago, Shiran said:

Some offices (Ohio, and Carolinas come to mind) tend to be very fast, with no to little backlog. So yeah those will get done fast. Other, have backlog in 10000. The processing actually is speeding up, with most offices processing more application than what they take in, which help shrink backlog little by little but the process is slow.

You can see some statistics here for I-485

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/Reports and Studies/Immigration Forms Data/Adjustment of Status/I485_performancedata_fy2019_qtr2.pdf

How did you find this link? Do you have a link for 3rd quarter/May filers? Thats good info there!!

Timeline

We had our Biometric appointment on 8/20 and still haven't had any updates. Our case status went to "Ready to schedule for interview" but I assume that takes another year or so, lol.

I don't understand how people who filed AFTER us are getting green cards already. My wife is part of the Russian girls chat group on Whatsapp and it seems there are girls who filed a few weeks after us who already received their green cards.

All we want is the Advanced Parole document, we dont even care about green card at this point. I do not understand why some of us have to wait many months while others do not. This system is not fair or accurate at all. Just my two cents.

We have spent the past three New Years Eves in Moscow, which is culturally their largest celebration of the year (with Christmas being Jan 7th for Orthodox Russians). I have a gut feeling that we will get our EAD and AP by December, and travel then, only to have our green card appointment scheduled for January when all Russians go back home!! I really hope that re-scheduling the green card appointment is possible and acceptable, because I know the US government is going to try to make this as difficult as possible, without any consideration for our culture or beliefs. I fully expect they will want to interview my wife as soon as she leaves the country on her AP.

Edited by nekotakacho

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
27 minutes ago, nekotakacho said:

We had our Biometric appointment on 8/20 and still haven't had any updates. Our case status went to "Ready to schedule for interview" but I assume that takes another year or so, lol.

I don't understand how people who filed AFTER us are getting green cards already. My wife is part of the Russian girls chat group on Whatsapp and it seems there are girls who filed a few weeks after us who already received their green cards.

All we want is the Advanced Parole document, we dont even care about green card at this point. I do not understand why some of us have to wait many months while others do not. This system is not fair or accurate at all. Just my two cents.

We have spent the past three New Years Eves in Moscow, which is culturally their largest celebration of the year (with Christmas being Jan 7th for Orthodox Russians). I have a gut feeling that we will get our EAD and AP by December, and travel then, only to have our green card appointment scheduled for January when all Russians go back home!! I really hope that re-scheduling the green card appointment is possible and acceptable, because I know the US government is going to try to make this as difficult as possible, without any consideration for our culture or beliefs. I fully expect they will want to interview my wife as soon as she leaves the country on her AP.

Green card interviews are dependant on how backlogged your local office is.   The fortunate ones are getting interviews,  the less than fortunate are waiting 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
29 minutes ago, nekotakacho said:

How did you find this link? Do you have a link for 3rd quarter/May filers? Thats good info there!!

It is publicly available information on USCIS site. I do not believe they released 3rd quarter data yet. They should be releasing it soon, possibly later this month. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
On 9/11/2019 at 2:54 PM, KandN said:

Case status changed to "Interview was scheduled" today. I couldn't believe my eyes considering that my field office's (Miami) processing times are quoted at 23+ months and I got an RFIE in early July. 

Now waiting to get the interview letter to find out the exact date.

Got my interview letter today; the appointment will be at the end of October.

Interestingly, the interview will be held at the Kendall field office rather than the heavily backlogged Miami one (which would be my default field office). I did not get a prior notification about my case being transferred. Anyways, this could be good news to people with slow field offices if this is part of the USCIS initiative to clear backlogs by transferring cases to other nearby offices.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Vgmay2019 said:

KANDn, what is your timeline? I am at the Kendall office  as well. I sent my papers on the 20th of May.

You can see my full timeline in my profile but I filed May 6th and had my biometrics in early June at the North Miami Beach ASC.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Shiran said:

It is publicly available information on USCIS site. I do not believe they released 3rd quarter data yet. They should be releasing it soon, possibly later this month. 

Thanks. I changed the url from “qtr2” to “qtr3” and it threw a 404 not found. Makes sense it’s not available yet, thanks for this great info. 

This fine morning my EAD (Not Expedited) status has changed to card in production. long wait for EAD is over.   waiting for interview date ( status: ready to be scheduled for interview).

My Default field office is Philadelphia, PA. which has tons of backlogs and slowest processing in the country. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Reddys77 said:

This fine morning my EAD (Not Expedited) status has changed to card in production. long wait for EAD is over.   waiting for interview date ( status: ready to be scheduled for interview).

My Default field office is Philadelphia, PA. which has tons of backlogs and slowest processing in the country. 

Take a look at Miami 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi guys, has anyone experienced that before ? I had my biometric last week my I-485 status still says "Response to USCIS RFE was received " and I765 /I 131 say case was received. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Hmmmmmm We have an interview scheduled but apparently we just got a notice that the EAD was approved and the order to print the card and send it has been sent.......

very awkward as our interview is still a month away......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, MateR said:

Hmmmmmm We have an interview scheduled but apparently we just got a notice that the EAD was approved and the order to print the card and send it has been sent.......

very awkward as our interview is still a month away......

The "EAD approved after GC interview was scheduled" club seems to have quite a few members (including my wife).

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I got my medical for K1 Visa done in November 2018, got married and filed for AOS in June 2019 (NYC Manhattan). Since Manhattan filed office is really slow, the interview will probably be in 2020 or 2021. I had filed a completed DS-3025 with my AOS application, my question is will I need to get another medical done before my interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.